Why I hate.....

Remove this Banner Ad

RogerDean

Senior List
Oct 24, 2012
Great Ocean Road
AFL Club
Richmond
I used to hate Melbourne. They had brutes like Bob Johnson and Barassi who tormented the Tigers and laughed us off whenever they played us...because we were crap- really crap. But I've changed.
I've changed tho... I have a son and grandson who both barrack for the Demons so I cant reasonably hate them anymore, so I've decided that I hate Geelong.
It started when I'd go to Kardinia Park occasionally, just to check out the vast numbers of Geelong supporters wearing navy polyester track suit tops, olive colored garbadine slacks and aviator sunnies, oh, and pr0n star moustaches, but last year I went to that Geelong game where they towelled us up.
This was the game where their supporters came down and spat at supporters in our cheer squad...the game where their supporters have an apoplexy when a Geelong player stumbles over his own feet and isn't awarded a free kick.
This is as nasty and ignorant a crowd as Ive ever come across; a crowd that expects Joel Selwood's apeals for free kicks to always be rewarded, where the crowd never has to confront opposition supporters. Never has to contend with anyone who questions as to whether 'the little master' seems to be slowly running out of tricks.This is a crowd who were rewarded with Maccas vouchers at that game- a cheeseburger for every ticket holder who boos enough to put an opposition player off when kicking for goal...serious- a cheese burger for booing. (Hello obesity!)
Yep..and you can add to that a cheer squad who have come up with the lamest banner run-through ever. It looks more like a giant plastic table cloth than a banner. Oh yes, by the way...its already cut in places to let the players through in safety! A cheer squad whose highest public profile is a supporter who has let their passion for the game cloud their judgement about style and self image. It's all just a little creepy.
I wont go into the boosters who think every new recruit is the second coming of christ, but after seeing their coach's sour assessment of last nights game.... a game where we fielded perhaps our weakest team for the year and still beat them. I'm really annoyed now! Yep Scotty, we are beatable...but no by you and your bunch of self satisfied pretenders

My ex barracks for the Geelong. We separated in 2007, a year where Geelong were premiers and Richmond won the spoon. There were a couple of digs from him regarding Ottens and how happy he must be at Geelong now. Well, a couple of years later my middle son said he wanted to follow Geelong. I told him, "Not if you ever want to eat again!" All my sons are Richmond supporters today but there were a couple of hairy moments. It was very hard when we were not very good!

Last edited:
I used to hate Melbourne. They had brutes like Bob Johnson and Barassi who tormented the Tigers and laughed us off whenever they played us...because we were crap- really crap. But I've changed.
I've changed tho... I have a son and grandson who both barrack for the Demons so I cant reasonably hate them anymore, so I've decided that I hate Geelong.
It started when I'd go to Kardinia Park occasionally, just to check out the vast numbers of Geelong supporters wearing navy polyester track suit tops, olive colored garbadine slacks and aviator sunnies, oh, and pr0n star moustaches, but last year I went to that Geelong game where they towelled us up.
This was the game where their supporters came down and spat at supporters in our cheer squad...the game where their supporters have an apoplexy when a Geelong player stumbles over his own feet and isn't awarded a free kick.
This is as nasty and ignorant a crowd as Ive ever come across; a crowd that expects Joel Selwood's apeals for free kicks to always be rewarded, where the crowd never has to confront opposition supporters. Never has to contend with anyone who questions as to whether 'the little master' seems to be slowly running out of tricks.This is a crowd who were rewarded with Maccas vouchers at that game- a cheeseburger for every ticket holder who boos enough to put an opposition player off when kicking for goal...serious- a cheese burger for booing. (Hello obesity!)
Yep..and you can add to that a cheer squad who have come up with the lamest banner run-through ever. It looks more like a giant plastic table cloth than a banner. Oh yes, by the way...its already cut in places to let the players through in safety! A cheer squad whose highest public profile is a supporter who has let their passion for the game cloud their judgement about style and self image. It's all just a little creepy.
I wont go into the boosters who think every new recruit is the second coming of christ, but after seeing their coach's sour assessment of last nights game.... a game where we fielded perhaps our weakest team for the year and still beat them. I'm really annoyed now! Yep Scotty, we are beatable...but no by you and your bunch of self satisfied pretenders
They have always been the same.
I was transferred to Geelong when working in a bank in early 1980 and Geelong was like Fitzroy and Footscray to me back then, largely irrelevant but harmless.
Within a season and a half of regularly going to Kardinia Park and living amongst the locals... I was supporting Carlton and Collingwood against them!!!

I have lived in Geelong all my life - and barracked for the Tiges since 1971. Has had a few tough moments, that's for sure.

