Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today.... part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminder: This isn't the Israel/Hamas thread. Go to the Israel/Hamas thread if you want to talk about that. Thanks.

Last edited:
That headline from the ABC and the way they have phrased that in actual contradiction to what ASIO is saying is ****ing disgusting

Burgess says ASIO anticipates an increase in politically motivated violence, including terrorism across all ideological spectrums as "polarisation, frustration and perceived injustices grow".

"At this stage, we do not believe any of the terrorist plots we have investigated in the last year have been inspired by Gaza," Mike Burgess says.

What he is saying is due to the heightened political tension, they expect antisemitic, white nationalist and Islamophobic attacks to occur.

It's like how the cookers are burning down London at the moment due to 'Muslim migrants bad' even though the person they're angry about seems to be a native born crazy person and not a migrant Jihadi.

What he is saying is due to the heightened political tension, they expect antisemitic, white nationalist and Islamophobic attacks to occur.

It's like how the cookers are burning down London at the moment due to 'Muslim migrants bad' even though the person they're angry about seems to be a native born crazy person and not a migrant Jihadi.
I'm aware of what he's saying, the ABC headline saying the war in Gaza is the primary driver of this is the part I take issue with

I'm aware of what he's saying, the ABC headline saying the war in Gaza is the primary driver of this is the part I take issue with

Why?

We've already seen heightened tensions against the Jewish and Muslim communities as a consequence, misinformation is rife online, certain 'news' outlets like Sky News fanning the fires, and conspiracy theorists and White nationalist types are on the outskirts of this whole thing as well (because 'Israel').

There is every chance some cooker takes it on himself to target a Mosque, Synagogue, Parliamentary office or whatever.

Why?

We've already seen heightened tensions against the Jewish and Muslim communities as a consequence, misinformation is rife online, certain 'news' outlets like Sky News fanning the fires, and conspiracy theorists and White nationalist types are on the outskirts of this whole thing as well (because 'Israel').

There is every chance some cooker takes it on himself to target a Mosque, Synagogue, Parliamentary office or whatever.
what do you think the average punter is going to read out of the headline war in Gaza increases risk of terrorism in Australia

in a climate where Antisemitism and Islamophobia are rampant and being driven by the media and politicians

where misinformation is rife and the national broadcaster is running these sorts of lazy headlines and first summary point

1722839208181.png

Freedom of expression is referring to opinions.

You're not expressing an opinion by burning a book to warm yourself.

You are expressing an opinion if you are burning a book to make a statement to someone or the world about that book.

If you're burning a book to try to silence someone elses opnion - it's not freedom of expression. The phrase freedom of expression also generally refers to the right to recieve someone else's opinion, which is what is trying to be denied in this example. You're denying the freedom of expression of others with this example

All of that is different to the rights which you're talking about.
Yeah, I might be guilty of playing semantics, toying with morality and philosophical principles.
What is worse though, burning a Quran that I just ordered on Amazon or burning the Basmala manuscript, both are the Quran right, there’s a few scriptural differences, one is irreplaceable, the other is a cheap poorly produced reproduction of a book I have little to no respect for?
Now, if someone were to hold the Beatles Rubber Soul master tapes and the Basmala manuscript and threatened to throw either on a fire but it was my choice, which would you guess I’d go for, given both are culturally irreplaceable?(despite me ‘begging the question’).
Whom do we charge with ISIS or the Taliban destroying human cultural heritage sites/statues/places of worship?
Whom do we seek justice from after Rio Tinto knowingly blew up 50,000 year old cave art?
What is more important?
How do we assign levels of importance?

Yeah, I might be guilty of playing semantics, toying with morality and philosophical principles.
What is worse though, burning a Quran that I just ordered on Amazon or burning the Basmala manuscript, both are the Quran right, there’s a few scriptural differences, one is irreplaceable, the other is a cheap poorly produced reproduction of a book I have little to no respect for?
Now, if someone were to hold the Beatles Rubber Soul master tapes and the Basmala manuscript and threatened to throw either on a fire but it was my choice, which would you guess I’d go for, given both are culturally irreplaceable?(despite me ‘begging the question’).
Whom do we charge with ISIS or the Taliban destroying human cultural heritage sites/statues/places of worship?
Whom do we seek justice from after Rio Tinto knowingly blew up 50,000 year old cave art?
What is more important?
How do we assign levels of importance?

Burning books is virtue signalling. Just put it in the recycling bin.

what do you think the average punter is going to read out of the headline war in Gaza increases risk of terrorism in Australia

They'll read that the war in Gaza likely increases the risk of terrorism in Australia.

Which it does.

Hamas and Hezbollah are literal Terrorist originations, and Israel have just assassinated leaders of both groups. It's safe to say a response is coming from each group aimed at Israel, and you never know what the White Nationalist numpties are going to do either (who are no friends of the Jews either).

Within that political atmosphere, it's not exactly beyond the pale to contemplate a potential attack happening in Australia.

We've literally had Salaffi Jihadis plotting all sorts of attacks at the urging of ISIL remember?

Burning books is virtue signalling. Just put it in the recycling bin.
Lol, what if I dislike the poetry of Rumi and it is my desire to put it to ashes?
I don’t tell a living human, I chuck a book of Rumi poetry on my fire, heat up a few marshmallows, how am I virtue signalling, to whom am I virtue signalling?
You’re trying too hard aren’t you?

Lol, what if I dislike the poetry of Rumi and it is my desire to put it to ashes?
I don’t tell a living human, I chuck a book of Rumi poetry on my fire, heat up a few marshmallows, how am I virtue signalling, to whom am I virtue signalling?
You’re trying too hard aren’t you?

Burning books is a sign of intolerance isnt it?

Isnt your criticism of the Religious based on their intolerance?

'He that fights monsters' and all that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you say 'huge protests', are you referring to the mob violence by far right extremists fuelled by misinformation online that it was a terrorist act by a migrant when neither is true? And how exactly does that relate to Islam?
weren't there riots/protests in Leeds two weeks ago that were mostly young muslim men because of kids being removed from a home for their own well being?

Maybe the UK has some big broad issues that need fixing with their youth on both side so the spectrum

weren't there riots/protests in Leeds two weeks ago that were mostly young muslim men because of kids being removed from a home for their own well being?

Maybe the UK has some big broad issues that need fixing with their youth on both side so the spectrum
No. The children in that case were Roma, and anti-Roma discrimination and child removals continues to be a massive thing in Britain (and, indeed, in most of Europe).

I'll note that the social worker responsible has since been removed from the case and the children returned to an uncle (though not, at this stage, the parents).

There were a number of reports accusing Muslims of being involved in the rioting, which often turned out to be local elected councillors trying to calm people down and to stop them burning things.

Y'know, I'm not going to bother other than to stay as I've always said.

Unchecked 'migration' never ends well.
Where is this unchecked migration happening?

Refugees were being stockpiled by the Tories in the UK. They simply stopped processing them and put them in hotels or their awful prison barge.

Bussed-in yobs are now attacking hotels and indeed any dark-skinned people in the street.

This is down to the grifters like Farage, and they should see justice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today.... part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back