Why do you love Richo?

Remove this Banner Ad

I love Richo because he is unpredictable. He'll slot it from the boundary and miss from the goalsquare. He'll yell at his own teammates, at the umpires, at the crowd, he is so passionate about the game and his club. And he is a very good player to go with all of that. He is the heart and soul of Richmond.

Everyone loves him because he will never hurt us in a final. Lets be honest that is why he is deemed to be the player everyone loves.

He carrys on worse on the field than Chad Cornes and Warren Tredrea yet they are hated. Because we know that come September (in some seasons) they could hurt you. Richo never will.

Everyone loves him because he will never hurt us in a final. Lets be honest that is why he is deemed to be the player everyone loves.

He carrys on worse on the field than Chad Cornes and Warren Tredrea yet they are hated. Because we know that come September (in some seasons) they could hurt you. Richo never will.
That's true in a way, it's sometimes easier to like an unsuccessful person/club, while those that have continued success can become disliked.

Richo is the "Yin and the Yang".

He epidermises both determination and frustration, but I would have him at Collingwood any day. The guy loves his footy and he loves his club. When he is on he's sublime and when is not he's human.

Keep going Richo...
ps. Love the song too.......Richo, Richo man......
Sorry but that spelling is like Richo's kicking. Its phonetically correct though I suppose.:)

I commented previously that the love for richo is possibly getting over the top but reading through the posts I feel the need to tell you all, without telling you why, because I cant, that Richo is a super person.

I had a connection with Richo on a very personal level(for him) some years ago. He could easily have ignored what was going on, but he didnt because he is such a good bloke/person. Will always rate him very highly as a result (no matter how many goals he misses).

Richo is the "Yin and the Yang".

He epidermises both determination and frustration, but I would have him at Collingwood any day. The guy loves his footy and he loves his club. When he is on he's sublime and when is not he's human.

Keep going Richo...
ps. Love the song too.......Richo, Richo man......

Low blow to criticise his skin.

I love Cho for all the reasons outlined above. Seems like a great bloke.

EDIT: Damn you, Merv. Too quick. :)

Mostly because of the dummy spits he has when he misses a set shot from 30 out, straight in front, and goes off his absolute nut. Funny stuff! :D Did anyone see it when he missed an easy shot against Collingwood? HAHA!

But also because he is a machine of an athlete and shows so much passion and determination for the game when he plays. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry but that spelling is like Richo's kicking. Its phonetically correct though I suppose.:)

I commented previously that the love for richo is possibly getting over the top but reading through the posts I feel the need to tell you all, without telling you why, because I cant, that Richo is a super person.

I had a connection with Richo on a very personal level(for him) some years ago. He could easily have ignored what was going on, but he didnt because he is such a good bloke/person. Will always rate him very highly as a result (no matter how many goals he misses).

Bigfooty's crap spell checker does not have a "slightly intoxicated" function....:D
Ridiculous....:mad:

All good but you got what I meant............although he did have a slight acne problem 15 years ago....lol

I love Richo cos he has never hurt Port Adelaide in any game I can ever remember... touch wood. And he also makes Warren Tredrea's kicking for goal look good. Other than Nathan Buckley and Nick Stevens, I can't think of a player Port fans have loved to give it to more than Richo. Thanks for being there for us mate!

I love Richo because he wears his heart on his sleeve.

I love Richo because he has shown incredible loyalty, but is still human enough to crack it at his teammates (in the past).

I love Richo because he kicks the impossible goals and then sprays the easy ones.

I love Richo because he clearly has a sense of humour and is a good bloke.

I love Richo because he is a great footballer, too.

Pretty much everything I was going to say.

He adds color to the game no matter what he's doing on or off the field, and that can only be good for football.

Because all through these years when Richmond were shit and the fans always bagged him, he has stuck by the club and he is one of a few who actually put there heart into that jumper, when he could have left years earlier for more money and more success.

Richo transcends club loyalty now. I think most footy fans see him as the footy hero they would like their kids to have. He is not perfect. He has frailties. However he has never hidden, never shirked. At times he has carrried awful Richmond's on his back.

When he finishes there will be a massive Richo shaped hole both in Richmond teams and in the game in general.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do you love Richo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back