Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today.... part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminder:

This isn't the Israel/Hamas thread.

Go to the Israel/Hamas thread if you want to talk about that.

Thanks.

I asked you a question, since you told me to stay on subject. I am.

Can you kindly state your opinion on the poll results?

Should we outlaw criticising Islam?
You're all over the shop
Apparently it's the left's fault people vote right wing
Then its immigration but not racism, Muslims but not Islamophobia

Now you're making up dumb questions About outlawing criticism of Islam

Getting really wobbly here

You're all over the shop
Apparently it's the left's fault people vote right wing
I explained it to you why. It's uncontrolled ILLEGAL migration, mostly from Islamic nations. Hence it's relevant. These refugees travel through all the EU countries to reach their PREFERRED destination, which is mostly a socially generous country. The numbers are beyond control, it affects house prices, society, creates parallel societies, increases crime rate. There is a massive disproportionate crime rate, between the percentage of asylum seekers living in the country and the crimes committed.

And the fact that i am pointing it to out to you and you calling me racist, is ONE OF THE reasons.

Then its immigration but not racism, Muslims but not Islamophobia

Now you're making up dumb questions About outlawing criticism of Islam

Getting really wobbly here
How is it a dumb question. Danish muslims FORCED the danish government to pass the blasphemy law in 2023 after a series of riots.

Maybe you do need to travel outside of australia from time to time?

And talk about Sweden, what reception did the Israeli tennis team get in Malmo?

Maybe you should read

Copy pasting what? i provided links, didn't copy paste anything. Too hard to understand?

I was using the LATEST figures, if you didn't realise, 2023 was the previous year. 5.1 million migrants is actually more than 1.1% of the EU population, so...that's basically 2% of the EU population.

Not enough for you i assume?

Relevance? people are not having children, many Eastern european countries have negative population growth right now.

Yes due to Covid and restrictions were in place, including regular citizens like us who had trouble moving from one country to another. Also 2.4 million isn't a small figure.

Hardly rocket science.

Why did you pick 2020 to 2022? why not highlight 2015 and 2016 when over 5 million migrants came in?

ah it doesn't serve a purpose does it?

Yep, not illegal though. How is Australia doing? Asking to check who is coming to your country is racist is it? anyone can walk into your country according to you? cool.

Again, rubbish. UK/US has plenty of migration policies in place that works just fine. What percentage of these migrants stay in poorer EU countries? not many. Why? Is Romania failing? is Hungary failing? Germany will be dead without migrants is it?

Absolutely garbage argument that we need illegal migration for this. Seasonal work visas and EU blue card residency is just fine for this. You do not need people with skills to come in without having their backgrounds checked.

Again. see above.

Australia is shrinking? have you checked on the migration figures in Australia? we need open borders to stop shrinking???? you are mixing up regular migration data with illegal migration. How does Australia function without illegal migration? There will be no one to pick fruits in Germany if there are no illegal migration is it?

This is as dumb and radical as the replacement theory, just the leftist version of it.

Ah yes, only in western european countries i assume? why don't migrants wish to live in the poorer nations? why such disparity in distribution of migrants? even if granted residence in Hungary, do you know what percentage actually stay there?

Do you understand why?

I understand it very well, you obviously failed basic economics and geopolitics.

Ah yes, the leftist 'open up borders and let everyone in' argument, cause 'we can't drive buses , so we need Pakistani bus drivers.

FFS.

Do you realise what percentage of unskilled labor in EU come from eastern european countries? India? philippines? vietnam? not many are illegal btw.

Economic migration and asylum seekers are two different categories.

Minority lol take a look at European elections. From Portugal to Austria, to Sweden to Netherlands. France was almost done for, saved at the last minute, but don't worry, next time maybe with people like you around. People have spoken. While people like you are in denial.

You deserve what you get. People like Wilders are in power cause people like exist.

Absolutely rubbish post and this is why you were on ignore. If you wish to rant, make sure it's an educated rant atleast.

Once again you have demonstrated that your only arguments are adhom mixed in with strawmen and hyperbole.

The choice isn't between open borders and not open borders.
That's just you parroting far right nonsense.
Make no mistake, that argument is complete bullshit. It is a load of shit. Only simpletons parrot that sort of nonsense.

Pick any year you like. It doesn't change the fact that the population of the EU would decline without migration. Legal or illegal.
The reason for that is very simple. Age of population.

It is a phenomenon that countries all over the world are facing.
It's the end of the boomer generation.

