Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, which is why slipping up to them in round 7 could prove fatal.

Collingwood are another but I'm expecting Carlton to bounce back and not give them the double.
Geelong were to good in round 7 been a strange old season for a number of teams, not just the Blues.

Where is this 'objective measure' documented?
Do we need a Constitution for this thread or something? This thread has been done the previous two years and I didn't see any disputes about what the measure is. And now suddenly in 2024 it's changed

Pointless asking Pie fans, they'll look at whatever benefits them

Surprised they have listed the number of hotdogs consumed a their home games this year to try and justify powerhouse status
There are some Pies fans on here I trust not to be so one-eyed

The ladder is the decider unless both teams make finals in which case "finishing above" means advancing further in said finals. Not sure how many times it needs to be repeated
Bahahahaha

It was always who will finish higher - pretty simple.

Except last year you Bagger muppets tried to pretend who finishes higher isnt actually based on ladder positions.

All because it was done and dusted in June. So instead introduce crap about draft order / how long you play for as an alternate way to determine who finishes higher.

To account for the Carlton fans inability to grasp a simple concept related to the ladder, the thread was changed in 2024 to be who will be better.

When talking which teams are better, HTH results are an obvious consideration.

Bahahahaha

It was always who will finish higher - pretty simple.

Except last year you Bagger muppets tried to pretend who finishes higher isnt actually based on ladder positions.

All because it was done and dusted in June. So instead introduce crap about draft order / how long you play for as an alternate way to determine who finishes higher.

To account for the Carlton fans inability to grasp a simple concept related to the ladder, the thread was changed in 2024 to be who will be better.

When talking which teams are better, HTH results are an obvious consideration.
No one pretended anything - both sets of supporters agreed to take into account finals. On your point about H2H you haven't explained how you even take it into consideration. If Collingwood win the H2H but then finish lower on the ladder is that an even season in your eyes? Very confused how H2H would even factor in.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if he's over his 'illness'?
Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

LoL...you mean Carlton fans moved the goal posts.

2023 top 4 according to the ladder.

View attachment 2065309

They obviously were the best 4 teams yeah....
Once again both sets of supporters agreed finals were included - you can't start whingeing about it 12 months later.

Anyway I can't keep going around in circles - you can evaluate the performance of two teams based on 2/23+ games. That's your prerogative.

I will wait for the season to finish and will admit either way who was better based on season results not vibes or feelings.

Courtesy of two additional games against the bottom two teams.
I'm just looking at the ladder.
Pies have played
9th - hawthorn twice
10th - Essendon twice
11th - Melbourne once
13th - gold coast once ( away)
14th - saints once
15th - Crows once
16th - west coast once
17th - north once
18th - Richmond once

against the same sides, Carlton have played

Hawthorn, West coast and Saints not yet played
Essendon , melbourne, gold coast , crows , collingwood once
Richmond and North twice

Pies have played against bottom 10 sides x 11
Carlton have played against bottom 10 sides x 9

So, who has had the harder draw I ask ? Seems to me that Collingwood should actually be ahead of Carlton as of today given the fixture to this point

I'm just looking at the ladder.
Pies have
9th - hawthorn twice
10th - Essendon twice
11th - Melbourne once
13th - gold coast once ( away)
14th - saints once
15th - Crows once
16th - west coast once
17th - north once
18th - Richmond once

against the same sides, Carlton have played

Hawthorn, West coast and Saints not yet played
Essendon , melbourne, gold coast , crows , collingwood once
Richmond and North twice

Pies have played against bottom 10 sides x 11
Carlton have played against bottom 10 sides x 9

So, who has had the harder draw I ask ? Seems to me that Collingwood should actually be ahead of Carlton as of today given the fixture to this point
No double ups against the "automatic wins" I'd consider a handicap, as an impartial observer.

No double ups against the "automatic wins" I'd consider a handicap, as an impartial observer.
So nothing to do with when you play a team? I'd argue North now is a harder opponent than St Kilda in the first half of the season. And yet you have them down as an "automatic win" and Saints with the other 14 teams.

So nothing to do with when you play a team? I'd argue North now is a harder opponent than St Kilda in the first half of the season. And yet you have them down as "automatic wins" and Saints with the other 14 teams.
Why are you being so precious about this?

It's as if Carlton supporters haven't had much to celebrate in recent times, and are looking for all the acknowledgement they can muster...

Why are you being so precious about this?

It's as if Carlton supporters haven't had much to celebrate in recent times, and are looking for all the acknowledgement they can muster...
I'm being precious? That is funny.

So nothing to do with when you play a team? I'd argue North now is a harder opponent than St Kilda in the first half of the season. And yet you have them down as an "automatic win" and Saints with the other 14 teams.
Well of course, but good luck grading 18 teams against each and every opponent, applying the "current form/performance" metric to it. For instance Essendon were playing some shocking football while in the top 4 this season, while Hawthorn have had a supreme run while out of the 8.

Which three teams have barely failed to fire a shot though, and have terrible percentage to reflect consistently poor performances? Richmond, North Melbourne and West Coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back