Why do you hate collingwood?

Remove this Banner Ad

Quit sabotaging, this is a serious thread. let me start again...

I dont want this to sound another troll thread abusing collingwood. I actually want to know why people hate collingwood. Is it their fans, eddie, the players, mick, some team rivaltry or something else?

For me, its eddie, i dont really hate collingwood or their supporters, just their president, thats why i want brisbane to win tomorrow.

so why do you hate collingwood?

and collingwood supporters - dont take offence, we know you love your club and you really shouldn't care that we hate collingwood.

I never really hated Collingwood for a while as they wore the colours of my local team in the bush. But with Eddie whinging about this and that all the time I think he has really made a lot of people hate Collingwood.

Last year he blamed the salary cap, it will be interesting tomorrow if Collingwood win if he thanks the AFL for giving the team the premiership. The draw this year for Collingwood has been so soft that they really do not deserve to be in the finals at all, they were given an easy ride.

He could also thank Ch 9 for not having the video of all the blood when they played Carlton.

What is happening now and we have talked about this over coffee is that Eddie is seen to be the AFL, and whatever Eddie wants he gets. Our teams do not get these advantages and so I think the hate for Collingwood has grown through your president.

You all may like it but from a lot of people's experience people do not go from rags to riches without treading on a lot of people on the way and so I do not think that Eddie has any respect from a lot of people outside his club.

My dislike of thu Poies is a realtivly new thing - time was I hated thu Bullies more, but ever since Eddie took over and started his "the greatest club in Australia line" and kept on harping on it dispite the total lack of supporting evidence, the worm has turned and they lye at the bottom of my list of preferences.

Originally posted by morgues
im gonna follow this thread with some interest, because being a pies supporter, i often wonder why there are so many people with such a level of hate towards collingwood

i can see where people are coming from in not liking eddie, as he is the face of the club and is on channel 9 all the time, but if he went for any other team woudl that team then cop the same amount of flak?

i understand there is a general view that pie fans are the worst. this is a shame cause the generalisation that we are all 'bad' means that for a bloke like me, who loves footy, loves to talk footy and is generally very open minded when it comes to discussin the greatest sport on the planet - i get put into that stereotype. i dont like it :/

G'day Morgues, the hate is there because of the majority of your fellow supporters, you should know, you see them all the time, therefore you must realise where everyone is coming from.
Generalising is not a good thing granted, but you have to admit that there is a high proportion of w@nkers following your club regardless of membership figures, I don't know you but you don't sound like one of the above mentioned.
I hope that explains it for you.
cheers.

I think that some of their supporters put the club on the hate list. Especially when they were racist to former Saints player Nicky Winmar.

The complete lack of respect shown to anyone or anything non-Collingwood, firstly by a majority of their supporters, and secondly by their president.

The arrogance of their supporters. For a club which has spent most of it's recent history in the wrong half, it amazes me.

I could go on, but why bother?

Originally posted by naughty monkey
The complete lack of respect shown to anyone or anything non-Collingwood, firstly by a majority of their supporters, and secondly by their president.

The arrogance of their supporters. For a club which has spent most of it's recent history in the wrong half, it amazes me.

I could go on, but why bother?

yeah, eddie doesn't have much respect for anything non-collingwood, or at least non-victorian, and their tactic of attacking the umpire in roccas appeal was pretty disrespectful, but the only avenue they had left.

Arrogance has been a pretty common theme here too, It's blantant in Eddie, and some supporters here (some, not all). Mick has actually become less arrogant since leaving the eagles. You can also see hints of it in Buckley, more so in other players, but that's not that annoying, Aker is probably up there with the most arrogant but i think he's a legend.

This media saturation of collingwood is making me sick. Why are all the tv show spending so much more time on collingwood? Channel nine's ripoff breakfast and even channel ten are doing it this morning.

spew bag on standby

Read the wonderful article on the Pies in today's HS for the answers. Yes it is the supporters because they are the most amazing bunch of supporters in existance.

Any other club who had experienced the close losses and periods of non-success would not have a fraction of the support they get.
Our GF losses only build the strenth. We are the only club that is recession proof. When we are down we still fill grounds and still get the press. Other crappy tin-rattling clubs must look on in awe and wonder what they have to do. Carlton are a case in point - supporters everywhere in the winning years - wtf are they now. pathetic.

the bad news for all you praying that we lose today is that you might get your wish but we will only go away and come back even stronger (worse in your eyes) and the nightmare for you when we win a flag will be even worse.

Your hate is our oxygen!!!!! Go Pies - the greatest sporting institution in Australia bar none!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do I hate Collingwood?

Well, with regard to Eddie, I really don't mind him and he is not a reason I dislike Collingwood. I don't particularly like Malthouse, but he is not a reason. I also don't really like Buckley (although I admire him as a footballer) and Rocca gives me the sh*ts, but again they're not the reason.

I hate them because of their supporters. Not individual supporters, as I know quite a few and they are generally pretty good people, but rather, the supporter base as an amorphous blob, which is personified by certain supporters.

Collingwood supporters (as represented by this amorphous mass) are one-eyed and arrogant in the extreme. Even less so than other clubs, they care nothing for AFL football, but simply their own club. They have no interest in the game of football or the sheer enjoyment of watching a great game, but simply look at what has happened to Collingwood.

For a team with fairly limited post-war success, they are incredibly arrogant and believe Collingwood is the centre of the universe and the football world revolves around them.

They take a holier than thou attitude, which we see so often on this website and in the media and in general discussions with them, that "well, you wouldn't understand, we are Collingwood and we are great, and you are simply mere mortals that are inferor."

They also have an incredible inferiority and persecution complex, always believing the rest of the world is against them, which ends up perversely making it true. They are also obsessed that there is a conspiracy theory, with Collingwood at the receiving end. Rather sad really.

I wouldn't really care about it if we didn't have it rammed down our throats in the media so constantly.

Also, they have more smelly toothless supporters than anyone other club (but probably similar proportions to the Western Bulldogs!)!! ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do you hate collingwood?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back