Seeking asylum is not illegal.
Seeking asylum does not make an immigrant illegal.
That's just you again parroting far right nonsense.

Which begs the question, why do you need to resort to hyperbole and misrepresentation as an argument???
Is it because you have no argument without hyperbole and misrepresentation?
Yes.

Stop parroting far right nonsense.

Thanks. I can be balanced occasionally, but won't make it a habit.

I wouldn't have thought antitheists are stronger on border protection and patriotism than the general population. What gives you that idea?

Defending a country is sometimes necessary and other times a meaningless waste of life and resources. Few people would consider the Iraq war justified or worthwhile.

I can understand why people would fight in the name of a religion or ideology, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with those reasons. Pro-life Christians would say they're standing up for human life, Muslims who flew planes into the WTC thought they were doing gods work. Each group thinks they're doing the right thing and they're passionate about it.

Should women have to wear conservative clothing, should gays be thrown in jail, should atheists be sentenced to death just because a group of people believe they've found the one true god? These are things that happen across the world in Muslim nations, and it's because of Islam. This is what I don't get - these things are the antithesis of progressive values, yet progressives have buddied up with Islam in the same way conservatives have buddied up with Christianity in Australia.

Christianity has been largely tamed in the west, yet even now we see how it rears its ugly head in Australian politics. It's even worse in the US. Islam is just as bad, but hasn't been tamed in the west yet. It could take generations to get there!

Islam is no more valid than a conspiracy theory. The way many see conspiracy theorists is the way I see deeply religious people. If they keep their bullshit away from politics, I'll be happy enough. I don't like the chances of that happening though.

There's no doctrine of atheism. The only unifying 'belief' (if you want to call it that) is the lack of belief in deities. We have no book of commandments, no heaven to sacrifice ourselves for, no list of do's and donts to guide our morality. Therefore we have nothing to impose on others from a religious standpoint. We won't even fly planes into buildings just because there is no god! Atheists typically push for secularity, so we are the least dangerous 'religion' you'll ever find.

There is an attack on atheism, and I have a lot of compassion for my fellow non-believers living in hostile nations. The most hostile nations for atheists are Islamic.

Defending something purely because someone belongs to a group or unified belief system doesn't make it good. If it were, we'd have to agree the nazis are justified. As I've posted on another thread, I believe Islam to be a bigger threat to our freedoms than nazism purely because of the relative number of adherents of each.

You don't have to agree with the reasons.
Nobody is forcing you to agree with the reasons people defend their religion/country/anything.

My point was that the idea that religion is the only thing that makes people want to fight each other ( as was posited) is not true.
Yes, religion does motivate a lot of people to do a lot of crazy things.
The idea that if we just remove religion then people would sit around singing koombaya is fanciful.
Take away religion and people will still fight over stupid shit.
That's just human nature.

You can smash Islam all you like.

uncontrolled ILLEGAL migration

There is no such thing as uncontrolled illegal migration.
There is no such thing as controlled illegal migration.

Stop talking shit.
If the basis of your argument is a load of shit then it makes the rest of your argument a load of shit.

There is no such thing as uncontrolled illegal migration.
There is no such thing as controlled illegal migration.

Stop talking shit.
If the basis of your argument is a load of shit then it makes the rest of your argument a load of shit.
It is illegal, cause you don't know the rules. You are supposed to REGISTER for asylum at the FIRST country of entry. These are called Dublin rules. You are not supposed to country shop. From there, you can proceed to the country you wish to claim asylum in. How many people have sought SAFETY in Romania? Bulgaria? Croatia? Hungary? Lithuania? Czechia? etc? why Sweden, Netherlands ignoring the Dublin rules?

So what do we do about those 3 million refugees who have disappeared in Europe after being refused asylum and refused to go back to Italy, Bulgaria, Spain and Romania?????

If you are speaking law, then ****ing talk law, not rant like a madman possessed cause you ain't ****ing fooling anyone.

Here, repeat read, till you get it:

The European Commission offered new proposals Wednesday for overhauling the way the EU deals with refugees, calling on countries to act quickly to discourage “asylum shopping.”

The measures include stronger management of borders and development of legal methods for asylum-seekers to reach Europe. The Commission offered different options for reforming the Dublin regulation, which requires that refugees are registered in the country of arrival.

Austria has vetoed Bulgarian Schengen entry for so long saying 81% of the asylum seekers came through Bulgaria according to Frontex and applied asylum in Austria without any finger-printing or identification through transit countries. It includes, Bulgaria, Serbia, Hungary and Romania.

