Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubbish.

If Carlton make finals (and are eliminated in week 1) by finishing a game or two ahead of Collingwood, courtesy of two additional games against the bottom two easybeats and some dubious umpiring (i.e. Dissentgate against Fremantle in Gather Round), and Carlton have either a 1:1 or 0:2 Head to Head record against Collingwood, you'd be hard up to conclude Carlton were any better than Collingwood in 2024.
You are going to try and cover everything but whoever finishes higher on the ladder wins, it's that simple.

Rubbish.

If Carlton make finals (and are eliminated in week 1) by finishing a game or two ahead of Collingwood, courtesy of two additional games against the bottom two easybeats and some dubious umpiring (i.e. Dissentgate against Fremantle in Gather Round), and Carlton have either a 1:1 or 0:2 Head to Head record against Collingwood, you'd be hard up to conclude Carlton were any better than Collingwood in 2024.
No it is easy to conclude that they are better in that scenario.

Anyway make it all straightforward by beating them this week and hopefully they drop another and potentially even miss finals

Only problem with that is that it aint what the Baggers argued for in 2023.
I was there mate and i can't recall us arguing anything, we were always well behind.

No it is easy to conclude that they are better in that scenario.

Anyway make it all straightforward by beating them this week and hopefully they drop another and potentially even miss finals
Not even the Blueshakes could miss finals with games against 12th, 14th and 16th in their run home.

I was there mate and i can't recall us arguing anything, we were always well behind.
Maybe not you Rob, you seem logical!

A few Bagger nuffies wanted to flip the script and ignore the ladder and run with draft order, when your last game was played etc.

Pretty clear that who finishes higher is linked to ladder.

Who is better, that is more open to interpretation 😜

I didn't think it was possible to laugh any harder, viewing this thread, as the season progressed

From the start of the year, when the draw was published, that the Pies would go B2B and us finishing 13th, 16th, etc

Now, apparently when we make finals and the Pies don't, if we lose in an elimination final (might have the double chance), then the Pies are claiming victory?

1000008255.gif

Rubbish.

Nth melbourne FC called - they want their 4 points back

I didn't think it was possible to laugh any harder, viewing this thread, as the season progressed

From the start of the year, when the draw was published, that the Pies would go B2B and us finishing 13th, 16th, etc

Now, apparently when we make finals and the Pies don't, if we lose in an elimination final (might have the double chance), then the Pies are claiming victory?

View attachment 2066090
He will probably put his hand up for "nearest the pin" on the 2024 ladder thread and spend the next 3 months arguing about it too. Groundhog day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm i thought you weren't supposed to quote opposition boards on here mate.

I got a telling off myself for quoting a post from your board on this very thread. I have no issues with you quoting our board anyway.

It's just seems that the rule isn't consistently applied however.

I didn’t quote anyone. I took a snippet from something and did not make reference to who it was. Happy to delete if it infuriates, upsets or deregulates anyone’s morning.

Your screenshot is fine and within site rules as there are no poster tags South of the Yarra

But I can't recall anyone on our Board making reference to 'Blueshakes' (unless I missed it)

Going to be a huge game. Will be a lot of mind games both ways. Massive ramifications for both clubs. Huge crowd. The biggest ticket in town. I am so excited to get there that I actually forgot there was a game tonight. This is why Collingwood and Carlton are the Big 2. There are no bigger clubs in the country.

what she said yes GIF by TipsyElves.com

Rubbish.

Talk about rubbish 🚮

Talk about rubbish 🚮

It’s cute that a Wobble supporter wants to talk about umpiring when none of them can acknowledge they got some huge decisions from them against North. Shocking that they think they are a good enough side to come back from 9 goals behind without the umpires screwing over North.

Rubbish.

I have some sympathy for this line of thinking - which is why a reasonable person would agree that Collingwood were not better than Carlton in 2023 - both teams won a game each against other and Collingwood due to some dubious umpiring decisions finished one game ahead in finals - which of course wouldn't have happened if Collinwgood had to play against Carlton in a preliminary final - instead of fluking an umpire assisted win against GWS and then fluking a win due to poor umpiring again ( if not biased) against Brisbane.

In fact I would suggest that the argument posted above has more gravitas since Collingwood "raining premiership" year has exposed Collingwood as being a middling Club battling to even make finals.

Strong retort.

As per usual.

Same rinse & repeat drivel from you.

As per usual!

Rubbish.

If Carlton make finals (and are eliminated in week 1) by finishing a game or two ahead of Collingwood, courtesy of two additional games against the bottom two easybeats and some dubious umpiring (i.e. Dissentgate against Fremantle in Gather Round) and Carlton have either a 1:1 or 0:2 Head to Head record against Collingwood, you'd be hard up to conclude Carlton were any better than Collingwood in 2024.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back