Why all the 'Saint Hate'?

Remove this Banner Ad

Easy to see why people would prefer to see the Dogs get-up.

They have received far less in terms of Draft picks, are the most working collar team around and don't have big public spats between President and coach....

Nothing against St Kilda, but the Dogs deserve their rewards so much that i would almost be barracking for them against Geelong....almost :)

They have received far less in terms of Draft picks, are the most working collar team around and don't have big public spats between President and coach....

Nothing against St Kilda, but the Dogs deserve their rewards so much that i would almost be barracking for them against Geelong....almost :)

Yet a team that goes 20-2 in the H&A season is less deserving.
I guess we all see things from a different perspective.

Say what?

The draft pick comment is pretty stupid but the later is pure ignorance if you'd been paying attention.

What makes a small 'spat' a big one is the amount of media coverage.

I'll let you connect the dots.

Supposedly they play 'boring' football, despite it being based around tough and contested in and under possession.

Opposition fans expect the team to entertain them, just like Sydney.

These idiots should realise that teams play for themselves and their fans - no one else.

I'm not sure how a team with one of the games best forwards and some of the best rebounding defenders could be considered 'boring'.

'Disciplined' would be a better and more accurate description.
Your game style is boring. Flood flood and then flood some more. Then you get all the 15m kick to kick in your D50. How can you not see it? Bulldogs with a bit of luck with the umpires last night would have had your measure.

I've never ever seen a team rely heavily on one player like St.Kilda does. God forbid he got injured. They'd be a fringe top 8 side at best.

The Saints hate is palpable on so many levels:

1. The systematic tanking in the early 2000's to delivered No.1 and early priority draft picks in Reiwoldt, Kosi, Ball and Goddard.

2. Stephen Milne

3. The reign of terror of Butterss and Thomas with the corporate speak and the whole Brighton sette of the club. (Im sure there new digs at Frankston South will beat that out of them).

4. The Ross Lyon 'Sydney Swans superflood' boring game style that results in 9 goals to 7 as per last night. The Grand Final being a 2005 snoozefest is something that we will now experience at next week's Grand Final.

I am thankful that I support a team that plays exciting fast football and would have to be a Saints fan that have to sit through there tripe everyweek.

1. The systematic tanking in the early 2000's to delivered No.1 and early priority draft picks in Reiwoldt, Kosi, Ball and Goddard.

2. Stephen Milne

3. The reign of terror of Butterss and Thomas with the corporate speak and the whole Brighton sette of the club. (Im sure there new digs at Frankston South will beat that out of them).

4. The Ross Lyon 'Sydney Swans superflood' boring game style that results in 9 goals to 7 as per last night. The Grand Final being a 2005 snoozefest is something that we will now experience at next week's Grand Final.

I am thankful that I support a team that plays exciting fast football and would have to be a Saints fan that have to sit through there tripe everyweek.

Gee you are easily upset...oh and I have thoroughly enjoyed this years tripe :):thumbsu:

Whatever team you support,the supporters of 15 other teams wont like them.

While this becomes more obvious when you're successful, it is not an indication of your team being singled out.

While people/events can be pointed to, similar 'reasons' can be found for any other club.

That you notice it more when it's directed at your club doesn't mean it doesn't happen to other clubs.

Re: To all you muppets bleating about the saints win

So damn arrogant... the Dogs had to play out of their skins while your boys were just cruising, eh? So they had it under control the whole time and they just wanted it to be exciting at the end for the fans or something?

The Saints looked ordinary at times last night because the Dogs were putting huge pressure on them. They were playing well, they were just being found out more often than they are used to despite that.

Geez, and there are threads asking why people are anti-Saints...

The saints last night had a training drill, no more. The doggies played brilliantly but there best is still vastly short of the best team of the modern era.

Next will be another training drill. Geelong and Collingwood are just making up the numbers! Maybe if you merged both teams we might actually have a contest.... Shame you guys can't!

SUCK IT UP SUNSHINE! :)

.... and Milne is hated cos he is so good, he's a STAR!

I totally despise StKilda. I despise their supporters who are ignorant, arrogant morons.

I despise the fact that the men in yellow, red or green ( I refuse to call them umpires after last night} seem intent on gifting StKilda a flag.

I despise a club that is so cocky when they have got more wooden spoons than any club in history.

I despise the fact that their supporters in their thousands abuse the likes of Barry Hall and forget that they have some low=life specimens in their team.

There are further reasons but that will do for the moment,

Must be thankful you support a side that won't be playing next week also you 'poor me' bulldog supporter:thumbsdown:.

If you're club wasn't so mentally weak they might have grabbed at least one of the multiple chances you've had in the past 12 years. Instead you're happy to sit back and whinge and moan about your poor down trodden club that always seems to be unlucky every year.

Boo Hoo

I totally despise StKilda. I despise their supporters who are ignorant, arrogant morons.

I despise the fact that the men in yellow, red or green ( I refuse to call them umpires after last night} seem intent on gifting StKilda a flag.

I despise a club that is so cocky when they have got more wooden spoons than any club in history.

I despise the fact that their supporters in their thousands abuse the likes of Barry Hall and forget that they have some low=life specimens in their team.

There are further reasons but that will do for the moment,

We're actually interested in trading for some more low life specimens into our side next year. We're looking at Bock,a fine example of a human being

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was really barracking for the saints right up until half time last night. The style of play and that free kick really pissed me off though and from that point on I was a doggies man for the night.

Must be thankful you support a side that won't be playing next week also you 'poor me' bulldog supporter:thumbsdown:.

