Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Another solid burn from the Carlton brainstrust...
Happens now again, we pulled back a big lead and it was us who had a chance to win it after the siren, it was a moral victory for Carlton.

3 rounds yet to play and Collingwood clearly have the better form.

Since June Carlton have only beaten North.
Over North by 1 point (win )
Over Blues by 3 point ( win)
Over Tigers by 26 ( win)
By Hawks 66 ( flogging)
By Cats 20 ( comfortable win)
By Essendon 12 ( comfortable)
By suns 11 ( easy)
Yeah , pies going real well lately. Lol
loving the bandaids with this side

Oh.

So you're wanting to change the question from 'who will be better' in 2024 to 'who will finish higher' in 2025?

Is that a concession that the team that finishes a position or two 'higher' may not actually be the 'better' team?
It is more objective though.

How so? Do you think we had exactly the same fixtures?
We didn't get the luxury of playing the bottom teams twice like Carlton did.
Nothing more objective than the head to head results.
Sometime teams just look more shit based on who they play and lose to. As there is no way to correct for the variances objective measures should be used; in such an objective thread it would still be reasonable to state that Carlton were only higher on the ladder due to playing dumpster fire sides 2 more times as this would also be an objectively true statement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sometime teams just look more shit based on who they play and lose to. As there is no way to correct for the variances objective measures should be used; in such an objective thread it would still be reasonable to state that Carlton were only higher on the ladder due to playing dumpster fire sides 2 more times as this would also be an objectively true statement
And to be fair North and West Coast are now competitive. It's only Richmond that are a dumpster fire.

"Legendary players" lol

Blues have only drafted ONE PLAYER since 1994 who went on to win a premiership... Josh Kennedy 😆
You missed Shaun Grigg.

My bad, I’m not as good at AFL history compared to Pies supporters because the majority of my clubs flags weren’t against milkmen.
This is a thread for supporters of big boy AFL clubs on 16 flags. You don't have the necessary credentials to be posting in here sorry.
Out you go. Best of luck with the rebuild.

Thread title should be, Is this a merry-go-round

The thread title isn't clear, 'better' is subjective. However, the criteria in the original post defines better as finishing higher. While the terminology doesn't exactly match official regulations, I don't think there's any reasonable argument that OP meant something different to what is common knowledge that the AFL ladder determines team rankings (and the way rankings are adjusted after the finals series).

As a number of neutrals have posted in here; you can't argue you are better than a team that's beaten you twice in the year.

You can if 'better' is defined by finishing higher, unless you seriously think you could argue that could have meant something other than the way the AFL determines team rankings at the end of the season...?

*I don't know where the first 2024 version post is, but unless the original criteria was changed, here it is:

2023.JPG

And rather than argue back and forth using made up definitions, there's this handy resource that can settle the debate:

AFL Regulations

regs.JPG

I'm all for the banter, but some serious time has been spent seemingly in a genuine attempt to argue 'better' as being measured by the head to head results... comes across as quite stupid or embarrassingly incapable of accepting (probable but not yet final) defeat.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back