So country shopping is legal? please show me the relevant EU asylum laws stating this?????

Would you want people with violent religious background to come in? unidentified??? it's racist to say no is it???? just 1 month ago, a policeman died and 5 people were stabbed in a Pax Europa rally in Germany. Committed by a guy who had a violent past.

So what should we do? cannot give an opinion on migration? not criticise Islam?

A gift from people like you to all of us living in Europe.

Abusing me won't help. You have no idea about asylum rules or laws. Apparently country shopping is legal according to you.

Last edited:
Once again you have demonstrated that your only arguments are adhom mixed in with strawmen and hyperbole.

The choice isn't between open borders and not open borders.
That's just you parroting far right nonsense.
Make no mistake, that argument is complete bullshit. It is a load of shit. Only simpletons parrot that sort of nonsense.

Says the bloke who just said illegal migration is ok orelse who will drive bus'. LOL! Hello left wing version of Great replacement theory.

Who has disagreed with migration?? LEGAL EU migration, where people must identify and profile themselves first.

You are using a faux argument for legal migration and using it to support your faux premise of open borders and forced entries/country shopping.

Grow up and READ what i posted before ranting like a angry bird.

Pick any year you like. It doesn't change the fact that the population of the EU would decline without migration. Legal or illegal.
The reason for that is very simple. Age of population.

Who is disagreeing with the fact that the EU needs migration??? you are talking to yourself.

It is a phenomenon that countries all over the world are facing.
It's the end of the boomer generation.
Again, who is arguing with that??

It absolutely is the way it's done now. ECJ ruling:

In July 2017, the European Court of Justice upheld the Dublin Regulation, declaring that it still stands despite the high influx of 2015, giving EU member states the right to transfer migrants to the first country of entry to the EU

This is now in force despite leftist groups calling it inhumane. The resolution passed last year made it legal and compulsory for EVERY country to fingerprint and identify the people in the FIRST EU country.

Jesus stop ranting. Vast majority of the refugees don't do that, you wonder why??

i am sure you're not that stupid. Or maybe you are.

That's just you again parroting far right nonsense.

Says the bloke who just said illegal migration is ok, cause who will pick fruits otherwise. LOL.

You are left wing version of the great replacement theory. Different side of the same coin.

Which begs the question, why do you need to resort to hyperbole and misrepresentation as an argument???

It begs the question, why don't the politicians listen to their people? then the populist right won't be rising. It's because of people like you. I guarantee you if migration is controlled like it is in Australia, the right will go away and will be decimated.

Is it because you have no argument without hyperbole and misrepresentation?
Yes.

Stop parroting far right nonsense.

Ah cool, now democracy is it, cause your opinions are no longer reflected right? hahaha you hypocrite. The people in Europe have spoken you fool. They had enough of this. Learn how democracy works, before opening your gob.

Repeating a lie doesn't make it true.

Now let me ask you the same question that Gralin avoided. 76% of Danish Muslims want to make criticism of Islam illegal in Denmark, which they succeeded as opposed to 18% of the native Danes.

Do you support this? do you think criticism of an ideology should be banned?

Sweden had similar riots, public stabbings before such laws were passed as well.

So why do one religion get a free pass? people will radicalised background will do **** things. This is why Dublin rule was invented, to screen people on who is coming in.

But apparently that's too much for a leftist religious radical like you.

I repeat, the people have spoken, you can call me whatever you want, the poll results will tell you that you are ****ing wrong.

Funny how democracy works, it's cool as long as i get what i want. The moment the result goes against my life then..OMFGGG RACISTS.

If you would stop ranting and start reading....but too much too process i guess.

Last edited:
You can smash Islam all you like.
Yes from the safety of his keyboard. He doesn't wish to go 6 feet under like Salman Rushdie (almost went 6 ft under) or Charlie Hebdo, the Danish cartoonist or the Swedish politician or the German AfD parliament member or many many such names went.

In the meantime since the Gaza war started

Jews in Denmark were advised not to wear Jewish symbols openly, Goldstein said.

This is happening in Germany too. If you leftists have a bleeding heart, why not a single post about this? Ah yes, doesn't go with the rhetoric that you actually hate Jews and Israelis.

Not racism, at all.

Last edited:
The difference between discussing the rational fear/hatred of Islam and engaging in Islamophobia, is attaching an intended and desired outcome to a group of people.

