Who'll be the next club to fall off their cliff?

Who falls off their cliff next?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely people have now realised that Geelong, Sydney and Collingwood just don't do cliff falling, as much as they want it to be true.

I got sucked into a Geelong cliff fall at the end of 2023.... never again.
You’re delusional if you think Collingwood are in the same boat as the other two teams. You have the oldest list and keep trading picks for old players. Wait til Pendles & Sidebottom retire.

You’re delusional if you think Collingwood are in the same boat as the other two teams. You have the oldest list and keep trading picks for old players. Wait til Pendles & Sidebottom retire.
Only 3 teams have played in more than 10 Preliminary Finals since the turn of the century.

Their list management models are very similar, and clearly work....

Only 3 teams have played in more than 10 Preliminary Finals since the turn of the century.

Their list management models are very similar, and clearly work....
It’s all changed now Fadge. Since the soft caps came in, you can’t use your wealth like you use to be able to. Look at WC & Richmond having to do long rebuilds.

You just haven’t gone through a proper one yet with the timing but I can’t see you getting out of it unless you fully adopt the Geelong model and pay outside the cap. Reports now Oliver now is willing to take a pay cut to move there, I wonder why he would do that?

It’s all changed now Fadge. Since the soft caps came in, you can’t use your wealth like you use to be able to. Look at WC & Richmond having to do long rebuilds.

You just haven’t gone through a proper one yet with the timing but I can’t see you getting out of it unless you fully adopt the Geelong model and pay outside the cap. Reports now Oliver now is willing to take a pay cut to move there, I wonder why he would do that?
Oh no.

Conspiracy theorist...

And please don't compare Collingwood with Richmond - a club who go multiple decades at a time barely winning a final...

Oh no.

Conspiracy theorist...

And please don't compare Collingwood with Richmond - a club who go multiple decades at a time barely winning a final...
Still have won more flags than the Pies in that duration of time though.;)

Oh no.

Conspiracy theorist...

Oh because Collingwood never spent 4 years in a row not making finals. So 2014 to 2017 doesn't count?

Magpies didn't make one final between 1995 to 2001. That was 7 years in a row of no finals.

Oh because Collingwood never spent 4 years in a row not making finals. So 2014 to 2017 doesn't count?

Magpies didn't make one final between 1995 to 2001. That was 7 years in a row of no finals.
I did say 'multiple decades at a time barely winning a final', didn't I?

And your retort is to find a 7 year period and a separate 4 year period (13 years later, during which time Collingwood had won a premiership and played in 3 other Grand Finals) where Collingwood failed to make finals?

A decade is 10 years.

'Multiple decades' would mean a minimum of 20 years.

So it seems we now have Fremantle supporters joining forces with Carlton and Richmond supporters in the 'misery needs company' collective.

Makes sense.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Who'll be the next club to fall off their cliff?

Back