Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some sympathy for this line of thinking - which is why a reasonable person would agree that Collingwood were not better than Carlton in 2023 - both teams won a game each against other and Collingwood due to some dubious umpiring decisions finished one game ahead in finals - which of course wouldn't have happened if Collinwgood had to play against Carlton in a preliminary final - instead of fluking an umpire assisted win against GWS and then fluking a win due to poor umpiring again ( if not biased) against Brisbane.

In fact I would suggest that the argument posted above has more gravitas since Collingwood "raining premiership" year has exposed Collingwood as being a middling Club battling to even make finals.
1. It's actually 'reigning premier' - but I understand why Carlton supporters are so unfamiliar with the spelling and concept.

2. You've forgotten about the 4 to 5 game buffer Collingwood had on Carlton after the home and away rounds (regardless of the dead rubber Collingwood played against Carlton late in the season).

1. It's actually 'reigning premier' - but I understand why Carlton supporters are so unfamiliar with the spelling and concept.
Went right over your head

2. You've forgotten about the 4 to 5 game buffer Collingwood had on Carlton after the home and away rounds (regardless of the dead rubber Collingwood played against Carlton late in the season).

You mean the margin of games we couldn't make up in 2024?

More failed predictions

Went right over your head

200.gif

What is the probability of Carlton finishing top of the H&A ladder?
and as a bonus point special - what is teh probability of the raining ( get it this time?) premier finishing higher than ooh I dunno 16th?

What a surprise, a carlton fan bringing up the 1970s and something that happened 50 years ago!

Rinse and repeat
Question for you - which team won the celebrations games that Collingwood had on its 50th/100th and 150th anniversaries ?

Supplementary question - which is your second favourite team you can follow as the dirtybirds fade into their normal by historical measures of irrelevancy?

What is the probability of Carlton finishing top of the H&A ladder?
Carlton are less than 1% more probable than Collingwood of finishing on top of the home and away ladder.
and as a bonus point special - what is teh probability of the raining ( get it this time?) premier finishing higher than ooh I dunno 16th?
No, I still don't get it, nor do I want to if it means by doing so I fall into the depths of intellectual capacity of a Carlton supporter.

Supplementary question - which is your second favourite team you can follow as the dirtybirds fade into their normal by historical measures of irrelevancy?
Collingwood's 'normal historical measures of irrelevancy'....

Winning the most premierships in the history of the competition;
Winning the most games in the history of the competition;
Playing in over one third of all Grand Finals in the history of the game;
Winning the most finals in the history of the competition;
Longest period between Grand Final appearances is 11 seasons;

Tell me more about these 'historical measures of irrelevancy'.

Question for you - which team won the celebrations games that Collingwood had on its 50th/100th and 150th anniversaries ?
The Pies aint had a 150 year anniversary, and who cares about a random game from the 1940s?

By normal by historical measures, do you mean how the dirty birds play in a GF every 3 years.

Happy to wait 3 years for the dirty birds to be back in a GF.

Why are Bagger fans so fascinated by ancient history?

Try and keep it thread relevant please Baggers.

Collingwood's 'normal historical measures of irrelevancy'....

Winning the most premierships in the history of the competition;
Winning the most games in the history of the competition;
Playing in over one third of all Grand Finals in the history of the game;
Winning the most finals in the history of the competition;
Longest period between Grand Final appearances is 11 seasons;

Tell me more about these 'historical measures of irrelevancy'.
In how many of those seasons did you actually contend?

The Pies aint had a 150 year anniversary, and who cares about a random game from the 1940s?

By normal by historical measures, do you mean how the dirty birds play in a GF every 3 years.

Happy to wait 3 years for the dirty birds to be back in a GF.

Why are Bagger fans so fascinated by ancient history?

Try and keep it thread relevant please Baggers.
ahem - you forgot to have a go at answering teh first part of the quiz- want a hint?

What a surprise, a carlton fan bringing up the 1970s and something that happened 50 years ago!

Rinse and repeat

Pick any year like after 1910- and tell me when Collingwood won a GF against Carlton - if that makes you feel better.

PS the only reason you managed to win 3 in the last 60 something years- is because you were lucky your mob didn't have to play Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit hard to answer a question about something that hasnt happened old bucko.

Lets keep it thread relevant.

Who got 10 coaches votes in R8, 2024 when Collingwood beat Carlton?
I'm sorry about Carlton raining on your Club's celebrations every chance it is given - for over a century now....

actually no I'm not.:cool:

Pick any year like after 1910- and tell me when Collingwood won a GF against Carlton - if that makes you feel better.
The old Carlton trick, of celebrating not even making a GF in the 21st century as it means they aint lost any!!

Brilliance.

2024 relevance, Carlton have an active 25 year streak with no GF appearances.

Good luck stretching your run to 50 years, so you can still drop the same boring irrelevant lines about since 1910. 👍👍

Bit hard to answer a question about something that hasnt happened old bucko.

Lets keep it thread relevant.

Who got 10 coaches votes in R8, 2024 when Collingwood beat Carlton?
But is has happened, five times.

They include:

• 44 points up at half time
  • 27 points up just before half time in a mud heap
  • 21 points up just before 3/4 time in the wet

Lost them all.

We better win tomorrow.... I strongly believe our best is way better than Collingwood's best. But our worst is far worse than Collingwood's. We haven't been playing good lately, we had too many injuries early on, relying on our best players, they're spent. Me thinks if we lose this, start preparing for next year.

But is has happened, five times.

They include:

• 44 points up at half time
  • 27 points up just before half time in a mud heap
  • 21 points up just before 3/4 time in the wet

Lost them all.
Another Bagger talking about ancient VFL history?

Cant help themselves.

Rinse and repeat

Try keep it thread relevant Baggers.

I guess you dont need a hint as you remember the feeling of walking away after losing to the dirty birds again.

I reckon GOATcos might pull out a contested mark tomorrow against the Baggers too, just for shits and giggles in Q4.

well all jokes about kidGOAT aside- I've been a huge fan of Pendelbury for ever, - 400 games at the level he plays is something very very special and how important has he been to your mob for so long- my three favourite players at Collingwood Pendelbury /Sidebottom and that 'kent' Elliott :p cant wait till they retire and I wish they would hurry up FFS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back