Banter Who will be better in 2025, Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Where did Sydney build the core of their current list?

Heeney
Gulden
McCartin
Mills
Warner
McDonald
Amartey
Blakey
McInerny
Papley
Rowbottom

Were they looking to the future when they drafted all these blokes?

Thanks for proving our point. Another list not good enough to win a flag.

But how often to Carlton have the opportunity to pick up these 'dual All-Australians that move clubs each year'?

Carlton are hitting the draft because they have no alternate option.
Where did you read that?

I must have missed the 'facts' you've been posting...

Because here are the 'facts' as I understand them:
1. Houston met with Voss during the season and there was mutual interest re:Houston playing at Carlton;
2. Carlton were in the box seat to pick up Houston after he confirmed he was no longer interested in playing for Melbourne;
3. Collingwood swooped in and picked him up for around the same trade capital as Carlton had available.
4. There is no superstar at pick 3 (or 4) who will be a game changer in the short term.
5. Carlton's best players are in their prime right now, yet they're still a fair way off the better teams in the competition. If they want to contend for premierships, they need to improve their list immediately. Not plateau or go backwards as it appears they have done going into 2025.

So, how did Houston land at Collingwood again?
Carlton rejected him.

Thanks for proving our point. Another list not good enough to win a flag.
Where did the Pies list finish in 2024? I'll give you a hint

giphy.gif

Oh gee, you got me there. How could I possibly cope with a sledge that brutal.
Just do what you blokes normally do and mention spoons and the last two decades because that's all you have.

Carlton rejected him.

Nope Carlton couldn’t get the job done.

Houston, who was one of the most highly sought-after players this trade period, opened up about his desire to reunite with Voss, who he had previously played under at Port Adelaide when Voss was an assistant coach. We had some open conversations, I have a good relationship with him [Voss], and I wanted to play for him, and he wanted to have me in the team,” Houston told 3AW.
‘It didn't look throughout the whole time like the Blues could get the job done and it sort of chopped and changed a bit. In the end, it was the Pies’

Nope Carlton couldn’t get the job done.

Houston, who was one of the most highly sought-after players this trade period, opened up about his desire to reunite with Voss, who he had previously played under at Port Adelaide when Voss was an assistant coach. We had some open conversations, I have a good relationship with him [Voss], and I wanted to play for him, and he wanted to have me in the team,” Houston told 3AW.
‘It didn't look throughout the whole time like the Blues could get the job done and it sort of chopped and changed a bit. In the end, it was the Pies’
Pies getting Carlton rejects.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly - Carlton were not willing to give up 12 in a deal for Houston so were not able to satisfy Port Adelaide. This was widely reported in the media throughout trade period

They failed badly. Player wanted to come, coach wanted him and the insipid admin could not deliver. No faith in Voss. Disgraceful

They failed badly. Player wanted to come, coach wanted him and the insipid admin could not deliver. No faith in Voss. Disgraceful
Dual AA in his prime wants to come to a club but they choose to take 1 draftee instead and give up their F1 next year to do so. It was an admission from the list manager that the team is not a contender for the short term. But any way you cut it it was dumb. Sold the farm on a punt at a high draft pick.

5 spoons in 17 years no less.
A remarkable achievement worthy of ongoing discussion.
If you're just going to repeat the same post all the time there won't be any discussion, anyway i don't speak Mexican.

Dual AA in his prime wants to come to a club but they choose to take 1 draftee instead and give up their F1 next year to do so. It was an admission from the list manager that the team is not a contender for the short term. But any way you cut it it was dumb. Sold the farm on a punt at a high draft pick.
An elite midfielder compared to a nearly 30 year old HBF is a no brainer but geez I'm pissed off on missing Membrey lol.

You do realise the attempted Mexico sledge is really embarrassing. It is the most insipid sledge I have ever heard. I suppose you have nothing else to work with.
Yet you felt the need to comment on it, job done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Who will be better in 2025, Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back