If you're club wasn't so mentally weak they might have grabbed at least one of the multiple chances you've had in the past 12 years. Instead you're happy to sit back and whinge and moan about your poor down trodden club that always seems to be unlucky every year.

Boo Hoo

And the title of this thread has just been proven!!!! Much like the "large" guy in the lift last night that had the nerve to say to me "You cant be to disappointed...you got much closer then we ever thought you would"! PLEASE!!

Sad to see that there are so few St.K fans to actually admit that they were given so many soft frees...yes we stuffed our chances but to think that these didnt affect the game is ridiculous. (Thank you though to the one St.K supporter who actually grabbed me and my brother after the game, said 'bad luck and there is no way that Riewoldt deserved that free" so at least some of you are realistic!)

The only reason you fools go on about past history is because that's the only thing you lot can cling too. Yep we won about 20 spons before 1930. Like the pies saying they are the greatest when won there they flags over a 100 years ago and one just as many as the saints in the last 50.

This is the here and now and the mighty SAINTS will beat the living daylights out of every other medicore team in the league!

I got to laugh Adelaide supporters having a dig as well. You got the whole state of S.A to hide players and bring them into your team. Have a massive advantage over everyone as does West Coast yet where are you guys now?

RESTING FOR NEXT YEAR! ... losers!

Boo Hoo

Yes be a complete tool that's the right way to go about things :thumbsdown:

It is called 'tall poppy syndrome' and many of us are guilty of it on the spur of the moment. StKilda were hot favourites so you could not help but barrack for the underdog the Bullies.

I watched the game and barracked for the dogs for that and no other reason.

I will barrack just as hardily and enthusiastically for the Saints in the Grand Final, particularly if they happen to play Collingwood :D

Don't lose any sleep over it ... I doubt any non StKilda supporter actually hates the club. We all just get excited at the prospect of David slaying Goliath :eek:

And the title of this thread has just been proven!!!! Much like the "large" guy in the lift last night that had the nerve to say to me "You cant be to disappointed...you got much closer then we ever thought you would"! PLEASE!!

Sad to see that there are so few St.K fans to actually admit that they were given so many soft frees...yes we stuffed our chances but to think that these didnt affect the game is ridiculous. (Thank you though to the one St.K supporter who actually grabbed me and my brother after the game, said 'bad luck and there is no way that Riewoldt deserved that free" so at least some of you are realistic!)

You must take so much from that then. Validated excuses to hang your hat on,and walk away content that you're still the hard done by club of the comp. If the players didn't have the same attitude as you lot they might actually stand up in a final for once and take there chances,instead of hanging there hat on "oh,if we had of kicked straight we would of won last years prelim and this years...go doggies"

Soft frees my arse, we get better deal with the umpires because we are well drilled and first to the ball. Maybe if the doggies hardened the F up and played with the same heart the saints do, you boys would get a better deal too!

You should be jumping for joy you got within 2 goals. One of the best performances all year.

Why is everyone so anti-Saints this year?

Why is it so?

Is it jealousy?
If the Saints get up next week, they knock all bar one teams off for the unofficial title of Best Team Ever.

Is it the ugly duckling syndrome?
You know, the ugly kid that isn't a threat so everyone warms to them, but then they hit puberty and start getting all the chicks and suddenly everyone wants to bash them?

The underdog now the top dog?

Are Saints fans arrogant so everyone else hates their club in retaliation?

It's fascinating to watch. Throughout the year it has snowballed.

Now I'm reading they were lucky last night!!!! Lucky to win a Prelim final by 2 kicks against a side that they've now beaten 3 times over the year.

I guess it'll be even funnier it the Pies get up tonight. Who the hell are the footy public gonna barrack for then??!!!

Cats will have to play dumb/ unaccountable footy to lose ;).
I don't have any Saints hate. I can really appreciate the exciting times for Saints fans. No team deserves it more than any other... thats just hogwash.
Every club has arrogant pompus fans that spoil it with overzealous comments and every club has brilliant folk that you wish them the best.

Good luck next week. You'll need it. Last night showed that even a team without a genuine tall target can be Worthy of a flag. Cam Mooney celebrates his birthday on GF next week... something else going against the Saints.. better keep Zac Dawson away from Mad Dog Mooney. :p

The only reason you fools go on about past history is because that's the only thing you lot can cling too. Yep we won about 20 spons before 1930. Like the pies saying they are the greatest when they flags over a 100 years ago and one just as many as the saints in the last 50.

This is the here and now and the mighty SAINTS will beat the living daylights out of every other medicore team in the league!

I got to laugh Adelaide supporters having a dig as well. You got the whole state of S.A to hide players and bring them into your team. Have a massive advantage over everyone as does West Coast yet where are you guys now?

RESTING FOR NEXT YEAR! ... losers!

Just validating why 'Saint Hate' is the new national pastime.

Despite your tragic history you are still cocky enough to think you name is already engraved on the Cup.

Support on Grand Final Day generally goes to the underdog, however turds like you will result in fair minded decent people HAVING to potentially confront the dilemma of supporting Collingwood.

A bit rich from a dogs fan.

Griffen was good last night

Cooney was well beaten

I didn't sight Tim Walsh, Tom Williams or Jarrad Grant

And who was that other guy they took at number 4 in the same draft as Cooney? Farren someone? Whatever happened to him?

We smashed you twice this year and scored over 100 points. Who do you think might have changed their style last night?

I'm thankful that I will be watching my side next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why all the 'Saint Hate'?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back