Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez Collingwoods drafting is pretty poor.

2018:
Pick 13: Isaac Quaynor (gifted via academy)
Pick 29: Will Kelly
Pick 77: Atu Bosenvulagi
Rookie: Mark Keane
Rookie: Anton Tohill
Mid-Season: John Noble

2019:
Pick 40: Jay Rantall
Pick 45: Trent Bianco
Pick 55: Trey Ruscoe

2020:
Pick 17: Ollie Henry
Pick 19: Fin Macrae
Pick 23: Reef McInnes
Pick 30: Caleb Poulter
Pick 31: Liam McMahon
Pick 44: Beau Mcreery
Mid-Season: Ash Johnson
Mid-Season: Aiden Begg

2021:
Pick 4: Nick Daicos (gifted via F/S)
Pick 45: Arlo Draper
Pick 49: Cooper Murley
Pick 52: Harvey Harrison

2022:
Pick 19: Edward Allen
Pick 28: Jakob Ryan
Pick 48: Joe Richards
Mid-Season: Josh Carmichael

Won't bother with 2023 draft as too early to tell, but has this underwhelming haul over the past few years gone under the radar? 4 best 22 players (2 of which are F/S & academy) from 26 selections. Yikes.

Geez brown paper bags haven't been mentioned in this thread before.
If you hadn’t noticed, much of the banter is fairly cyclical in here.

Shall I post the ‘The Chosen Ones’ framed picture again that commemorates Carlton’s 3 wooden spoons?

I bet at least one of you has it up on the wall.

You can respond in kind by claiming we’re 13th on the ladder, or making a teeth joke, or any other tactic to divert attention from the last quarter century.

2018:

2019:

2020:

2021:

2022:

Won't bother with 2023 draft as too early to tell, but has this underwhelming haul over the past few years gone under the radar? 4 best 22 players (2 of which are F/S & academy) from 26 selections. Yikes.
team america vomit GIF

Shall I post the ‘The Chosen Ones’ framed picture again that commemorates Carlton’s 3 wooden spoons?

You can respond in kind by claiming we’re 13th on the ladder, or making a teeth joke, or any other tactic to divert attention from the last quarter century.
It's 2024 . Stick to the facts of why you think Collingwood will be better than Carlton for this year - that is of course if you think that.

ahhh fresh meat for the mincer introducing himself with a common mix of pasted prose and inflated sense of self worth - stick around for more than a day and make a post worthy of more than passing snig ger and I will get to you - bring your abacus friend but check the batteries aren't flat like COllingwood's current and future form is and will be.
Excellent ‘Justabattler’ is going to ‘get to me’ should he deem it worth his while.

Shall henceforth redirect all my energies to make the dream a reality.

2018:

2019:

2020:

2021:

2022:

Don’t forget to mention the fact we traded pick 2 for
Caleb Poulter
and Liam McMahon.

It's 2024 . Stick to the facts of why you think Collingwood will be better than Carlton for this year - that is of course if you think that.
Dunno about facts, but we're one flag into a 4peat baby, three more to go so while you may finish higher h&a, when the whips are tough and the going gets cracking it'll be all Collingwood.

It's simple maths.

Dunno about facts, but we're one flag into a 4peat baby, three more to go so while you may finish higher h&a, when the whips are tough and the going gets cracking it'll be all Collingwood.

It's simple maths.
Let them beat there chests a little, as it’s going to be even funnier when it all comes crashing down again!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been in a thread like this with Fadge and co for 6 or 7 years mate seen and heard everything and you are wrong, i reckon you'll finish 16th.

Despite its limitations, it’s likely a superior form of analysis than your multi-verse hypotheses imagining second year players are actually first year players whilst playing for different clubs.

Nice attempt at a twist

"At the same age", which is fact

But nothing to do with this thread, so another failed attempt

It's simple maths.
Keep your one cyclops eye on the prize, but pray that they qualify first before coming up with your simple maths

I've been in a thread like this with Fadge and co for 6 or 7 years mate seen and heard everything and you are wrong, i reckon you'll finish 16th.
Wrong about your 'Chosen Ones' framed picture? I reckon we'll make the 8 and knock you out of the finals :)

On an unexpected serious note, I reckon the Blues are as good a chance as anyone to win the flag this year. If they were to play the Swans in the GF next week I'd begrudgingly pick Carlton. A lot of twists and turns left in the season though.

Nothing changes until the completion of the next round

As it stands, we are 6 points ahead of 3rd and 8 points + a sizable % ahead of 5th

Pie supporters have no leverage left from their bizarre predictions prior to the season or even in the first 4 weeks.

16th? Glorious

Until next round, knock yourselves out talking about the past

Carlton has bona fide the worst depth in the AFLM. 2s about to rack up their 10th consecutive loss
yeah - dun worry about 15 AFL players unavailable over teh last few months - now only down to 7 unavailable -depth could be solved I guess with special dispensation for 10 extra listed players and an expanded salary cap to suit- but i guess that is only reserved for COLA and other fake franchise AFL teams - yeah?

#buzzorfblowin

Nothing changes until the completion of the next round

As it stands, we are 6 points ahead of 3rd and 8 points + a sizable % ahead of 5th

Pie supporters have no leverage left from their bizarre predictions prior to the season or even in the first 4 weeks.

16th? Glorious

Until next round, knock yourselves out talking about the past
So we should just let this thread die whilst waiting until the next round? Where's the fun in that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back