• Brent Ratten

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • Mark Williams

Votes: 24 8.5%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 30 10.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Can state emphatically that Neil Craig will not be senior coach of Brisbane next year

Unimpeachable source

Simpson, Craig, Leppa all have been/will be interviewed

Richardson, Tudor yet to be interviewed

Wouldn't mind betting this is the (or close enough to) the 5 person shortlist mentioned elsewhere
So Craig is on the shortlist but no chance to coach us. Huh? Could you clarify that?

The smartest decision the club would make is to get Alan Richardson, although I reckon Adam Simpson will most likely get the gig!

Richardson hasn't really been mentioned a lot, what exactly do you like about him? Cheers

Was shortlisted

Was interviewed

Will not be senior coach at Brisbane in 2014

Why?

a) Because he did not interview well, did not make an impression?

b) Decided himself he does not want a senior coach position at Brisbane?

c) Has another offer at another club?

d) All of the above?

e) Other ..... please provide info?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just can't believe the hysteria re Neil Craig becoming our head coach. Sure he wasn't my first choice as coach. Would have been great to get Roos, but that wasn't to be.

I'd certainly have Craig or Williams over inexperienced coaches like Simpson. IMO we really need an experienced head now to take & develop our young list to the next level. I don't want a "work experience coach" in Simpson.

A recorded interview with Richardson on Marngrook asked him if he has any senior coaching aspirations,
though there was a long pause, he said "no, I really love being an assistant down here and working with Hinks".
Wouldn't you think he would at least say "maybe one day" if the tought was there?
Then again, you can't believe anything anyone says in this process. Never heard an honest response from anyone ever in the process of changing clubs as a player or coach.

Richardson is a super experienced assistant coach has worked at the Dogs, Bombers, Blues and now Port Adelaide. He seems to always be the senior assistant and is highly regarded in the industry.

In the end I like him because he seems measured, articulate and has a lot of experience. I feel if we can't land a big fish we need to go down the Hinkley/McCartney persona/football experience- I think Richardson is the best suit.

A recorded interview with Richardson on Marngrook asked him if he has any senior coaching aspirations,
though there was a long pause, he said "no, I really love being an assistant down here and working with Hinks".
Wouldn't you think he would at least say "maybe one day" if the tought was there?
Then again, you can't believe anything anyone says in this process. Never heard an honest response from anyone ever in the process of changing clubs as a player or coach.

Like Hinkley, Richardson has been linked to many coaching jobs and has missed them in the past. I am sure his response is due to these past experiences. He is better keeping his aspirations to himself and our football clubs. The only other alternative is that he is telling the truth!

I'd have Williams.....but not Craig
Previously you said you'd never have Harvey, yet for the past three weeks you have been advocating Harvey replace Voss.

What makes Williams better candidate than Craig?

If I can remember correctly you may have previously said you wouldn't have Williams under any circumstances.

Your position is very confusing.

If the club does want to follow the Roos succession model as stated in today's paper, and Craig is the favorite, then they clearly have not done their due diligence in sounding out Williams. Im not buying it until he is appointed, and for god sake don't worry what Melbourne are doing! be bold and appoint the best person for the job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's our Coach for 2014?

Back