Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today.... part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminder:

This isn't the Israel/Hamas thread.

Go to the Israel/Hamas thread if you want to talk about that.

Thanks.

Stop being so petulant.
Nobody is silencing you.

Me saying you are an islamophobe does not, in any way, prevent you from spouting your bigoted nonsense.

Or I could just apply your stupid logic and say you are silencing me from calling you an islamophobe.
And if nobody is allowed to call anyone islamophobes then the devastating effects of bigotry go on unabated.
Islamophobia is the rational position - why shouldn't a rational person be afraid of the irrational?

At least you're consistent in defending other irrational beliefs like Christianity, while plenty of lefties aren't.

Islamophobia is the rational position - why shouldn't a rational person be afraid of the irrational?

At least you're consistent in defending other irrational beliefs like Christianity, while plenty of lefties aren't.

I can see why you think that, but it's not usually the beliefs that are being defended; it's the people and their rights to be free of discrimination - something that is faced by Muslims, but rarely by Christians in Australia.

I can see why you think that, but it's not usually the beliefs that are being defended; it's the people and their rights to be free of discrimination - something that is faced by Muslims, but rarely by Christians in Australia.
Usually, but not always. The language is a dead giveaway - I look to see whether someone is defending Muslims or Islam, and why.

Islam and Christianity are the same to me, though Christianity has been shaped by secularism to a larger extent; therefore Christianity is a lesser threat on a per capita basis of adherent.

Nontheists who are harsher on Christians than Muslims show their own bias, though rarely will they admit it.

Irrational beliefs don't deserve respect, whether they be religious or otherwise. The right to have those irrational beliefs is something I do respect.

Nontheists who are harsher on Christians than Muslims show their own bias, though rarely will they admit it.
We generally know more about Christianity through direct experience.

"Muslims" isn't really a cohesive group. Which are you talking about?

Christianity is the dominant religion here, criticism of it is based on lived in experience. If we were majority Muslim I'm sure it would be more of a target for criticism by non believers here than it is now.

Usually, but not always. The language is a dead giveaway - I look to see whether someone is defending Muslims or Islam, and why.

Islam and Christianity are the same to me, though Christianity has been shaped by secularism to a larger extent; therefore Christianity is a lesser threat on a per capita basis of adherent.

Irrational beliefs don't deserve respect, whether they be religious or otherwise. The right to have those irrational beliefs is something I do respect.

It must be annoying to live in a place where so many adhere to the irrational beliefs that they form a government based on those beliefs.

Christianity is the dominant religion here, criticism of it is based on lived in experience. If we were majority Muslim I'm sure it would be more of a target for criticism by non believers here than it is now.

Can you think of a reason why there is not so much criticism in Muslim countries?

Islamists are a subset of Islam.They're the ones pursuing jihad and intifada, and are numerous. They are the extreme fundamental end of "the religion of peace" and their aims are primarily political, in aiming to establish a worldwide caliphate. Afghanistan is an example. Many Muslims do not subscribe to their views but it's dangerous for them to say so.

NO religion is dominant here in Australia, broader society is moving further and further away from religion and more and more are moving toward not being religious at all.

If you believe any religion is 'dominant' and have large scale influence on the public then you've been sucked into msm and social media bullsh*t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you believe any religion is 'dominant' and have large scale influence on the public then you've been sucked into msm and social media bullsh*t.
So why does Parliament open with a Christian prayer? Cool to swap in some Koran readings?

"Almighty God, we humbly beseech Thee to vouch safe Thy blessing upon this Parliament. Direct and prosper our deliberations to the advancement of Thy glory, and the true welfare of the people of Australia."

Islamists are a subset of Islam.They're the ones pursuing jihad and intifada, and are numerous. They are the extreme fundamental end of "the religion of peace" and their aims are primarily political, in aiming to establish a worldwide caliphate. Afghanistan is an example. Many Muslims do not subscribe to their views but it's dangerous for them to say so.
Yeah, seen this movie before, less than 10 years ago, how'd that work out for the 'worldwide caliphate' last time?

As far as I’m aware, Muslims aren’t trying to stack political parties like the Christians are doing with LNP.

So why does Parliament open with a Christian prayer? Cool to swap in some Koran readings?

"Almighty God, we humbly beseech Thee to vouch safe Thy blessing upon this Parliament. Direct and prosper our deliberations to the advancement of Thy glory, and the true welfare of the people of Australia."
Good question! Here's another one.

Why do you have to swear by the bible before you give testimony in a court of law? Given probably everyone in the courtroom (and every other courtroom in the country for that matter) takes the bible with a grain of salt. Including judge and jury.

If you think pollies are by and large scomo esque religious fanatics, I've got good news for you, they're probably not. If you think pollies by and large make decisions effecting the country based on 'religious beliefs', good news again, they're probably not. If you think either, I've got bad news, you're probably naive.

Good question! Here's another one.

Why do you have to swear by the bible before you give testimony in a court of law? Given probably everyone in the courtroom (and every other courtroom in the country for that matter) takes the bible with a grain of salt. Including judge and jury.

If you think pollies are by and large scomo esque religious fanatics, I've got good news for you, they're probably not. If you think pollies by and large make decisions effecting the country based on 'religious beliefs', good news again, they're probably not. If you think either, I've got bad news, you're probably naive.
You don't.

So it's just evening the score?
Not at all. I don't see why any form of irrationality should be respected or treated as anything beyond irrationality.

If you're asking me whether I acknowledge that some forms of Islam are more dangerous than others, sure. None of them are good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back