Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

There's still a chance. Saints just need to win by 160 now.

Kids In The Hall Pig GIF by CBC

You've resigned yourself to doing chores around the house this week , throwing some old clothes out, cleaning those windows , and probably sitting in front of the TV watching foxtel wondering what might have been. Love the early resignation from the black and white army - 50k spare seats last night. Lol what happened to all those 110k members last night ?
I appreciate the suggestion for how to fill in my time in Sept - I certainly bow to your expertise in that regard.

There really is no pressure on us at all. If we fail to beat the Saints then it just wasn't meant to be this year.

The team is crippled with injury problems everyone is writing us off, so this is a free hit as such.

We have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
It's not even close to a free hit. Carlton are favourites.

Loser mentality like this needs to stop.

"Inept, devoid of talent and mentally fragile, the Blues quickly became the laughingstock of Australian sport in the 21st Century"
Keep them coming mate, the hurt and salt will go away after your September holiday.

It's not even close to a free hit. Carlton are favourites.

Loser mentality like this needs to stop.
Carlton are favourites? My god have you not seen our form since the end of June?

Hopefully we can limp over the line against the Saints. Get some players back from injury for the finals and who knows what might happen.

Keep them coming mate, the hurt and salt will go away after your September holiday.
I hope our Magpie friends are enjoying themselves in Mexico right now.:laughv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll get it done even with 10 players out injured.
Saad is a big in.

Some Carlton youngster's looked decent last week.

Less predictability going forward as well.

Look at that midfield: Cripps, Walsh, Hewett, Acres, Hollands with some rotation by Kennedy. If they dominate Carlton will win. In fact if Walsh plays a game like his round 6-16 run, Carlton will win. Big game for Sam today in what is basically an elimination final.

Carlton are favourites? My god have you not seen our form since the end of June?

Hopefully we can limp over the line against the Saints. Get some players back from injury for the finals and who knows what might happen.
My god a team with everything on the line, fresh off a big backs-to-the-wall win, can easily take it up to the team sitting in 13th.

Don't be fooled by Geelong waving the white flag in the 2nd half last week while St Kilda played their best footy in 5 years. That is not a normal situation. Carlton's strong midfield will stop them getting on a run like that.

I expect a fairly competitive game. It will not be a miracle if either team win. In such a situation the side that is playing their elimination final a week early, I think has a very good chance to lift. St Kilda played their grand final last week and could easily fade if Carlton are ferocious.

How was the commentary at 1/4 time. They were actually running with the % gap closing and dirty birds being a chance to play finals . Pipe down fella's...
My favourite part was when they just went dead silent when Melbourne scored a goal. Happened multiple times

Last edited:
Saad is a big in.

Look at that midfield: Cripps, Walsh, Hewett, Acres, Hollands with some rotation by Kennedy. If they dominate Carlton will win. In fact if Walsh plays a game like his round 6-16 run, Carlton will win. Big game for Sam today in what is basically an elimination final.
We just have to hunt the ball harder than the Saints, Moir has x factor something we need and Lord doesn't mind a tackle which will be handy with the way the saints pay but i do agree that Walsh will have a big say in the game one way or the other.

I'm watching Fadge and Corn Cobbers now mate

giphy.gif
We need one more Pies supporter to don the sombrero mate. We'll then have three Pies supporters in Sombreros and playing guitars, a symbolic representation of Collingwood's flag tally since 1958.:laughv1:

Yes Mr. Carlton supporter....

Please school me on how to qualify for finals.

Just don't try to educate me on how to contend for a premiership.
Contend being the operative buzzword here. A nice little positive spin there on the fact that Collingwood are infamous grand final chokers. :laughv1:

Saad is a big in.

We enjoy playing in elimination finals so much that we played in 10 of them last year.

We enjoy playing in elimination finals so much that we played in 10 of them last year.
That is commendable.

The big step up is when you play just two elimination finals in a season. The preliminary final and the grand final. Three if you want to do it the hard way (QF loss then a SF-PF-GF), four if you believe in miracles (Bulldogs '16).

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back