Who will be closer to playing in finals end of 2016 season? Lions, StK or Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL

How is Brisbane's forwardline equal to St.K's McCartin & Bruce as well as Melbourne's Hogan?

McCartin still unproven. Bruce looking very comfortable up forward but can't rely just on him, McCartin needs to break out next year

Melbourne, you add Petrecca (touch wood he recovers fully from the ACL) and Ben Kennedy and likely Parish/Curnow into that list and i can see them pushing for ten wins next season.

St Kilda have still too many question marks for me (really hard team to accurately make a prediction on, could actually make a serious challenge for eighth spot or could regress/go backwards)

Lions will battle it out with Carlton for the spoon.

Add a speedy mid in Freeman a Key Back in Carlisle both of which we hugely needed and hopefully another pacy mid in Gresham or Tucker at the draft a small defender in Bailey Rice and more importantly another year of development into the rest of the guys and i can see us doing well.

I'm very much looking forward to 2016 a lot of Saturday games in good timeslots less Sunday twilight games, even if we're still not quite there if we show steady improvement from last year it'll be a very enjoyable year.

Much depends on the Saints older players.

St.Kilda didn't have one player under the age of 25 in the top 7 of their B&F. By comparison, 3 of our top 5 place getters were 23 or under.

We can expect improvement from Hogan, McDonald, Tyson (played injured), Viney, Salem, Brayshaw, Gawn, vandenBerg, Stretch, Kent, Frost, Harmes, and a host of others. Hopefully Melksham rediscovers his talent, Bugg improves and Petracca debuts.

Our oldest player next year is Vince at 30. The next oldest is 28.

The Saints have 4 over the age of 32 (Riewoldt/Fisher 33, Montagna/Dempster 32) plus 29 year old Gilbert.

I struggle to see why the Saints will finish higher next year with an ageing list, while nearly every player on our list should be improving.

Brisbane are hard to peg, but there seems to be issues within the playing group.

Don't reckon there'll be a backmen who will top Weitering over the next decade gillo so theres something for your boys.

Also did you read my PM? Lol

Weitering will be very good player for us. I'm hoping for the double and recruit his partner in crime in Collins. Will be a mighty defensive duo for next 10 years. If we get him at 8 or 11 I won't be dissapointed

SOS former defensive great I expect to make the move draft night. Develop the next Scarlett and Harley combination

Weitering will be very good player for us. I'm hoping for the double and recruit his partner in crime in Collins. Will be a mighty defensive duo for next 10 years. If we get him at 8 or 11 I won't be dissapointed

SOS former defensive great I expect to make the move draft night. Develop the next Scarlett and Harley combination
Harley haha. Nick Maxwell but slightly better....

Scarlett was always with Milburn and Enright they had a 3 man trust love friendship.

Not Harley.

Add a speedy mid in Freeman a Key Back in Carlisle both of which we hugely needed and hopefully another pacy mid in Gresham or Tucker at the draft a small defender in Bailey Rice and more importantly another year of development into the rest of the guys and i can see us doing well.

I'm very much looking forward to 2016 a lot of Saturday games in good timeslots less Sunday twilight games, even if we're still not quite there if we show steady improvement from last year it'll be a very enjoyable year.

I'm still confused exactly what Saints are after in this years draft

I'm thinking either Tucker, Oliver, Balic or Collins. Gresham also thinking StK might go for. I'm wondering where the bid for Rice will also come as StK might go into defecit

Harley haha. Nick Maxwell but slightly better....

Scarlett was always with Milburn and Enright they had a 3 man trust love friendship.

Not Harley.

Harley I rated. One of the best winning % as Captain. Maxwell wasn't as bad as most people said he was, very vocal and copped a lot of crap when took over the captaincy but many forget the year he took over he got All Australian.

Docherty had very good year last year and hoping can be our Enright. But very big name to live upto as Enright is a champion defender and Docherty is nowhere near his status. I can see SOS making big focus on our backline to add much needed polish

Harley I rated. One of the best winning % as Captain. Maxwell wasn't as bad as most people said he was, very vocal and copped a lot of crap when took over the captaincy but many forget the year he took over he got All Australian.

Docherty had very good year last year and hoping can be our Enright. But very big name to live upto as Enright is a champion defender and Docherty is nowhere near his status. I can see SOS making big focus on our backline to add much needed polish
Dock could be your Milburn but not your Enright. Jackson Thurlow has Docherty covered

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why Melbourne? I think their midfield lacks alot of polish, same with their defence

Lions least have Beams, Rockcliff, Lewis Taylor, Rich and their young KPP stock will be more mature
Our defence lacks polish? Its been our only consistently good line for the last ten years, even with the loss of players like Frawley and Rivers.

