Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can feel the fear in Carlton supporters. They know what is coming. They know deep inside. They are scared. The Blueshakes are coming.
We aren't the ones trying to come up with a new way of defining who is better. Why don't Pies fans have faith that they will finish above the Blues in 2024...?

But unfortunately, the football world are beginning to realise the simple fact is that Carlton are no more than an average football team.
Hang on let me check the ladder again.

There are three easy beat teams in the AFL that basically = automatic wins: WCE, NM and Richmond. Whichever team played those teams the most times very likely had the easiest draw. Every team upwards can be a top 8 or bottom 10 level team on their day depending on when you get them.
You forgot Geelong.

You haven't schooled me at anything.

You clearly have no idea, after suggesting a $1.50 favourite is a 'certain winner'.

Nor do I agree with anything you have posted.

Enjoy the Blueshakes over the next few weeks.
Lol have a look at the Pies draw, fun times ahead.

ive been enjoying the Colliwobbles for the past 65 years. Well 53 years if we include my lifetime.
Blueshakes isnt even a word associated with Carlton. Tried Google and got nothing
Because over our 32 year premiership drought we had a history of making grand finals and falling at the line.

What word should we associate with a team that is having a 29 year drought and just actually can’t make grand finals at all.

I’ll go with Shitton

We aren't the ones trying to come up with a new way of defining who is better. Why don't Pies fans have faith that they will finish above the Blues in 2024...?
So the ladder is the decider again 🤔

Not how long your season goes for or your draft pick.

Hard to keep up with what your consistent measure is.

I can understand a Pie supporter not wanting to look at the ladder but when you do look down the bottom half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just think if Shitton don’t get the job done this year it may be a 40-50 year drought and who knows what we will then be calling them.
Yeah , I don't think that's gunna take off that word. It's not really clever, it's like that blueshakes thing that comes up . At least come up with something that might make it as a new word in the dictionary like Colliwobbles did

One of my favourite posts in this thread was when a Carlton poster shared a screenshot of the highest number of positions a defending premier has fallen the following year, and it had the starting point for Adelaide in 1997 as 5th (for example), after they've been crying for the past six months about us not acknowledging Carlton's 2023 finals performances by only crediting them with a 5th placed finish last year.

They just continue to tie themselves in knots.

The ladder is the decider unless both teams make finals in which case "finishing above" means advancing further in said finals. Not sure how many times it needs to be repeated

Where is this documented?

The thread question is 'who will be better', which is open to interpretation.
For the 5th time this is what we had in the 2023 thread and so why would it change this year?

Considering the whole discourse in this thread has been centred around ladder (especially when the Pies were ahead earlier in the year) I think most people understood what better means.

For the 5th time this is what we had in the 2023 thread and so why would it change this year?

Considering the whole discourse in this thread has been centred around ladder (especially when the Pies were ahead earlier in the year) I think most people understood what better means.
Nah, there are many ways to interpret 'better'.

Let's see how it plays out.

I know it means a great deal to the Shitton folk, as they don't really have much else to get excited about, but we'll be sure to let you know if we concede Carlton are better than Collingwood in 2024.

Nah, there are many ways to interpret 'better'.

Let's see how it plays out.

I know it means a great deal to the Shitton folk, as they don't really have much else to get excited about, but we'll be sure to let you know if we concede Carlton are better than Collingwood in 2024.
So we have had a thread for two years about who is better and we had an objective measure for it.

But now in 2024 it is "up to interpretation". Give me a break.

Any other Pies fans or neutrals in here want to comment what they thought "better" meant this season?

So we have had a thread for two years about who is better and we had an objective measure for it.

But now in 2024 it is "up to interpretation". Give me a break.

Any other Pies fans or neutrals in here want to comment what they thought "better" meant this season?
Pointless asking Pie fans, they'll look at whatever benefits them

Surprised they have listed the number of hotdogs consumed a their home games this year to try and justify powerhouse status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back