The conspiracy that 'they' are not like 'us' and are just biding their time until they reach a critical level.
It's not understanding that an average Australian who is Muslim has more in common than the average Australian, than they do with the average Iraqi Muslim.

When most Australians think of refuges or Muslims, they don't picture white people.
And it's just dishonesty to pretend otherwise.
Whoever just read that, you know it's true.
So there is always a racial element connected to discussions around refuges and Muslim people. Without any specific race needing to be attached.

How is it a dumb question. Danish muslims FORCED the danish government to pass the blasphemy law in 2023 after a series of riots.

That's an incredibly different version to how I understood it.

The recent controversy around Quran-burning emerged after Rasmus Paludan, a Danish-Swedish far-right extremist, destroyed a copy outside Turkey’s embassy in Stockholm in January, and then Turkey’s embassy in Copenhagen later that month.​
Others soon followed in Paludan’s footsteps, including Momika, an Iraqi refugee who was previously linked to extremist Christian militias while living in Iraq. Since June, Momika has on several occasions obtained permits for Quran-burning protests and carried them out in Stockholm.​
In July, two members of the ultranationalist group Danske Patrioter, or Danish Patriots, live-streamed their own Quran-burning in front of the Iraqi embassy in Copenhagen. Earlier this month, members of the group also burned copies of the Quran and chanted anti-Islam slogans outside the embassies of Turkey, Algeria, Pakistan, Iran, and Indonesia.​

Great replacement theory
Rasmus Paludan has warned several times about the Great Replacement.
A theory that European populations are gradually being replaced by Muslim immigrants and their descendants.
Paludan stated that the ethnic Danish population is approaching becoming a minority due to a higher birth rate among Muslims in Denmark, and Paludan has stated on several occasions that it will be a reality within a few decades.

According to religion and demography researchers, there is no indication of such a development.​

That's an incredibly different version to how I understood it.

The recent controversy around Quran-burning emerged after Rasmus Paludan, a Danish-Swedish far-right extremist, destroyed a copy outside Turkey’s embassy in Stockholm in January, and then Turkey’s embassy in Copenhagen later that month.​
Others soon followed in Paludan’s footsteps, including Momika, an Iraqi refugee who was previously linked to extremist Christian militias while living in Iraq. Since June, Momika has on several occasions obtained permits for Quran-burning protests and carried them out in Stockholm.​
In July, two members of the ultranationalist group Danske Patrioter, or Danish Patriots, live-streamed their own Quran-burning in front of the Iraqi embassy in Copenhagen. Earlier this month, members of the group also burned copies of the Quran and chanted anti-Islam slogans outside the embassies of Turkey, Algeria, Pakistan, Iran, and Indonesia.​

Great replacement theory
Rasmus Paludan has warned several times about the Great Replacement.
A theory that European populations are gradually being replaced by Muslim immigrants and their descendants.​
Paludan stated that the ethnic Danish population is approaching becoming a minority due to a higher birth rate among Muslims in Denmark, and Paludan has stated on several occasions that it will be a reality within a few decades.​
According to religion and demography researchers, there is no indication of such a development.​

Well Denmark abolished blasphemy laws in 2017 , which made it legal in the country to commit such acts. I do not support burning the Quran but freedom of speech and expression must prevail.

How ****ing weak is your god that feel threaten to kill and stab people for burning a few pages of a book?

I have bashed Christianity for 5 years in the forum called them racists, genocide enablers, infanciders, cultural rapists and no one in this forum said anything. Notice the moment i say anything about Islam 'you're a racist' is the first card played.

Well Denmark abolished blasphemy laws in 2017 , which made it legal in the country to commit such acts. I do not support burning the Quran but freedom of speech and expression must prevail.

How ****ing weak is your god that feel threaten to kill and stab people for burning a few pages of a book?

I have bashed Christianity for 5 years in the forum called them racists, genocide enablers, infanciders, cultural rapists and no one in this forum said anything. Notice the moment i say anything about Islam 'you're a racist' is the first card played.
I was very careful with my language. And I provided sources to the information I quoted.

I didn't call you racist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I appreciate your post, you're a good poster. It's not new in Denmark.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Copenhagen_shootings

plenty more if you search.

Yet you can post an image of Jesus but no one kills you for that.

Thank you. I do with you as well.

I think part of the problem with discussing Muslims and Islam is the grouping of [Muslims who take offense-Muslims who are outraged/furious-Muslims who make threats], and [extremists who plan/commit attacks] all under one umbrella.

