Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Who wins the 2020 Flag - Prelim finals onward

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • Brisbane Lions

Votes: 57 16.3%
  • Richmond Tigers

Votes: 154 44.1%
  • Geelong Cats

Votes: 102 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it will be the tigers and Brisbane..

WCE have WB and Saints coming up and they could lose one of those games... Not sold on them away from home....

I want to see Tigers bring that manic pressure to see if Geelong back line can hold up. Geelong are a quality team and their comeback against Dogs should not be taken lightly.However, come game time against major contenders they have failed one against Eagles( Probably top 2-3 for game of the season) and will see how they go against Tigers. If Tigers drop 10% intensity, they will lose against Cats. It will be interesting cuz by then Eagles have already played Bombers, Dog

in QLD are you referring to Gabba alone?? considering GF is at the Gabba that is all i care instead of Metricon.I suggest you go and do a simple search to see how Eagles track at the Gabba. You will look silly once you find out the result.

Recent history counts the most though and the Lions have beaten the Eagles the past two times when played at the Gabba

Recent history counts the most though and the Lions have beaten the Eagles the past two times when played at the Gabba

sample size of two games?? really?? That is more related to the team in Lions then the ground itself. Once again I'd take our chances against Brisbane at the Gabba.

I want to see Tigers bring that manic pressure to see if Geelong back line can hold up. Geelong are a quality team and their comeback against Dogs should not be taken lightly.However, come game time against major contenders they have failed one against Eagles( Probably top 2-3 for game of the season) and will see how they go against Tigers. If Tigers drop 10% intensity, they will lose against Cats. It will be interesting cuz by then Eagles have already played Bombers, Dog

in QLD are you referring to Gabba alone?? considering GF is at the Gabba that is all i care instead of Metricon.I suggest you go and do a simple search to see how Eagles track at the Gabba. You will look silly once you find out the result.
15-10 record? Hardly terrible.

shaping a as a good run to the GF

the current top five are all under $10 with the bookies then Coll $19

The established sides Geelong , Richmond & WC had good enough form and look to be tracking well for finals
The Lions and Port have done little wrong but are leaving a lot of footy fans luke warm

but there's a pretty good chance both will go top 4 and the vibe within their camps must be up and continuing to build
and why not , they are in a finals with a double chance and anything can happen

and unlike any other season with most teams getting a good look at the gabba and being based in QLD for stints
it lessons the home ground advantage

I'll lean towards a Richmond WC GF , swayed by the fact they have won the past two flags and know how to get it done
I'll go the Tiges to win but I'm mindful the last two games between them have been crackers and WC might be due

The Lions & Port have exciting youth in theirs lists but might be a year off

and then Geelong perfectly capable , very likely to make the prelims

can the Saints , Collingwood or Melb. spoil the party you'd think not at this stage

If WC earn a home final in second week or third week, but can't play it in Perth, they should take it to SA instead of Queensland. Unless it's against Port, obviously.

Of course, that depends on finishing top four, which may still be a long shot.
I reckon even if WC could play a home final in Perth, they’d prefer to play Port Adelaide in SA.

I reckon even if WC could play a home final in Perth, they’d prefer to play Port Adelaide in SA.
Nah, it's not at that level. WC would back themselves at home against all comers. Nor will it come to that, surely.

But imagine if WC earned a home final against Port and elected to play it at AO rather than in Qld. That's not entirely implausible. I reckon they might prefer to play in a stadium with 40k hostile fans than in abandoned showgrounds that have had gophers digging it up for 3 months.

WC can win away, with some exceptions. But they don't play well when it's a half-empty suburban ground. The Big Birds don't like it off Broadway. Never have. Like, I'd rather play Port at AO than in Tasmania. And Metricon isn't that far removed from that.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tigers have the game plan & game style to win anywhere imo. They’ve also recruited similar types of players so that if one soldier goes down, the next one steps in and does the job. They’re my tip to win it.
at this rate half our side will be suspended or mentally stuffed by late in the finals though

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Back