Will Collingwood win the flag?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really fussed it's a common term used for us over the years regardless of how we're traveling. All good fun n games.

Classic back track, you and I both know you ruled it out. I am confident the Swans will win because they have improved a great deal since last year, we only lost by a kick last year so given the improvement we should be right dont you think?

What happened last week is barely relevant, let alone "we only lost by a kick last year, so we will be alright".

Carlton lost by a kick to West Coast in a final last year - ergo, they thought that a flag would automatically follow in 2012.

Now how relevant was that loss by "less than a kick"?

Melbourne drew and lost by 1 solitary point against Collingwood in 2010 and their supporters trumpeted all summer 2010/11 on SEN that "Collingwood aren't that good...we blah blah blah...so, I reckon we will make the eight in 2011 easily".

Famous last words.

Essedon got up in ANZAC Day 2009 in very controversial circumstances...they used that Zaharakis goal as their membership drive for 2010...

They sacked their coach by the end of that season and haven't beaten us since.

Do it first...then you can tell me all about it.

What happened last week is barely relevant, let alone "we only lost by a kick last year, so we will be alright".

Carlton lost by a kick to West Coast in a final last year - ergo, they thought that a flag would automatically follow in 2012.

Now how relevant was that loss by "less than a kick"?

Melbourne drew and lost by 1 solitary point against Collingwood in 2010 and their supporters trumpeted all summer 2010/11 on SEN that "Collingwood aren't that good...we blah blah blah...so, I reckon we will make the eight in 2011 easily".

Famous last words.

Essedon got up in ANZAC Day 2009 in very controversial circumstances...they used that Zaharakis goal as their membership drive for 2010...

They sacked their coach by the end of that season and haven't beaten us since.

Do it first...then you can tell me all about it.
In your previous posts your were happy to talk about5 Swans only winning by a kick or two but not thats not allowed. I will be telling you about it when the Bloods get up dont worry about that. I cant wait top hear the excuse.

Mate you realise everything that is printed in the Herald Sun isn't true right? Your stories are humorous, SJ Chappy and Bartel up for trade but McCaffer only being shopped around to get a better wage??? hahah you should write for the Herald Dumb.

It's funny, YOU who does not even support the Handbaggers trying to say that all those trades were false, yet our Cats man on this thread remaining silent - because he knows it is TRUE.

FACT: Stevie J WAS offered to Collingwood. He even had a medical which because of his ankle, he failed. Otherwise we would have got Stevie J, Tarrant to Freo and Medhurst to Cats. That was the deal. At the time Tazz had kicked 50 goals or more four out of five seasons and had been AA in 2003, and Medhurst had kicked 89 goals in his first 40 games - Stevie J as yet hadn't done anything.

Bartel and Kelly were both shopped around for talls.

Geelong traded for Ottens to play fullforward.

Ottens failed at fullforward for the Cats, but then started playing better in the ruck than he had ever played in his life - a lucky break as it turned out, because he was a KEY component in the Cats three flags.

Mooney was taken from North and was pretty ordinary in his first few seasons at the Cattery - but they persisted because they had no one else. He improved out of sight and became a key from 2007 onwards.

Good drafting and trading is part of it, but Ottens and Mooney turned out master strokes, even if accidental in Ottens case and the retention of Stevie J - after there were no takers also had a happy ending, as the rocket he got focussed him to become an absolute star.

In your previous posts your were happy to talk about5 Swans only winning by a kick or two but not thats not allowed. I will be telling you about it when the Bloods get up dont worry about that. I cant wait top hear the excuse.

We will see plonker, we will see.

Less than a kick both times mate...not "or two".

We were down on teh bottom of the ladder practically and you were on your way to a flag and a R/U...on your home ground (we always play you up there, rarely here) and yet inspite of all the odds stacked in your favour, you still couldn't smash us like aa premiereship team should to a bottom four team.

Since then we have wiped our arse on your faces over and over again.

Well its got to happen some time! to be completely honest I dont actually think Swans will win it but I do think Pies will fold like they did last year. Having said that I think Swans will beat the Pies in Sydney in a few weeks. The Eagles played pretty ordinary footy on Sat and still got really close, Pies were close to their best footy. Eagles a better outfit for mine and will win the GF.

Haha close to our best...HAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA with no pendlebury or tarrant or sinclair?you're funny :pwe are set to build to our best throughout the 2nd half of the season all hopefully being well. The club said so in the preseason.We arent coached by malthouse anymore.
Oh god if we dont get anymore injuries(pleassssse dont) this is gonna be a great year :D
Be honest why do you think we will fold?is it because you have a valid reason or is it because you want us to because we could threaten your chances?.There is a difference.

Is it the coach who has just won 9 in a row that will be our downfall like you had hoped??
Is it because the players dont want to play for the coach?:rolleyes:
Is it because collingwood dont have a good record interstate???:rolleyes:
Is it because you've already forgotten about 2010????and how much it is like this year??its eerie.

I am not saying we are anywhere near a certainty,but you have to admit we are playing better than any of you buckley haters thought we would after round 3. Hopefully we can do it again.But whether we do it or not we will in the next few years.

Looks like cloke is staying,beams has said he wants to stay,ben reid wants to stay.

