Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

My god Cripps is a disgustingly selfish human being.

Has the looks, the build, the skill, the work ethic, the character, the leadership, the grace, the humility. I bet he's even freaking well endowed.

I am never listening to him speak again lest I wish him and Carlton well.

🤮

Hmm between this and the GWS game, we've just blown a glorious chance at reinforcing that top two position we currently occupy.

We're still in a good place, once we find our form again we'll be right. Management made way too many changes to the team!

We won't win the flag on the basis of the last two performances, but we are capable of being way better than that.

We are slow. Sometimes it gets exposed vs teams.
Yes that's true. There's nothing we can do about it until the draft though! We just have to hope we can wing it for this year!

I know they won a flag fairly recently, but a Melbourne fan going on about a team having a soft underbelly is a little bit rich/ironic i think!

Ummmm tonight was Blueshakes, collapsing under pressure. Let's go one better. How about you buy me one and I drink it when the Pies destroy the Blues in a few weeks.
Not going to happen i'm afraid. We have our faults for sure, but Collingwood right now are a race horse that's nearly ready to be put down imo!

Defensively Carlton are coughing up too much of a score to be a genuine flag threat

Having said that, offensively they are as well placed as any team
Our defensive structure does seem to be very overly reliant on Jacob Weitering being available.

I think complacency could've cost us here. That won't be an issue against the Pies though.

We'll be looking to hammer that final nail right into their coffin!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m just purely suggesting that your original post was very arrogant.

Yes you will win this years thread! (Whoopdy doo) But how about your club win something before you start talking about Collingwood being irrelevant. We did salute last year incase you forgot.

Worry about trying to win something before you pot the reigning premier, who has done what you are trying to strive to do.

Don’t become like how your supporter base was perceived in the 70s and 80s.
As the old saying goes there's only one team that can win and that's Carlton.

How come we never see you when Carlton win?
Think you have the wrong person. I will pop in and out of this thread whenever. Don't care who wins or loses. I have only had 137 posts in this thread which is relatively low compared to some. Below is the week after a Carlton win, a Collingwood loss and prior to a Carlton loss so you may want to recheck your facts. Often, I take long breaks from the main board and that is usually because I am active in most of the Aboriginal threads and have been racially abused. You will not believe how many users are suspended or banned because of racial comments. I usually retreat to the safety of the Supercoach board when that happens. When you are a 50-year member like myself who goes to every game, you don't dodge banter from opposition supporters because of a loss

1720898548118.png

2nd for about 3 more hours....
No Way Beer GIF by Busch

As I said, 17 teams playing for second place in 2024.

I guess someone has to make up the numbers in the 8.
I think you are failing to grasp what the headline of this thread is. So I repeat " who will be better in 2024 , Collingwood or Carlton ?
The title of the thread does not say "who is making up numbers? Or "who is playing for 2nd place? "
In the words of a wise man - comprehension - is important
Carlton still 2 games clear plus percentage

I think you are failing to grasp what the headline of this thread is. So I repeat " who will be better in 2024 , Collingwood or Carlton ?
The title of the thread does not say "who is making up numbers? Or "who is playing for 2nd place? "
In the words of a wise man - comprehension - is important
Carlton still 2 games clear plus percentage
Pies and Carlton just two of the 17 teams playing for second place - or in the words of Carlton supporters - participating.

The fact the Pies have a flag in the back pocket from 2023 softens that realisation, but it must be hard to take for Carlton supporters who have been building and rebuilding for 30 years...

Pies and Carlton just two of the 17 teams playing for second place - or in the words of Carlton supporters - participating.

The fact the Pies have a flag in the back pocket from 2023 softens that realisation, but it must be hard to take for Carlton supporters who have been building and rebuilding for 30 years...
Is this the 2023 thread ? You must be lost

As the old saying goes there's only one team that can win and that's Carlton.
I think you guys win this year, time is not up, though it’s running out. But at the end of the day if it’s a couple of mediocre performances rather then what we both expect as supporter groups then whoopdy do, who cares. Last season was exciting as both of us went deep, this season looks to be an anomaly and you guys look to get one on us.

Both sides need to turn the form around quickly, as my mob need to most likely win 4-5 of last 6 just to make 8, where as your mob similiar to make top 4.

If Blues don’t turn around form then I fear it’s a wasted season, my boys have been shite for most of it but at least this group will always be known as a premiership group. You can spin anything you like but the name of the game is not individual accolades, it is Premierships, that’s the beauty about sports is that someone say like Billy Frampton is not rated externally by anyone except those at Collingwood, he will forever be able to show his kids and his grandkids his premiership medallion. Nathan Buckley would trade all his individual accolades for 1 premiership medal I believe.

As Cripps is getting older, I feel Carlton need to snag a flag with him as he is such an inspirational leader for you guys whom others follow, but he is running out of time in his career if you guys fall away this season.

To steal a quote from one of your posters here.

Tick tock
Tick tock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back