Who will be closer to playing in finals end of 2016 season? Lions, StK or Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Having gone through what we were expecting the Lions to do in 2015 and how the late-night-game-of-truth-or-dare escalated into a group cursing of the footy gods followed by throwing a sacrificial chicken out the window which landed on a Chinaman riding a bicycle who veered out of control under a ladder into a mirrored shop front breaking it after just missing the black cat that dodged in front of him on the evening of Fri 13th Feb 2015 leading to his temporary death experience from which he was revived by passing paramedics ... progressing into a perfect storm of a year - lets just say I am happy to discuss who I believe is closer to a premiership *now* out of the three teams but feel that any prognostications as to who will be closer at the end of 2016 lacks so much in terms of relevant actual data as to be elevated to the realms of preferential guessing rather than any worthwhile predictive process.

That being said this is BigFooty so rock on! :)

Here's the link for a third time:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/lions-coach-justin-leppitsch-in-physical-clash-with-rookie-zac-obrien-20150505-ggu7ba.html

And here's a quote:
"Leppitsch took the player into the meeting room, where he is understood to have grabbed him by the throat"

Let it go mate. Neither of us know what happened.

Both Leppitsch and O'Brien have said what happened. There was no grabbing "by the throat."

Leppitsch grabbed a shirt during a 'chat', both coach and player apologised to each other afterwards, both said they had over-reacted, Leppitsch apologised to the player group. That's what the article says does it not? Are you suggesting none of that is believable?

Twitter, Facebook... no football for me. I don't consider a discussion forum social media.

If you say so.

And likewise, it's best not believe everything that comes from your club:
http://www.lions.com.au/news/2015-09-10/aish-could-stay

How did that work out for you?

Note the use of the word "could". Not Aish "will" stay.

A selection of quotes from that 10th September article

"a slight ray of hope.."
“Aishy hasn’t told us he is leaving,’’
"No Lions player requested a trade during the season reviews." (Redden did so beforehand)

Nothing inaccurate in that article.

You mean like your "acquaintence"?

Yeah. Current Lions director based in Victoria that used to play for Fitzroy. Enough clues for you?

You're wasting my time.

If that's the case, and your time is so precious, you don't have to reply.

Can't you go find someone who thinks the Lions merged with Brisbane to argue with?

You mean "Fitzroy". Less and less people think that these days for reasons I have articulated many times.

Roylion

Let's just agree to disagree re: Leppa & O'Brien; the facts are, neither of us know exactly what happened.

Moving on:

The very next Brisbane Lions supporter to post in this thread said they supported Leppitsch and that he had IMPROVED THE CULTURE.

It's not just me who believes that there were off-field issues at Lions. Plenty of your own supporters can see it as well.

<3 Peace out <3

PS Fitzroy/Lions ... Apologies my friend, it doesn't really matter what I call them because for the vast football community, they're Brisbane now, regardless of whether you or I think otherwise :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will be closer to playing in finals end of 2016 season? Lions, StK or Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back