Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today.... part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminder:

This isn't the Israel/Hamas thread.

Go to the Israel/Hamas thread if you want to talk about that.

Thanks.

You have to admire these followers of Islam. Always so calm about everything. They never seem to overreact.

Blasphemy accusations are common in Pakistan, where anyone found guilty of insulting Islam or Islamic religious figures can be sentenced to death.

Medieval.

Pakistan is an interesting discussion point.
It was part of India before WWII.
Now , compared to India, it has archaic 2000year old practices, like the Monty Python sketch.

Surely it can only be due to Islamic influence.

Can we refute that Islam promotes barbaric practices?

India have their share of barbaric society, but it is not endorsed by the law at all , Pakistan have laws , which are not really practiced ( no official executions for blasphemy), but the people who do the lynching think the law and their god , are on their side.

Oh definitely.

That's why I support so many Muslims who want a better life here in Australia. And want to get away from this radical, dangerous ideology and in some areas systems of Government.

I don't understand why some people are ardently against these people immigrating to Australia.

Pakistan is an interesting discussion point.
It was part of India before WWII.
Now , compared to India, it has archaic 2000year old practices, like the Monty Python sketch.

India have their share of barbaric society, but it is not endorsed by the law at all , Pakistan have laws , which are not really practiced ( no official executions for blasphemy), but the people who do the lynching think the law and their god , are on their side.

Compared to Pakistan..... US citizens are 8 times more likely to be victims of violent crimes.

Surely that's due to the Christian influence?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Compared to Pakistan..... US citizens are 8 times more likely to be victims of violent crimes.

Surely that's due to the Christian influence?

I compared Pakistan to India, because of the similarity geographically and culturally. Basically the same people , different religion.

You've just made a dumb comparison IMO, blindly defending Islam for some reason, rather than logically analyzing.
I formed my comment in a question, feel free to answer it.

Now we can compare USA to Canada, but i don't think the main difference is religion.

You might be right, i read "critically injured " but i think they survived. A lot were killed in 2015.
There's a lot of people who think Charlie Hebdo was the actual person who was killed by Islamic extremists. They tend to be Islamophobic in general, and don't actually know much about the issues outside of key talking points.

Not that I'm suggesting that of previous posters in this thread.:moustache:

But yeah, radical extremism is a serious issue and more needs to be done to combat it.
That's why I'm so concerned with the recent rapid increase in far-right ethno-nationalist radicalisation here in Australia.
If one group is able to radicalise and grow in such a way, other groups will as well.
There is going to be some form of terrorist attack in Australia in the next 3-4 years if more is not done.

I compared Pakistan to India, because of the similarity geographically and culturally. Basically the same people , different religion.

You've just made a dumb comparison IMO, blindly defending Islam for some reason, rather than logically analyzing.
I formed my comment in a question, feel free to answer it.

Now we can compare USA to Canada, but i don't think the main difference is religion.

Throwing christians into the mix is not a blind defense of Islam. Quite a bizarre suggestion you make there.

At what cost?

I really hope you don't think the loss of that many lives for the sake of ritual is worth it.

You are using the deaths of people to try to make a point but the only point that you are making is that you are islamophobic.

You are using the deaths of people to try to make a point but the only point that you are making is that you are islamophobic.
So you do think their rituals are more important than human life or safety. You see those deaths and say so what. What a disgrace.

So you do think their rituals are more important than human life or safety. You see those deaths and say so what. What a disgrace.
He didn't do or say that. I think he's just pointing out that you don't care about their lives, you just hate Islam, more specifically Muslims.

The same way someone would pretend they hate solar panels because they care about the environment etc.

Or only complains about Sovereign Citizens, if they can use it to insult Aboriginal people etc.

People lose their lives undertaking dangerous activities. It happens.
Mountain climbing, hiking, cross country skiing etc etc.
Its when it's putting other peoples lives in danger, that it becomes more of an issue.

But again, as has been pointed out, you don't actually care about their lives. You're just using it to attack people from a middle-Eastern background.

:moustache:

I asked you if you expect Islam to expect its followers to follow Islam.
You answered with some shit about whether I think people dying is cool.

You are using the deaths of pilgrims to bash Islam.
Go your hardest.
Don't ****ing pretend that you are on some moral high ground when you are using the deaths of people for no purpose other than to bash a religion you have a set against.

Always throwing around islamophobia....

There's lots of Islamophobia to throw it at.

You are not Islamophobic just because you and your mates in the IDF like slaughtering the children of Palestine because you go camping with your brothers and sisters of Islam.
Or was that just more of your bullshit like that time you said people were on your driveway trying to get you?

I asked you if you expect Islam to expect its followers to follow Islam.
You answered with some shit about whether I think people dying is cool.

You are using the deaths of pilgrims to bash Islam.
Go your hardest.
Don't ****ing pretend that you are on some moral high ground when you are using the deaths of people for no purpose other than to bash a religion you have a set against.
Labelling "Islamophobia" to legitimate criticism of how a ritual sets up the conditions for human catastrophe, which is exactly what the yearly hajj requirement does, is just a means of silencing any debate.

You should reflect upon the suffering created by the hajj.

If scores of deaths resulting from the requirements of religious ritual aren't a reason for criticism then I don't know what is.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back