These guys know they have something special.you'll see just how special in the next 5 years.Mark my words.:thumbsu:

Haha close to our best...HAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA with no pendlebury or tarrant or sinclair?you're funny :pwe are set to build to our best throughout the 2nd half of the season all hopefully being well. The club said so in the preseason.We arent coached by malthouse anymore.
Oh god if we dont get anymore injuries(pleassssse dont) this is gonna be a great year :D
Be honest why do you think we will fold?is it because you have a valid reason or is it because you want us to because we could threaten your chances?.There is a difference.

Is it the coach who has just won 9 in a row that will be our downfall like you had hoped??
Is it because the players dont want to play for the coach?:rolleyes:
Is it because collingwood dont have a good record interstate???:rolleyes:
Is it because you've already forgotten about 2010????and how much it is like this year??its eerie.

I am not saying we are anywhere near a certainty,but you have to admit we are playing better than any of you buckley haters thought we would after round 3. Hopefully we can do it again.But whether we do it or not we will in the next few years.

Looks like cloke is staying,beams has said he wants to stay,ben reid wants to stay.

These guys know they have something special.you'll see just how special in the next 5 years.Mark my words.:thumbsu:

The haters are always going to hate.

The question this thread posed "Will Collingwood win the flag?" is fraught with the reality that Collingwood haters will hijack it and tell us why *their* team will win the flag.

Go over to the thread for season predictions and in practically every prediction, the person usally always chooses their team to win the premiership and in 90% of predictions, their team beats Collingwood in the Grand Final.

We evidently feature in the footy wet dreams of most fans it appears!

Hawk supporters predicting they will win the flag...against Collingwood.

Carlton flogs predicting they will win the flag...against Collingwood.

Ditto Geelong fans.

Ditto Swans fans.

You get the picture.

Yet WE are arrogant!

You have to laugh!

This young team Derek Hine has assembled will win a flag or two over the next five years - lock it in haters.

2010 arrived ahead of schedule...it was the youngest premiership team since Hawthorn 1978. We know what happened after that.

Geelong's team last year was the oldest premiership team since Fitzroy 1944. We also know what happened after that.

We now have a team that is even younger than the 2010 premiership team...and it will only get better.

The haters better get used to that...

A long way to go still but I am predicting that they will. :(

Don't look so sad matey...you had a golden run that most of us supporters of other teams can only dream of.

Three flags....man, what a DVD collection to cheer you up when you need it.

In any case, no one is over the line yet this season. A long, long way to go.

You are kidding yourself mate, are you taking the piss? Maxwell wishes he was half the player Harley was, Toovey is a nothing player and injury has nothing to do with this. McCaffer was used as trade bate in the pre season. Hahaha could you over rate these spuds any more?

We tried to trade Macaffer for Matthew Bate?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wowee!
These bloody alerts get annoying.

Filling up with Collingwood bogans wanting to exert their desktop-warrior-authority on me, simply for suggesting Collingwood won't win the flag this year :rolleyes:

Well done pensioners ;)

For what's it's worth, Collingwood won't even make top 4 because they will lose to Geelong, Sydney, West Coast and quite possibly either one of the Hawthorn or Essendon matches.

They have to be favourites, but it's quite an open competition this year. There doesn't appear to be one stand out team at the moment - I expect that might change in the next 5-6 weeks.

We "can" win the flag, no such thing as 'will' win the flag at the halfway mark of the season lol, think we deserve to be favourites with WC though, thread is troll bait.

wowee!

For what's it's worth, Collingwood won't even make top 4 because they will lose to Geelong, Sydney, West Coast and quite possibly either one of the Hawthorn or Essendon matches.

Here's another alert for ya. Ever thought of writing horoscopes? Predicting that the Pies would lose to the other to 8 sides (except Geelong) would have opposition supporters falling over themselves to read that. Admit it, you're about as clued up as a medium.

wowee!

Filling up with Collingwood bogans wanting to exert their desktop-warrior-authority on me, simply for suggesting Collingwood won't win the flag this year :rolleyes:

Well done pensioners ;)

For what's it's worth, Collingwood won't even make top 4 because they will lose to Geelong, Sydney, West Coast and quite possibly either one of the Hawthorn or Essendon matches.[/quote]

I AM SORRY I CANNOT HEAR YOU FROM UP HERE :thumbsu:
YOU'LL HAVE TO CLIMB HIGHER SO I CAN HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY,:p

This young team Derek Hine has assembled will win a flag or two over the next five years - lock it in haters.

2010 arrived ahead of schedule...it was the youngest premiership team since Hawthorn 1978. We know what happened after that.

Geelong's team last year was the oldest premiership team since Fitzroy 1944. We also know what happened after that.

We now have a team that is even younger than the 2010 premiership team...and it will only get better.

The haters better get used to that...

I smell a dynasty.

I made a thread predicting a Collingwood Dynasty, but as usual, it's getting shot down by opposition supporters.

wowee!

Well done pensioners ;)

This post is hysterically funny on so many levels.

Collingwood "bogans"?

I live in Kew...tell us which salubrious suburb you live in, winner?

So, we are going to go on a massive losing streak eh?

Too funny!

You are certifiably insane...but why should I expect anything better from someone who has racked up 2,352 posts in little more than three months?

Collingwood supporters, internet warriors?

Nah, it is you who sounds like a sado with no life to speak of trying to force your deluded opinions down everybody elses throat.

Tell me Internet Hero - do you top 100 posts a day regularly?

What a bell end!

I smell a dynasty.

I made a thread predicting a Collingwood Dynasty, but as usual, it's getting shot down by opposition supporters.

A thread like that would be troll bait.

No point brother, people will just attack you.

Have a great night! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back