Analysis Why are we s**t?

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder what Brad has achieved in the last two years?
Is he just waiting for certain people/players to leave so that the club can move forward?

There's clearly a lot of behind the scenes baggage at EFC. We've turned over a President, a CEO, a number of assistant coaches, have got Sheedy off the board and Dodoro looks to be out the door.

We've also turned over quite a few players, seen guys like Durham and Caldwell become genuine midfielders this year, seen improvements at our contested work and i50 (I'd argue representative of ability to control territory). It's not perfect, but there's signs of things happening.

Scott may not be the coach who wins EFC a Premiership, but he may well be the coach that clears the way and sets up the club for the next coach to win one.

I wonder what Brad has achieved in the last two years?
Is he just waiting for certain people/players to leave so that the club can move forward?
If they're contracted players, to a certain extent that's all you can do with them. I guess you can hurry a few along by not offering extensions

Watching the arrogance of a young team like Hawthorn take it up to a perennial finalist like Port shows how far away we really are

What I would give for even half of our players to show some fight and ticker like these young hawks do
I think things have changed a little with a couple of the new guys. Caddy and Roberts play like that. Kako will bring the same energy. Only baby steps for sure. I have no outright draft favourite but my marginal leader is Travalia who also plays with a bit of fight and ticker. Our list is where it is because competitor and hard edge leadership is not a box we put near the top of the list so we just have to keep sucking our lemon until the apple tree grows and produces apples.

I think things have changed a little with a couple of the new guys. Caddy and Roberts play like that. Kako will bring the same energy. Only baby steps for sure. I have no outright draft favourite but my marginal leader is Travalia who also plays with a bit of fight and ticker. Our list is where it is because competitor and hard edge leadership is not a box we put near the top of the list so we just have to keep sucking our lemon until the apple tree grows and produces apples.
Absolutely !

every week I watched limp, if any attempt to ruffle feathers when one of our own was put down or beaten up on. Made a comment late in the season, I think Roberts was put down hard &/or late. McGrath had a chance to even body up his opponent as he ran back to his own positioning. Nothing! Really goes to show how far we need to come to even consider being competitive enough before thinking about the promised land

Absolutely !

every week I watched limp, if any attempt to ruffle feathers when one of our own was put down or beaten up on. Made a comment late in the season, I think Roberts was put down hard &/or late. McGrath had a chance to even body up his opponent as he ran back to his own positioning. Nothing! Really goes to show how far we need to come to even consider being competitive enough before thinking about the promised land
How many times do we make it hard for Merrett's tagger? Never!!

do we still have the 'no dickhead' policy? we're so fragile and weak compared to any of the top 8 teams. would love to have smartass players in the team like butters, SBP, ginni, hill, zorko etc etc

meanwhile we cant even help merrett by giving any physicality to merrett's taggers
We don't do it cos it might upset someone!

do we still have the 'no dickhead' policy? we're so fragile and weak compared to any of the top 8 teams. would love to have smartass players in the team like butters, SBP, ginni, hill, zorko etc etc

meanwhile we cant even help merrett by giving any physicality to merrett's taggers

I think we've gone the other way and gone with the 'only dickheads' policy.

I think we've gone the other way and gone with the 'only dickheads' policy.
On this thread?

Definitely feels like it’s a home for conspiracy theories, masochists, self-haters and people who adopted whinging as a lifestyle choice.

Yes, I understand I’m on this thread… I fit in those categories.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Why are we s**t?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back