Whereas I think there is a huge difference between extremists and the majority.

Reading the Jyllands wiki you linked told me it was more than just posting an image. It was posting a collection of 12 images with things like Muhammad with a bomb in his turban.
So I can understand outrage etc in some respect, but I think they should have been able to print it without fear.
I also think that with their history of anti-immigrant, 'Muslim bashing' that it takes away from the honesty of their 'free speech' position.

The response they received isn't justifiable. But the actions from extremists are separate and distinct.

I'm not sure how to put it across.
But I don't view it as 'a problem with Islam' per se, but using Islamic faith to radicalise people into extremism, who then go on to plan/commit atrocities.

An indirect comparison/example is Comet Ping Pong. Not drawing equivalence.
They didn't even do anything, but had radicalised extremists attacking them until I believe they've now closed down.
And not just attacking Comet Ping Pong, but also other Businesses.

People can be radicalised into extremism with whatever tools are available.
And it's important to keep a distinction between a general Muslim response/outrage, and extremism.

Reading the Jyllands wiki you linked told me it was more than just posting an image. It was posting a collection of 12 images with things like Muhammad with a bomb in his turban.
Excellent post, thanks for having a rational conversation.

Well it's mostly cause he was a brutal commander. Depictions of warlord Mohammed was quite common in Charlie Hebdo editions. Theologically speaking it is so bizarre that Muslims treat Muhammad with such reverence, if the idea is that he is a man and not to be worshiped, then why not treat him as a normal man. In the cartoon his depiction was simply the modern day Muhammed who was a violent warlord.

So I can understand outrage etc in some respect, but I think they should have been able to print it without fear.
I also think that with their history of anti-immigrant, 'Muslim bashing' that it takes away from the honesty of their 'free speech' position.
Agreed.

The response they received isn't justifiable. But the actions from extremists are separate and distinct.

The protests happened all over the world in all Islamic countries. The burned Danish flags, threw stuff at Danish embassy officials, attacked Danish interests elsewhere. Still more than a quarter of British born Muslims sympathise by Charlie Hebdo murders. This is not a small number! the number will be much higher in Islamic nations.

I'm not sure how to put it across.
But I don't view it as 'a problem with Islam' per se, but using Islamic faith to radicalise people into extremism, who then go on to plan/commit atrocities.

But it's a result of lack of reformation in Islam. Christianity was radical, but then they reformed. If someone followed Judaism word for word, then it's the most Brutal religion around. Which other religion kills you for leaving the religion? i mean imagine the **** that goes in Pakistan if you say anything about Islam, even as a joke. How is this not a product of Islam? it has happened regularly to dismiss this as a one off event. Governments are powerless against public flogging.

People can be radicalised into extremism with whatever tools are available.
And it's important to keep a distinction between a general Muslim response/outrage, and extremism.
Mostly agreed. Vast majority of the Muslims are peaceful. There is no argument against that. But then again it's not a small number. More than a quarter of British Muslims sympathise with Hamas.

However my argument in this has been uncontrolled illegal migration. Lets say an ISIS fighter or someone who flogged someone to death in Pakistan is coming to seek refuge in EU. They must identify and get their background checked first, only then they should be able to apply for an asylum or proceed.

But this is racist apparently as seeking asylum is not illegal. I am ok with if if there is an even distrubtion of refugees throughout EU. But this isn't the case. The results are crackdown on freedom of speech cause they are offended.

Why did Denmark put the blasphemy laws back in place? so 4% of the population influenced the entire country to change their laws? yet us black fellas can't get a bloke into the parliament despite 40% support. See the difference?

Yes from the safety of his keyboard. He doesn't wish to go 6 feet under like Salman Rushdie (almost went 6 ft under) or Charlie Hebdo, the Danish cartoonist or the Swedish politician or the German AfD parliament member or many many such names went.

In the meantime since the Gaza war started

Jews in Denmark were advised not to wear Jewish symbols openly, Goldstein said.

This is happening in Germany too. If you leftists have a bleeding heart, why not a single post about this? Ah yes, doesn't go with the rhetoric that you actually hate Jews and Israelis.

Not racism, at all.

JFC
Another ridiculous argument.
Leftists didn't comment about Jews not wearing religious clothes in Denmark therefore they don't care.
FMD.

Do you have anything of substance?

There are children getting slaughtered by the 10's of thousands in Gaza. That is just a tiny little bit more important an issue than whether Jews are wearing religious clothes in Denmark.

