Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Had expectation all year, sitting pretty clear on 2nd after rd16 and comfortably putting away teams.

Maybe the group has matured? Funny how that can happen in sport.
Wonder how Fadge is dealing with his expectation of Carlton finishing 13th, or 16th or whatever the hell he thinks his prediction was pre season

All in due course, my friend.

As we are well versed, the home and away rounds are nothing more than qualifying for finals... then we find out who the contenders and pretenders are.
Will you even make the finals in the first place though?

You do need to win enough home and away games, to book that ticket for the finals after all!

Why choose such a specific cut off date?

Do the same for 5 years?
10 years?
20 years?
30 years?
40 years?
50 years?
60 years?
70 years?
80 years?
90 years?
100 years?
110 years?
History of the competition?

No way I'd be swapping the ride I've been given as a Collingwood supporter over my lifetime, as would be the case for 80% of the population.
As someone else said on this thread, you prefer a ride that consists of more grand final defeats than victories?

Whatever floats your boat i guess. You Pies supporters are very easily pleased!

As someone else said on this thread, you prefer a ride that consists of more grand final defeats than victories?

Whatever floats your boat i guess. You Pies supporters are very easily pleased!
I'd prefer the ride that has my team winning as many games of football as possible.

And I support the club which has:
The equal most premierships;
The most Grand Final appearances;
The most finals wins;
The most games won;
11 years as the longest stretch between Grand Final appearances (1991 to 2001);
7 years as the longest stretch between finals appearances (1995 to 2001), winning minimum 7 games in all bar one of those seasons;

Regardless of how old you are, you've had a great bang for your buck as a Collingwood supporter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd prefer the ride that has my team winning as many games of football as possible.

And I support the club which has:
The equal most premierships;
The most Grand Final appearances;
The most finals wins;
The most games won;
11 years as the longest stretch between Grand Final appearances (1991 to 2001);

Regardless of how old you are, you've had a great bang for your buck as a Collingwood supporter.
You forgot to mention most grand final defeats, and you also forgot to mention that you are the only team to lose to the Saints in a grand final as well!

In St Kilda's premiership year, Carlton didn't even make the finals are were beaten by them by 53 points in their home and away match.

What does that say about Carlton?
We got over it. We did win the flag two years later. It took the Pies though almost a quarter of a century to get over 1966!

We got over it. We did win the flag two years later. It took the Pies though almost a quarter of a century to get over 1966!

Fadgey didn’t count on someone doing their own research. We beat St Kilda later that same year 😂

I need to stop myself here because imagine being so petty as to bring up a random Carlton vs St Kilda home and away result from nearly 60 years ago. They’ve beaten us 59 times in our history and we got over every single one of them. Why? Because none were in a Grand Final.

Looking very good are you Blues.

Premiership favourites I think now are Carlton.

Anything but a flag from here will be regarded as an absolute disaster and one of the greatest chokes of the modern era.
Losing to the Saints this year has got to be one of the biggest chokes so far. You must sit back and reflect and think how in the hell

Looking very good are you Blues.

Premiership favourites I think now are Carlton.

Anything but a flag from here will be regarded as an absolute disaster and one of the greatest chokes of the modern era.
No the Swans are still flag favourites i think.;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back