Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one pretended anything - both sets of supporters agreed to take into account finals. On your point about H2H you haven't explained how you even take it into consideration. If Collingwood win the H2H but then finish lower on the ladder is that an even season in your eyes? Very confused how H2H would even factor in.
It doesn't, whoever finishes higher wins Pies trying to shift the goalposts, will be all over on Satdy night.

Well of course, but good luck grading 18 teams against each and every opponent, applying the "current form/performance" metric to it. For instance Essendon were playing some shocking football while in the top 4 this season, while Hawthorn have had a supreme run while out of the 8.

Which three teams have barely failed to fire a shot though, and have terrible percentage to reflect consistently poor performances? Richmond, North Melbourne and West Coast.
But that is my point it's not as simple as you are making it out to be. No such thing as an "automatic win" and what that may be on any given week changes.

And then treating the other 15 teams equally makes no sense to me given the variation in performances by those teams. There has been a ridiculous amount of parity this season but idt any reasonable analysis will lead to the conclusion that 1-15 should be treated as similar level of opposition.

But that is my point it's not as simple as you are making it out to be. No such thing as an "automatic win" and what that may be on any given week changes.

And then treating the other 15 teams equally makes no sense to me given the variation in performances by those teams. There has been a ridiculous amount of parity this season but idt any reasonable analysis will lead to the conclusion that 1-15 should be treated as similar level of opposition.
Every team 15th or above besides Essendon have a % above 100, while the teams below them are in the 60's. That is a huge distinction. There has never been a clearer difference between the bottom 3 teams and the rest of the comp, while there are very few seasons where the rest of the comp has their % bunched up so tightly. Getting double ups with the bottom 3 is like stumbling upon a gold mine.

Why are you being so precious about this?

It's as if Carlton supporters haven't had much to celebrate in recent times, and are looking for all the acknowledgement they can muster...
If anyone is being precious, it's you. Can't hack being crap immediately after a flukey premiership win. Have fallen from 1st to 12th and is the biggest fail of a defence, in the history of the game. Get over it. Carlton will finish above Collingwood and that is what this thread is only about. 2024. This year. Collingwood making history for all the wrong reasons

Every team 15th or above besides Essendon have a % above 100, while the teams below them are in the 60's. That is a huge distinction. There has never been a clearer difference between the bottom 3 teams and the rest of the comp, while there are very few seasons where the rest of the comp has their % bunched up so tightly. Getting double ups with the bottom 3 is like stumbling upon a gold mine.
It's a factor for sure - I just don't think that is the only thing to consider in a 23-game season.

If anyone is being precious, it's you. Can't hack being crap immediately after a flukey premiership win. Have fallen from 1st to 12th and is the biggest fail of a defence, in the history of the game. Get over it. Carlton will finish above Collingwood and that is what this thread is only about. 2024. This year. Collingwood making history for all the wrong reasons
Can you share that table again, where Adelaide only dropped from 5th after they won the flag in 1997?

LOLOL.

It doesn't, whoever finishes higher wins Pies trying to shift the goalposts, will be all over on Satdy night.
No goalpost shifting from the Pies, pretty simple as to who the "higher ranked" team is.

The 2023 top4 teams as per the ladder.

Screenshot_20240801_162323_AFL.jpg

It was Bagger fans that wanted to ignore the ladder and make up a completely different measure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did we fluke in the premiership ?

What did we fluke in the premiership ?
Finished a game and percentage clear on top after playing dead rubbers for the final five rounds of the home and away season.

Then went bang, bang and bang in our three finals to win the flag.

Maybe Carlton supporters are still trying to work out the finals system, and think we fluked getting three home finals?

Or trying to work out why we got a break in week two of finals and they didn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back