Prediction Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Hawthorn

Who will be better in 2025

• Hawthorn

Votes: 45 63.4%
  • Carlton

Votes: 26 36.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I have spent a lot more time over the years analysing Carlton.

Hawthorn have snuck up on me...
Matt Damon GIF

Only if that top 6 is surrounded by the right role players imo.

Carlton hasn't had the role players we need to compliment our top end either through injury availability or just a lack of options within the list the last few years.

Get the role players fit and working together and the stars can shine, as we saw when we had a good bill of health and form late in 2023. Have had to move a few glass bodies on this off season though so will be interesting to see who takes their spots in the team and how well they compliment the players above them.

Self own of the week.

So much effort went into it too.

Commendable.

Watch Fadge lead the post count in this thread as well.
It's his prerogative. And in doing so, will self congratulate by referencing old stats that he has previously brought amongst a number of different threads that will all be different, but 1 of them will be right for the purpose of this particular thread

Last edited:
I would say that Hawks have more B graders than us, and will probably finish above us come seasons end.

Watson, MacKenzie, Dear, Macdonald and co. could well be knocking on the door of B+ by midway through next year if they repeat their 2024 improvement/debut seasons.

Meek and Scrimshaw are just a tier below our best players.

The difference is that many of our good players who aren't A graders are still very young, and look like they can wind up A-graders.

Watson and D'Ambrossio seem very likely on that front.

The other two guys I've mentioned above will give it a shake as well if they continue to improve.

Also Day is already an A grader, but people like to pretend he's not (though neither was Newcombe only a few rounds before the end of the season, according to many).

Hawthorn have a cheap as chips midfield of Day, Newcombe, Worpel and Nash.

Pick 12
MSD
Pick 46
International rookie

How we managed to get this lot with that hand …I’m pretty stoked. Add in D’Ambrossio Lord of steak knives who makes the AA squad. heck me

We have a couple of young higher picks that could develop more next year in Mackenzie and Ward. If they come on watch out

Good thread - up and comer that some say is punching above its weight verses team that is underperforming

Hope we get two games

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Hawthorn

Back