Prediction Who's poised to be the disappointment/let down team of 2024?

Which team(s) will be the disappointment of 2024?

• Adelaide

Votes: 38 10.7%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 18 5.1%
  • Carlton

Votes: 84 23.7%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 32 9.0%
  • Essendon

Votes: 46 13.0%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 13 3.7%
  • Geelong

Votes: 11 3.1%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 13 3.7%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 25 7.0%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 56 15.8%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 11 3.1%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 39 11.0%
  • Richmond

Votes: 20 5.6%
  • Sydney

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • GWS

Votes: 8 2.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 21 5.9%
  • West Coast

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 19 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Good. I couldn't carless if that Carlton poster pot shot my club.

That Carlton poster deserved to be banned and punished for sinking the boots on North.

North ball this and beg ball that lol
I’m just amazed you got through a post without mentioning that you are from Adelaide. “lol”.

Most years there's an unexpected bolter and big improver, however the usual occurrence in any year opposite to that is the team that has a lot of hype/expectation/predicted success that bombs. It could be missing the finals entirely, going from finals to bottom 4, a premiership team failing to back up and make finals, a team predicted for a top 4/GF that performs well below expectations, etc.

Teams without much hype/middling teams or lower on the ladder expected teams probably aren't likely to disappoint as much, as the expectations are lower. So if you vote for one of them, it'd be interesting to see the reasoning.

Who do you think will be the potential disappointment(s) or let down team of 2024?
I wonder how many expected Geelong to be the big improver. Hawthorn about the same amount of ladder climbing.

A couple that spring to mind however if I was to choose one based on my own personal expectations of 2024 it would be Collingwood. Had them top 4 minimum.

Never rates Adelaide as high as others and North although they are worse than expected, I had bottom 4 still
Surely Melbourne going from too 4 to bottom 5 is up there.

10 wins at 112% to 15 wins at 112%
7 wins at 80% to 14 wins at 118%

Yea nah Hawthorn improved more.
I said about the same and specifically talked about ladder movement.

However 12th to 3rd is going from irrelevant to securing a double chance.

Bottom 4 to 6th or 7th is just going from terrible to the Bulldogs EF snack.

I said about the same and specifically talked about ladder movement.

However 12th to 3rd is going from irrelevant to securing a double chance.

Bottom 4 to 6th or 7th is just going from terrible to the Bulldogs EF snack.
They are giving me strong Pie 2022vibes, if the Hawks pinch a finals win it will start a fire in their bellies that will take them to the GF next year.

Cats have been coached so well to even make it, if the win it all it'll cement Scott as eaily the best coach of this century. I think he's already top, but it's close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are giving me strong Pie 2022vibes, if the Hawks pinch a finals win it will start a fire in their bellies that will take them to the GF next year.

Cats have been coached so well to even make it, if the win it all it'll cement Scott as eaily the best coach of this century. I think he's already top, but it's close.
True, I just wanted to wind that poster up for getting unnecessarily pissy. My original Cats comment was tongue in cheek but technically true. Big improvers on 2023. People are wondering what the hell they are doing in 3rd with the quality of the 7 or so teams below them.

Finals are often where H&A coaching mastery can no longer bridge the quality gap. If our midfield is blown away it doesn't matter what Scott does.

Pretty good call this. There's a bit of Baby Bombers about them too. I think your Pies squad had a bit more experience. Hawks have a few injuries to cope with right now as well which won't help them.

True, I just wanted to wind that poster up for getting unnecessarily pissy. My original Cats comment was tongue in cheek but technically true. Big improvers on 2023. People are wondering what the hell they are doing in 3rd with the quality of the 7 or so teams below them.

Finals are often where H&A coaching mastery can no longer bridge the quality gap. If our midfield is blown away it doesn't matter what Scott does.
It's how we cope with the inevitable Stewart tag. We are zip-6 when Tomcat is tagged this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Who's poised to be the disappointment/let down team of 2024?

Back