Our defence lacks polish? Its been our only consistently good line for the last ten years, even with the loss of players like Frawley and Rivers.

Demons will improve no doubt. Hopefully Sam Frost plays more, I rate him and good carrying the ball into attack for half back

I'm still confused exactly what Saints are after in this years draft

I'm thinking either Tucker, Oliver, Balic or Collins. Gresham also thinking StK might go for. I'm wondering where the bid for Rice will also come as StK might go into defecit

Tucker, Oliver, Gresham are the names being thrown around. But you don't know until draft night.

Melbourne, you add Petrecca (touch wood he recovers fully from the ACL) and Ben Kennedy and likely Parish/Curnow into that list and i can see them pushing for ten wins next season.

St Kilda have still too many question marks for me (really hard team to accurately make a prediction on, could actually make a serious challenge for eighth spot or could regress/go backwards)

Lions will battle it out with Carlton for the spoon.
With respect, those two aren't on the page as far as important ins. Kennedy isn't even best 22. Parish and (maybe) Curnow will get some games but won't be looked upon for influence.

Key difference next season (along with hopefully Petracca hitting the ground running) is a fully fit Salem, Tyson, Kent, Frost, vandenBerg and even Nate Jones. All were hit with injuries last season, some missing the majority or all of the year (Petracca, Salem, Kent, Frost). Having our two best mids in Tyson and Jones not able to fully compete also did not help. If the bulk of those players are at full fitness, and the others continue to develop, it's a different side to 2015. But injuries will happen.

There's also the X factor of Trengove's return. It's up in the air as to what player we'll see post surgery after the bulk of 2 years out, but if it's close to his best, something mirroring his early years, he's a more than handy player. It remains a big if but with him returning a starting midfield of Vince, Jones, Tyson, Viney, Trengove, Brayshaw, vandenBerg, Petracca and Salem rotating through is starting to look extremely competitive.

We finished above the Saints and Lions last season. I expect the team to take another decent stride forward in 2016 so they would have to better that improvement to jump ahead.

Brisbane are just shit and easily have the worst list, coach and club culture out of the three teams. If Carlton weren't Carlton I'd be backing them for the spoon.

How would you know what Brisbane's so-called "culture" is like?

Much depends on the Saints older players.

St.Kilda didn't have one player under the age of 25 in the top 7 of their B&F. By comparison, 3 of our top 5 place getters were 23 or under.

We can expect improvement from Hogan, McDonald, Tyson (played injured), Viney, Salem, Brayshaw, Gawn, vandenBerg, Stretch, Kent, Frost, Harmes, and a host of others. Hopefully Melksham rediscovers his talent, Bugg improves and Petracca debuts.

Our oldest player next year is Vince at 30. The next oldest is 28.

The Saints have 4 over the age of 32 (Riewoldt/Fisher 33, Montagna/Dempster 32) plus 29 year old Gilbert.

I struggle to see why the Saints will finish higher next year with an ageing list, while nearly every player on our list should be improving.

Brisbane are hard to peg, but there seems to be issues within the playing group.

We don't have an aging list. Our list age has dramatically decreased over the last few years and will continue to decrease for a year or so more.

Unlike the Dees we have a core of very experienced quality senior players to help mentor the kids, force competition for spots and even out the inconsistency of young players on match day.

It's pretty easy to have more kids in your top 5 B&F when you have no old players for them to contend with.

We can also expect improvement from Acres, Billings, Bruce, Dunstan, Freeman, Goddard, Lonie, Longer, McCartin, McKenzie, Membrey, Minchington, Newnes, Ross, Sinclair, Templeton, Wright and others. Plus Carlisle should shift back to defense where he's at his best and allow Fisher to be more attacking.

McCartin still unproven. Bruce looking very comfortable up forward but can't rely just on him, McCartin needs to break out next year
Liam Jones says hello.

How does McCartin need to "break out" next year Gillo?

Key forwards take time. Anyone with common sense would know that.

Also Bruce kicked 50 goals this year that's something Carltons forward line would dream of! as they trade all their goal kickers out & recruit spuds like Jones & Tutt.

Menzel for Kerridge. lel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will be closer to playing in finals end of 2016 season? Lions, StK or Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back