And in case you haven't noticed, Jews are doing just fine highlighting how tough life is for them.
They even got a special envoy here in Australia to monitor how their feelings are getting hurt.

Do the children of Palestine have a special envoy to advocate for them?
Hells no.

Israel is killing journalists. That's how badly the Jews of Israel are trying to cover up their genocide of Palestinians.
That's the lengths they will go to.

Spare us this woe is me I can't wear a yamaka bullshit.
Show some ****ing humanity for the children of Palestine.

It is illegal, cause you don't know the rules. You are supposed to REGISTER for asylum at the FIRST country of entry. These are called Dublin rules. You are not supposed to country shop. From there, you can proceed to the country you wish to claim asylum in. How many people have sought SAFETY in Romania? Bulgaria? Croatia? Hungary? Lithuania? Czechia? etc? why Sweden, Netherlands ignoring the Dublin rules?

So what do we do about those 3 million refugees who have disappeared in Europe after being refused asylum and refused to go back to Italy, Bulgaria, Spain and Romania?????

If you are speaking law, then ****ing talk law, not rant like a madman possessed cause you ain't ****ing fooling anyone.

Here, repeat read, till you get it:

The European Commission offered new proposals Wednesday for overhauling the way the EU deals with refugees, calling on countries to act quickly to discourage “asylum shopping.”

The measures include stronger management of borders and development of legal methods for asylum-seekers to reach Europe. The Commission offered different options for reforming the Dublin regulation, which requires that refugees are registered in the country of arrival.

Austria has vetoed Bulgarian Schengen entry for so long saying 81% of the asylum seekers came through Bulgaria according to Frontex and applied asylum in Austria without any finger-printing or identification through transit countries. It includes, Bulgaria, Serbia, Hungary and Romania.

So country shopping is legal? please show me the relevant EU asylum laws stating this?????

Would you want people with violent religious background to come in? unidentified??? it's racist to say no is it???? just 1 month ago, a policeman died and 5 people were stabbed in a Pax Europa rally in Germany. Committed by a guy who had a violent past.

So what should we do? cannot give an opinion on migration? not criticise Islam?

A gift from people like you to all of us living in Europe.

Abusing me won't help. You have no idea about asylum rules or laws. Apparently country shopping is legal according to you.

What a load of crap.
Have to register first. LOL

Where do Syrians go to "register" prior to disembarking Syria?

Country shopping.
Another LOL.
You've hit the far right nut job bingo. Le Pen would be proud of you parroting her nonsense.

How TF do you know they have a violent religious background?
You are once again just making shit up.
Sure , some of them will commit crimes, even violent crimes, even violent religious crimes.
Every country in the world has jails. Every country in the world has criminals, violent criminals.
It's not anything new that some people are violent criminals.

The problem with your bullshit is that you want to collectively punish people for the potential actions of a few.
The evidence that you have in support of these potential future violent actions is nothing more than your imagination and hatred of Muslims.
That's it. That's all the evidence you have.
If we started locking up people based on someone's imagination and hatred of certain groups where would we end up?
Would you like them to lock up far right politicians because they have a potential to do bad things to a country?
No you wouldn't.
Basic common sense says apply the laws equally to everybody.
Nobody gets punished based on the imagination of another person.
That's not a difficult concept to grasp.

So after all that, we've come to the conclusion that religion is equally terrible in any guise. Something we totally agree on.

So what is your investment in the criticism of Islam given the fact it has zero threat to our liberal democratic way of life?
It's quite easy to argue that it is a threat to our way of life. Even the 'head in the sand' lefties here understand that religion is a threat to our freedoms. Look at the US and the Christian right for an example.

It's quite easy to argue that it is a threat to our way of life. Even the 'head in the sand' lefties here understand that religion is a threat to our freedoms. Look at the US and the Christian right for an example.
'Easy to argue'? Umm, no it isn't.

Bout 10 year ago, the 'islams' went full on 'we're gonna (insert whatever they say the book says)' in other words, convert the world to islam.

Last time I checked it isn't working for them, your 'argument' or 'fear' is unwarranted.

'Easy to argue'? Umm, no it isn't.

Bout 10 year ago, the 'islams' went full on 'we're gonna (insert whatever they say the book says)' in other words, convert the world to islam.

Last time I checked it isn't working for them, your 'argument' or 'fear' is unwarranted.

Islam is growing faster than christianity. Probably because christians keep killing each other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today.... part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back