Admire the club - very professional and a real pillar of the community. Have met a lot of players over the years - 99% good blokes. But, my God, their supporters - that's another thing.....

They're the most delusional club in the league at the moment - still think they're the calibre of 2007-11. The truth is they're bog average and it's masked by the theatrics of Dangerwood and co. Chris Scott is in denial of the fact he inherited a premiership and it's been all downhill from there. His belief that Geelong are close to par with us is comical.

Yes, Richmond are beatable but not by those plodders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 95 my then girlfriend was a cats supporter, we went to the preliminary final at Waverley and she gave me shit all day and night. ..i copped it wasn't happy but I copped it.. When Carlton spanked them in the grandfinal I gave her a bit back and she dumped me.... Anyway shows the calibre of cats supporters... ..
About a year later I slept with her sister... My was the fur flying after that

The press conference by Scott post-game now has the Cats comfortably in first place on my most hated list.

"They need a lot to go right for them to win it - no question"

"Yeah, they're a good team, but they're beatable"

**** off you absolute pillock. Beating your chest after your protected species team couldn't even beat the weakest team that we've put out for the year, what a side you've got. Reeks of desperation and delusion.

Also, I would say a team currently sitting outside the top eight needs more "to go right for them" in order to win the flag than one that will most likely finish 1st, thereby earning a double chance and at least two home finals, no?

Doubt we'll encounter Geelong in the finals, but if we do, I sincerely hope we smash these pretenders. The post-match presser will be compulsive viewing

The press conference by Scott post-game now has the Cats comfortably in first place on my most hated list."They need a lot to go right for them to win it - no question""Yeah, they're a good team, but they're beatable"**** off you absolute pillock. Beating your chest after your protected species team couldn't even beat the weakest team that we've put out for the year, what a side you've got. Reeks of desperation and delusion.Also, I would say a team currently sitting outside the top eight needs more "to go right for them" in order to win the flag than one that will most likely finish 1st, thereby earning a double chance and at least two home finals, no?Doubt we'll encounter Geelong in the finals, but if we do, I sincerely hope we smash these pretenders. The post-match presser will be compulsive viewing
Always compulsory as well when scotty loses....just for his jokes! :)

Carlton for me, nothing is more satisfying then us being on top and those cheating dirtbags in dead last. Pretty much every flag they’ve won since the 70s should have an asterisk next to it. Massive cheats.
And they’re supporters......there is no supporter base which has a higher unwarranted sense of achievement than Carlton supporters, they literally have been rock bottom for years but still will tell you how many flags they’ve won. Dead set twats

The press conference by Scott post-game now has the Cats comfortably in first place on my most hated list.

"They need a lot to go right for them to win it - no question"

"Yeah, they're a good team, but they're beatable"

**** off you absolute pillock. Beating your chest after your protected species team couldn't even beat the weakest team that we've put out for the year, what a side you've got. Reeks of desperation and delusion.

Also, I would say a team currently sitting outside the top eight needs more "to go right for them" in order to win the flag than one that will most likely finish 1st, thereby earning a double chance and at least two home finals, no?

Doubt we'll encounter Geelong in the finals, but if we do, I sincerely hope we smash these pretenders. The post-match presser will be compulsive viewing

Completely delusional and can only call himself a premiership coach because of Bomber Thompson's personal issues.

I was at that game with a Corio mate but we were in the other end in the seats under the scoreboard,Geelol fans leaning over the grand stands on the wing to take pot shots at us 5 mins from the end.

Then I drank myself silly at the Barwon Club,took a ride home on the train,pretty gutted and a Cats and Bomber fan tormented me all the way home,saying how we will never be good bla bla,how good the Cats were.

Rocked straight into Y and J’s,had a few more more jars and thought,our season aint over yet and was strangely calm after my mind check.

Walked out in a positive mood and Richmond reinforced my thoughts by winning the premiership.

I hope we do it again.

Drank a few too many pre gf with some bf brothers.

Had a Jaberbomb in y and js gf day and was ok after that.

The rest is history.

One premiership,they all thought we’d hide away,be the Richmond they want us to be but no,after many wins early this season,media starting crying out about the state of the game.

Richmond just keep on keeping on,playing brilliant football and closing off outside noise.

Carn you beautiful mighty Tigers!

It will take more than a chequebook and change of rules to take this club away.

In 95 my then girlfriend was a cats supporter, we went to the preliminary final at Waverley and she gave me shit all day and night. ..i copped it wasn't happy but I copped it.. When Carlton spanked them in the grandfinal I gave her a bit back and she dumped me.... Anyway shows the calibre of cats supporters... ..
About a year later I slept with her sister... My was the fur flying after that
Who was the better lay?

Remove this Banner Ad

Why I hate.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back