Prediction Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Hawthorn

Who will be better in 2025

• Hawthorn

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Carlton

Votes: 14 45.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I still give the nod to Carlton here. Hawthorn have been blessed with a lot of pretty recent enough success.

They could go and win another three peat and we'd still hate the Bombers and Pies more!:laughv1:

The Hawks surpassed a lot of peoples expectations this year, but there will be a bit more pressure on them next year i think.

There's no doubt they have a good promising young team coming together though.

The only real thread should be who will be better Carlton or Geelong

They should be clear favourites for the top 2. Carlton with everyone healthy and Geelong + B.Smith

Can we all first agree on what “better” means? I will state what I think is obvious- furthest progression in finals, if both knocked out in same round, higher end of H&A season ladder position is next criteria (though am open to view of head to head record in 2025 as being next).

I went with Carlton but was a flip of a coin really.

The Hawks fascinate me next year.

I see them either continuing to grow and mature and being a top four/premiership contender.

Or

Having a big slide as they become the hunted, get ahead of themselves alittle (young team thinking it will just happen sort of thing)

I don't see them in the 5-8 range though for some reason. It is 1-4 or 10-14 for me.

I'm gonna say Hawthorn, because I reckon Carlton almost going scoreless in a half of a final is gonna hurt them more than we think.
But you think it’s going to hurt them right?

More than you think it’s going to hurt them.

More than you think, you think, it’s going to hurt them.

Perfect Loop Infinity GIF

Blues have the worst 'bottom 6' best 23 of any of the contending sides.

That gets worse now with Kennedy and Owies gone.

They desperately need the big 6 at the top to stay fit, or else I see a repeat of 2024 as a best csde scenario.

But if a few new players come along for the ride and boost that bottom end then I'd say top 4 should be in their vision.

Hawthorn should be aiming, at a minimum, to equal this seasons finish of a semi final appearance.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Hawthorn

Back