Who would you rate as the strongest premiership side in the AFL era?

Which premiership team would you rate as the strongest of the AFL era?

• Collingwood 1990

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Hawthorn 1991

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • West Coast 92-94

Votes: 15 2.4%
  • Essendon 1993

• Carlton 1995

Votes: 26 4.1%
  • North 96-99

Votes: 17 2.7%
  • Adelaide 97-98

• Essendon 2000

Votes: 83 13.1%
  • Brisbane 2001-2003

Votes: 206 32.4%
  • Port 2004

• Sydney 2005

• West Coast 2006

• Geelong 2007-2011

Votes: 101 15.9%
  • Hawthorn 2008

• Collingwood 2010

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Sydney 2012

• Hawthorn 2013-2015

Votes: 103 16.2%
  • Bulldogs 2016

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • Richmond 2017

Votes: 33 5.2%
  • West Coast 2018

Votes: 11 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

None of the teams listed would beat Richmond in 2017 if they brought that pressure again. Unplayable.
I raise you Hawthorn 2014.

And before finals Richmond flogged St Kilda with Membrey having barely an impact on the game, and then in finals Richmond held Geelong a side with an equal forward line to St Kilda 2009 to their lowest score of the year and the far superior forward line of Adelaide to their lowest score of the year but somehow St Kilda's forwards would be able to have an effect on the elite defense of Richmond 2017
now you are just being ******ed ...

HF : Sam Menegola(42 goals), Harry Taylor (67 goals), Steven Motlop(175 goals)
F: Brandan Parfitt(8 goals), Tom Hawkins (498 goals), James Parsons (23 goals)

is the equal of
HF: Andrew McQualter (39 goals), Justin Koschitzke (247 goals), Adam Schneider (257 goals)
F: Stephen Milne(574 goals), Nick Riewoldt(718 goals), Jason Gram (71 goals)

please even the most one eyed Geelong supporter would admit that forward line at best was a slapstick makeshift forward line i mean they had to bring Harry Taylor from the backline to help out..

now you are just being ******ed ...

HF : Sam Menegola(42 goals), Harry Taylor (67 goals), Steven Motlop(175 goals)
F: Brandan Parfitt(8 goals), Tom Hawkins (498 goals), James Parsons (23 goals)

is the equal of
HF: Andrew McQualter (39 goals), Justin Koschitzke (247 goals), Adam Schneider (257 goals)
F: Stephen Milne(574 goals), Nick Riewoldt(718 goals), Jason Gram (71 goals)

please even the most one eyed Geelong supporter would admit that forward line at best was a slapstick makeshift forward line i mean they had to bring Harry Taylor from the backline to help out..
Yet the St Kilda forward line only scored 60 more points after thd H&A season

The league was at it's weakest from 1981 to 2016 only in 2017 did it return the the level it was between 1967 to 1980

Nice.

But just to throw in a little bit of non bias.

Carlton 1995 made a very good Geelong team look like nothing. on top of champions like Sticks and Diesel and good young players they had so many good role players having great years. Like Brad Pierce and Spalding.

If you seriously think the Geelong sides of 2007-2011 were slow, you are just showing how little you know about football. You don't beat sides by 100 points in finals by chipping the ball around.

Hawthorn were VERY lucky David Wojcinski didn’t play in ‘08. He was such a game breaker. Had a wierd mix of speed and strength.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did you miss Craig Bradley and Andrew McKay out? Sexton was an elite centre half back in that period too.

Sexton was like Chris Mew a quiet achiever - and very rarily beaten

I also voted Blues 95 as the best

Be very interesting to see the Best and Fairest voting for the Blues in 1995 - someone like Pearce ( who had a sensational year ) could be in the top 5

None of the teams listed would beat Richmond in 2017 if they brought that pressure again. Unplayable.

Whatever.

I voted Lions and jumped on the bandwagon.

Such a talented balanced team with some real hard arses also in there.

That side would wipe the floor with Richmonds 2017 outfit. Too good on every line and didnt poo the bed like the Crows did.

Yet the St Kilda forward line only scored 60 more points after thd H&A season
wow ive heard about the dillusional Richmond fan but experiancing it first hand certainly is an experiance good luck in 2019 im sure the media will hype your team as early flag favorites let see how they cope with that .... or maybe they will get "gastro" again :)

wow ive heard about the dillusional Richmond fan but experiancing it first hand certainly is an experiance good luck in 2019 im sure the media will hype your team as early flag favorites let see how they cope with that .... or maybe they will get "gastro" again :)
Enjoy bottom 4 maybe one day you will see the Saints win a flag but we all know that won't happen

Enjoy bottom 4 maybe one day you will see the Saints win a flag but we all know that won't happen
meh ... you think talking bout bottom 4 hurts a Saints fan ... we are miles off it, we know that we accept that and we dont make any excuses about that.. enjoy your moment in the sun it wont last long maybe you will add another flag to that period or maybe you will get struck with "gastro" again

meh ... you think talking bout bottom 4 hurts a Saints fan ... we are miles off it, we know that we accept that and we dont make any excuses about that.. enjoy your moment in the sun it wont last long maybe you will add another flag to that period or maybe you will get struck with "gastro" again
Yet when Richmond have their time in the sun they have something to show for it unlike St Kilda

Yet when Richmond have their time in the sun they have something to show for it unlike St Kilda
yep being the bradbury of AFL premierships ....
enjoy it i know i would heck i would take any premiership ... but own it for what it is a lucky flag from a year of average competiton ...
its still a flag but its not like Geelongs 2009 or 2011 flags or is it like Hawthorn's 2008 or Collingwoods 2010 or Brisbanes 2001-2003 flags

yep being the bradbury of AFL premierships ....
enjoy it i know i would heck i would take any premiership ... but own it for what it is a lucky flag from a year of average competiton ...
its still a flag but its not like Geelongs 2009 or 2011 flags or is it like Hawthorn's 2008 or Collingwoods 2010 or Brisbanes 2001-2003 flags
A supposed "Bradbury" is still more than St Kilda can achieve

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would you rate as the strongest premiership side in the AFL era?

Back