Society/Culture Will the people rise?

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's an American guy talking about just that. He reckons Americans are too conditioned to do what they're told and not willing to fight for their freedoms like previous generations.

Yeah well he looks typical sunnies and cap, what I'd say is the Americans will look after themselves what ever generation!

Now what are the people supposed to be rising up against, will they demand no more virus, or is it no more climate change , both of which nothing much can be done about.
Virus takes patience wait for vaccine!
Climate changed has never stopped, because it started before humanity even existed.

So what are we gonna rise up against, the price of toilet paper??????????????????

The guy hits the nail squarely on the head in the first thirty seconds, but he doesn’t seem to understand it. He says we are free to do whatever we want so long as we aren’t hurting anyone else. The vast majority of Americans are willingly following stay at home orders, not because they’re sheep. But because they prefer not to sacrifice 500k to 3MM of their fellow Americans. I would liken it to Brits during the Battle of Britain, who took extreme measures to keep their homes dark at night during nazi bombing raids. Can you imagine being the arseh*le who says “I’m a free person and I’m going to open my windows and turn on all my lights, because you’re not going to tell me what to do!!!”

Stupid British sheep 🤦🏻‍♂️
bingo!

Australians do not, and never have had, the revolutionary character that Americans have had.

To summarise: no, there's no chance of us 'rising up'.
Americans don't have any real revolutionary character. What happened in the 1700s is hardly relevant. They're as meek as us despite their guns.

We would never have the guts to mimic the Arab Springs or South American riots etc and neither would US citizens because we won't and they won't die for what we believe in.

Americans don't have any real revolutionary character. What happened in the 1700s is hardly relevant. They're as meek as us despite their guns.

We would never have the guts to mimic the Arab Springs or South American riots etc and neither would US citizens because we won't and they won't die for what we believe in.
If our living standard was a 10th of what it is today like in much of the middle east and south america then sure we would.

If our living standard was a 10th of what it is today like in much of the middle east and south america then sure we would.

Anglos by nature don't seem to be as hot-blooded as Arabs/South Americans in my experience.

Americans have historically been more hot-blooded than other Anglos, but then again they have a more mixed population, and as herculez09 pointed out, their revolutionary character is mostly historical - now it's seemingly limited to a few protests and lone wolf mass shootings.

As others have said, a high standard of living is what precludes revolution in the west (well that along with high levels of liberty/freedom).

Which is what really makes the leaders of the American revolution extraordinary- they were wealthy.

As others have said, a high standard of living is what precludes revolution in the west (well that along with high levels of liberty/freedom).

Which is what really makes the leaders of the American revolution extraordinary- they were wealthy.

They apparently weren't exactly happy with London at the time, because London made noises about them engaging in ethnic cleansing of the natives.

They apparently weren't exactly happy with London at the time, because London made noises about them engaging in ethnic cleansing of the natives.

Wouldn’t surprise me. In fact I’m sure there are many factors/motives that led to American independence that aren’t prominently discussed in American history texts. I’ve always found the stamp tax an odd thing for a bunch of wealthy folks to risk their lives over.

Anglos by nature don't seem to be as hot-blooded as Arabs/South Americans in my experience.

Americans have historically been more hot-blooded than other Anglos, but then again they have a more mixed population, and as herculez09 pointed out, their revolutionary character is mostly historical - now it's seemingly limited to a few protests and lone wolf mass shootings.
Thats because our life is now pretty damn good. It can be better ofcourse but we dont have poverty anymore (we had to invent a relative poverty term because there was no one left who met the old definition), basically everyone has a roof over their head, we largely have equal rights. No populations of any race or culture have revolted under these conditions.

.... Except maybe the French.

We've never had to!

We are lucky to live in so-called free societies, and whatever you think that freedom means, doesn't matter, you have the choice as compared to other places that do rise up, those places like downtrodden middle eastern peoples and some other parts of the world where life is a drone until you die, our societies in the west whatever you think, are better run in a modern world. Even if some of it is bad, it is still better!

(I would bet, that Palestinian civilians men women and children that didn't carry any hatred or religious zeal, just wanted peace and good life, would turn into good Israeli citizens if they were given half the choice, and if Hamas and those Iranian backed Hezbollah maniacs just quit in Gaza or West Bank)

If the world had a crunch time and all the 7 to 8 billion people had a vote that would be followed through, EVERYONE, well 99%, would vote for the
"aim for freedom and democratic only governments" a set up of western democracies, everyone knows that, and even if they don't say so.

They know it inside, as a simple truth, whether you like it or not!

The American revolution btw, was a civil war in reality!

And yes we would die for what we believe in , but others have done it before us, because of them, we don't have to, yet, anyway, put our lives on the line.
When someone threatens your family and yourself and your society with the loss of your right to decide your own way, then you fight for it or you may as well be dead.

But our diggers' and Kiwis' and American marines and the Brits and western Europeans even the Russians ( WW2), these days, they set us up pretty well.

Look where refugees want to live? IN THE WEST!

Thats because our life is now pretty damn good. It can be better ofcourse but we dont have poverty anymore (we had to invent a relative poverty term because there was no one left who met the old definition), basically everyone has a roof over their head, we largely have equal rights. No populations of any race or culture have revolted under these conditions.

.... Except maybe the French.
I JUST LOVE THAT LAST COMMENT ABOUT OUR FRIENDS IN FRANCE. HA HA HA HA !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That revolutionary character you describe in Americans was the British blood in those continentals, the colonials, who were getting ripped off by their king (yes their King) with tea taxes and other things.
It was a civil war.

That revolutionary character you describe in Americans was the British blood in those continentals, the colonials, who were getting ripped off by their king (yes their King) with tea taxes and other things.
It was a civil war.

It wasn't the taxes themselves so much as they were getting taxed without having any kind of a voice/say in how they were governed. 'No taxation without representation' was the catch-cry I think.

.... Except maybe the French

Who gives a ****? That’s your biggest concern? Do you think NYers currently give a shit about visiting boyfriends and learner drivers...which that girls case is under review. They also changed rule re bf and gf.

You’re paranoid.
You call out another poster for being paranoid. Meanwhile, is paranoid about the bogeyman coming to get him. 🤪

You call out another poster for being paranoid. Meanwhile, is paranoid about the bogeyman coming to get him. 🤪
The only bogeymen are dumbarses who think they’re above the rules

A few posters (not many) in their 20s and 30s on here couldn’t give a shit, they’re more concerned with not being able to eat out, and the horror of police state/martial law..boo hoo.

Happily willing to sacrifice others to do so. Bet if a virus killed just their age group they’d have a different attitude..”stay inside everyone, stay inside..boo hoo”.
0698663E-6647-411E-BC1E-9095485D529C.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Will the people rise?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back