• Brent Ratten

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • Mark Williams

Votes: 24 8.5%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 30 10.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at Leigh Tudor's resume it's hard not to find him a worthy candidate. I've said before it's difficult to judge assistant coaches because so much of their hard is behind the scenes but his whole coaching career seems to be surrounded with success. At Geelong in 2007 and coached theircVFL squad to a premiership, Then moved to the Saints who played in two (or three if you like) consecutive grand finals then became the midfield coach of the Swans who won a flag two years later. Pretty impressive. That hard tackling brand of footy the Swans play would mesh well with our current list; brings some valuable insight as well as an impressive development history. I think he's my new favourite for the role.

I think his preferred move is back to Melbourne for family reasons.

RE Tudor and Simpson type candidates I would say it's unlikely IMO that an untried assistant will get given the gig. From what the club has said post-Voss (from the first words spoken at the press conference the day after), they're going after an experienced and successful senior coach and an 'A grade' assistant (to then take over in X years). If the club does hire and appoint an untried senior coach such as a Tudor or Simpson type then you just know there's been some major stuff ups in the proposed plan - it will look very ordinary IMO.

I wonder if Williams would want to pack up shop in Melb and move to Bris where he may be offered a deal which expires at the end of 2015 under a succession plan? I'm sure he's happy at Richmond given the alternative.

Sad to say but if I think about it that way then Craig may actually be one of, if not the main candidate? Might take on the gig then retire at its expiry?

How exactly does the succession model work ?

Does Neil Craig tutor Adam Simpson when the whole time Adam Simpson is thinking there is no way I'm going to coach anything like Neil Craig ?

No I'm dead set, pretty sure his wife wants to go back to Melbourne for family reasons, there is a chance he could off side Roos.

Well if that is the case why would he even go to an interview - seems a waste of time then.

I'm warming to the idea of a Harvey/Tudor coaching set-up. Can't really see any faults with it.

This is my preferred set up as it stands as well. I still don't overly know Tudor well enough to know if he is the right fit, but he has worked under some very good coaches and had a lot of finals experience, and i think that is important in a new coach for our team. We should be looking at finals from here on, we need someone with finals experience, and Tudor has it in spades, with different clubs, and different coaches. I think he would bring a lot of fresh ideas to our club. Harvey would be the ideal helper for him, he gets the role he wants in the background, and he can help Tudor out with knowing the list, the current aims and game plan to bring him up to speed. GO'D and Fletcher are 2 other long term coaches for us who likewise would be very helpful for him i think. Tudor also isn't, or at least does look, overly young, he seems to have been around awhile and i think would have the experience needed to step up, if he indeed does want to step up.

I know things are a bit average at the moment, but if you are looking for your first senior coaching job, you could do much worse than us. It's the low placed teams a new coach will usually pick up, and we are already on the up. You know you are getting a list with fight, and you also know you are getting some shiny new facilities in 2 years.

No I'm dead set, pretty sure his wife wants to go back to Melbourne for family reasons, there is a chance he could off side Roos.

Maybe that is her plans, but he is like 'Yes!! finally freedom!!! i'm heading the opposite direction!!!! wOOHOO!!"

I think his preferred move is back to Melbourne for family reasons.

Had heard this rumour, but it's completely unfounded. If he doesn't get the gig with us, he'll be staying at the Swans.

His connection to the swans and Roos going to Melbourne does seem like a few connect the dots. Roos will clear that place out. Craig will be in trouble with Roos coming in, wouldn't surprise me if we look to bring him in as a senior coach or just an assistant, he will probably be available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So sad hearing what type and quality of personal Roos will bring with to Melbourne and we're left with outcasts no-one wants, not to mention they will likely get Geoff Walsh too.

God I wish an Andrew Ireland or someone of that ilk would come aboard and fix this basket case of a club as say Brian Cook did when he left West Coast for Geelong.

Catch-22 gotta be successful to have the dollars to lure top calibre people up here, but we need top calibre people to be successful. Ill settle for someone to think outside the box and not run us like a company with customers, and instead a club with members.

Copped it again on footy classified caro went for us said if roos was going to coach melbourne then we managed to stuff up and lost him. Has no interest in reporting on our coaching position, lets hope her tigers bow out quickly

So sad hearing what type and quality of personal Roos will bring with to Melbourne and we're left with outcasts no-one wants, not to mention they will likely get Geoff Walsh too.

God I wish an Andrew Ireland or someone of that ilk would come aboard and fix this basket case of a club as say Brian Cook did when he left West Coast for Geelong.

Yeah, we're just stuck with the lowly player of the century ;)

Copped it again on footy classified caro went for us said if roos was going to coach melbourne then we managed to stuff up and lost him. Has no interest in reporting on our coaching position, lets hope her tigers bow out quickly
That knob still has a job?

Crikey. :eek:

Pretty sure that was Hutchy who said that, Caro seemed somewhat embarrassed that she had no inside word on who were are even looking at when asked. Granted there's been a lot of other things going on but the Melbourne media is always pretty apathetic about us. At least they were all unanimous that whoever the new coach is will have a lot to work with which has been echoed on a lot of other panels.

Caro is a great AFL journalist, she was a month ahead of the game on the Dons stuff and can't recall her getting anything wrong during the whole saga.

Watching Roos talk about Melbourne on the couch caused the same emotional feelings as when I got cheated on by my girl friend in year 10 - I'm jelous.

Worsfold won't be coaching the Eagles next year, wonder if he will be coaching the lions?

Caro is a great AFL journalist, she was a month ahead of the game on the Dons stuff and can't recall her getting anything wrong during the whole saga.

Watching Roos talk about Melbourne on the couch caused the same emotional feelings as when I got cheated on by my girl friend in year 10 - I'm jelous.

Worsfold won't be coaching the Eagles next year, wonder if he will be coaching the lions?

I hope Woosha coaches us. He's by far the most credentialed candidate available

Roos will decide by Tuesday.

PAUL Roos says he will make a decision on whether he wants to coach Melbourne by next Tuesday, unless the club demands an answer sooner.

He revealed he had discussed the position with family over the weekend, and begun contract discussions last Thursday, but was yet to get into the details such as the length of any potential deal.

Roos met with some Demons players last week, and described them as a "really good young group".

Watching him on On The Couch tonight he is clearly going to take the Dees job. He just has to create the illusion of giving it a lot of consideration to justify all his denials over the year.

Watching him on On The Couch tonight he is clearly going to take the Dees job. He just has to create the illusion of giving it a lot of consideration to justify all his denials over the year.

Getting thoroughly sick of the Will He or Wont He Sideshow.

Far too precious for my liking and am now glad we "missed out"

MY vindictive side is now eagerly pining for the Messiah to fail and for Melbourne to continue to crash and burn:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's our Coach for 2014?

Back