Analysis Why are we s**t?

Remove this Banner Ad

We did win a final in 2004 after all
Understand Captain America GIF

How about winning a final before we start worrying about premierships? You didn't "get Sheedy off the board". He helped fix this millenial inspired sh*t show and has moved on. How many Essendon coaches have lasted their contract since Sheedy?
How did Sheedy help fix the shit show?

Was it by publicly lambasting the board after they selected Scott over Hird?

Was it by supporting Dodoro to remain in his role?

...or was it by leaking stories about the club to Robbo?

Two years is enough time to 'have a look' at players, experiment with positions etc. The back-of-house situation appears to have improved dramatically. Time to get players in their best positions and nail down the game plan. I fully expect that to happen in 2025 and see some big strides being taken. Another more 'professional' pre-season, on top of last years, will make a big difference.
He will have to ensure that he understands the qualities of any new players who come in by having a look at them, too. He'll have to make sure he's playing those players in their best positions and they will also have to develop chemistry with the current group and nail the game plan. We'll also have to be patient while we wait for any draftees to be AFL ready. Obviously, the more draftees we bring in the longer it could take. You may have to accept and expect a dip in performance before we start to spike. I'm looking at '26 - '27, and that's just rising. We're not playing finals until at least '28 I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Why are we s**t?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back