Who Will Win The 2021 Premiership

Who will win the Premiership

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There's not one person on BF who can confidently predict who will play off let alone win. How's everyone's tipping this week given what's played out amongst the leading teams? Melbourne held up their end of the bargain and the Cats beat Carlton (who hasn't). Swans were impressive but they are young. Port are soft. Bulldogs tracking along those same lines.

I can honestly say I have no idea.
You got the Port bit right.
For bonus points, add the words “ and no chance”

This thread is basically irrelevant now for the next 2 months.

The 4 true contenders are set, in any order.

Melbourne
Western
Geelong
Brisbane

Writing off any of these teams now is pointless. All are good enough to beat anyone on their day and do it consistently. Home or away.

The way the top 4 pans out in order will be the most important factor. Home field advantage, matchups, and the double chance will most likely determine the premier.

Sydney is the next cab off the rank. I sense they will cause an upset in a semi final against one of the aforementioned teams and find themselves in a prelim, but not good enough to go the distance this year.
I agree with you about writing off Port Adelaide, to have any chance we’d need somehow pull out a top 4 finish by one of the 4 youve mentioned falling off a cliff, AND have our best 22 (other teams have better depth) with Butters, Gray, Duursma, Fantasia all fit and match fitness, AND play 2 rucks with Ladhams in for Marshall.

not gonna happen

Swans are not yet guaranteed of making the finals. Given yesterday, yeah they look good but see what happens next week

Melbourne is the team to beat for me, followed by Dogs/Brisbane/Geelong in equal order, depending on their day and personnel available

It would be funny if Sydney won a flag in a couple of years the year after Buddy retires.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would be even funnier if Franklin reached his 1000th goal this year after being written off by plenty and the Swans pinched a flag after plenty tipped them bottom 4 again some bottom 2. Unlikely but not impossible on what I’ve seen this year. There is no dominant powerhouse like a Hawks or Tigers stalking the comp. It’s open enough for a shock result. Funny ? It would be ****ing hilarious.

Richmond and West Coast have somehow turned into the 2 worst teams in the comp after playing each other.

I said this a week ago, now it's clear that there are no teams going worse than these 2. What has happened since the bye? Neither team has been great all year but to completely lose it like this is crazy.

The 2021 flag is Melbourne’s to lose.

It's certainly Melbourne's to lose, they are the best team. But it was Ports to lose last year, the comp is very even that even the best team will always need a lot of luck to win it. They need to take this chance though, who knows if they will be the best team going into finals again after this year. This Sydney team could get very good quickly, or a team might do what we did and come out of nowhere to win flags. It's Melbournes time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would be unreal.....The two oldest clubs in the league playing off for the first time in a GF!

Nope. We are older than the dogs.
1877 they were founded played in VFA and entered the AFL in 1925 vs Port Adelaide - 1870 founded played in SANFL and entered the AFL in 1997

Last edited:
Nope. We are older than the dogs.
1877 they were founded played in VFA and entered the AFL in 1925 vs Port Adelaide - 1870 founded played in SANFL and entered the AFL in 1997
I was talking about the Cats & Demons....

Remove this Banner Ad

Who Will Win The 2021 Premiership

Back