Society/Culture Will the people rise?

Remove this Banner Ad

How is any of that relevant to teenage girls being fined $1700 for having a driving lesson with mum, and politicians telling people who they can and can’t have sex with in their own home? How is any of that grounds for the forced closure of the law abiding businesses of firearms dealers?
Who gives a ****? That’s your biggest concern? Do you think NYers currently give a shit about visiting boyfriends and learner drivers...which that girls case is under review. They also changed rule re bf and gf.

You’re paranoid.

Rightfully so, they should fear an uprising.

I would hope at some point, your average Aussie punter is going to stand up to what’s unfolding and pushes back.

Yeah I doubt they will unfortunately, they have stood back and done nothing over an innocent young girl being fined $1700 for having a driving lesson. It's ludicrous. We should already be at the tipping point. People in this country are already too brainwashed not to question authority.

Who gives a ****? That’s your biggest concern? Do you think NYers currently give a shit about visiting boyfriends and learner drivers...which that girls case is under review. They also changed rule re bf and gf.

You’re paranoid.

Those things were only changed after a public backlash.

We are not NY or the USA. We need specific laws relevant to Australian Society and the situation we face here. These laws need to be explained with clear factual reasoning and evidence as well as the worse case they are referring.

Not uuhhhming and ahhhing for months, blatant inconsistencies, sloganeering and a lack of clarity or objective measurement.

Those things were only changed after a public backlash.

We are not NY or the USA. We need specific laws relevant to Australian Society and the situation we face here. These laws need to be explained with clear factual reasoning and evidence as well as the worse case they are referring.

Not uuhhhming and ahhhing for months, blatant inconsistencies, sloganeering and a lack of clarity or objective measurement.

Pretty much sums it up.

Average age of Italians dying is 80. Ours is similar. Havent seen stats for the US.

It may not just be killing old people, but its killing a fu**load of old people.

And a handful of younger people who had pre-existing medical conditions.

And one or 2 younger people where its unknown why they died, at the moment, but Im sure Coroners will find out.
So??

As Peter Singer as it sounds, like I said, is it worth losing our collective liberty and freedom, and the destruction of our entire economic and social frameworks, in order to save the lives of x percentage of the 75 and up demographic?

I don’t think so.
Depends how personal it is. If you have close relatives that are elderly you may feel protective and not want to see the immediate return of normalcy.

Just came across this...

If we work under the assumption that as with most things, we Australians will simply follow the US lead, according to this bloke, we could be looking at a 12 to 18 mth period of lockdown.

Surely, surely, the idea of a Stage 3 quasi Police State lockdown (such as we are now experiencing) lasting that long, is something which is completely and utterly outside the realms of acceptable reality for most Australian’s.

I personally think we are going to start seeing some awful stuff coming out just within the next month or so...surge in suicides, major spike in domestics gone fatal, neighbourhood squabbles gone fatal, people in apartment complexes reporting ‘strange smells’ from neighbouring apartments etc etc. I don’t even want to think what the effect of six months of this is going to be. And this guy is on about 12 to 18 months of it?

Surely at some point, the police have to back off, or at what can we expect some kind of civil uprising amongst a population who simply don’t want to live under a police state and just want their lives back?

When would the people rise?

View attachment 854765
Sorry, I'm out of the next revolution, I'm too busy watching the Masked Singer reruns and binging Stranger Things again.

Call me when you've won, I'll be barracking for your side. Which one are you on again?

You think so?

None of these new ‘powers’ concern you in the slightest?

Perhaps I should ask you, what basic human liberties, you aren’t prepared to give up in the name of Covid19?
Wiping my arse with my hand..

1586403090729.jpeg

Depends how personal it is. If you have close relatives that are elderly you may feel protective and not want to see the immediate return of normalcy.

Like I said, no one wants to see Nanna die, but at some point, you have to take emotion out of this.

I don’t want my my child, and my child’s future children, being condemned to a lifetime of economic poverty, disadvantage, and oppressive police control, so some aged pensioners (most with only 5 to 10 years of life left at most anyway), can be spared Covid19.

Last edited:
So in the grand scheme of things, hardly anyone other than sick old people are dying.

Yet here we are demanding the government lock us up in our houses and fine us $1,600 when we teach our kids to drive or go to our girlfriend's house.
Respect for the elders?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like I said, no one wants to see Nanna die, but at some point, you have to take emotion out of this.

I don’t want my my child, and my child’s future children, being condemned to a lifetime of economic poverty, disadvantage, and oppressive police control, so some aged pensioners (most with only 5 to 10 years of life left at most anyway), can be spared Covid19.
Holy heck on so many levels.

Are you prepared to say all that to your grandparents?

Are you prepared to say all that to your grandparents?

My grandparents are all deceased, but I’m sure if they were here, there prime consideration would of been the future of there grandchildren, and great grandchildren.

Thus, it wouldn’t of even been something I needed to say.

I nearly fell of my chair when I turned on the news this morning and saw 2,000 Americans had died of this thing yesterday (900+ in the UK).

I am not suggesting this isn’t a gravely serious global issue, but part of me feels like why doesn’t everyone just get exposed to it, and work toward some kind of herd immunity scenario. Like those chicken pox parties mums used to send there kids too back in the day. Certainly many will die from this approach, but who is to say these vulnerable people wouldn’t of died anyway? I know that’s incredibly harsh and selfish, but we simply can’t allow civilisation to grind to a halt over a virus with such a low mortality rate.

Sweden seems to be actively trying this approach. Nothing is shut down over there. If it works I hope they tell the world. On the other hand if it fails I hope the world knows as well.

So in the grand scheme of things, hardly anyone other than sick old people are dying.

Yet here we are demanding the government lock us up in our houses and fine us $1,600 when we teach our kids to drive or go to our girlfriend's house.
Your life is worth NO MORE than anyone else's.

You have a selfish narcissists viewpoint.
You don't get to say who deserves to live or die.
Get over yourself!

Sweden seems to be actively trying this approach. Nothing is shut down over there. If it works I hope they tell the world. On the other hand if it fails I hope the world knows as well.
nearly 700 dead.
Depends how you value human life whether you determine that a success or not.

Your life is worth NO MORE than anyone else's.

You have a selfish narcissists viewpoint.
You don't get to say who deserves to live or die.
Get over yourself!

Would propose that the selfish narcissists, are the people who have already lived the majority of there lifespan, and now expect the younger generations to live the rest of there lives in poverty and oppression, just so they can eek out a couple of more years/months sat at home falling asleep in there easy chair, watching Antiques Roadshow and listening to Alan Jones.

nearly 700 dead.

That's the thing, isn't it? They're banking on a short-game scenario with a high death rate initially but the survivors, having been exposed to the virus, now having immune systems that pump out the antibodies and as a collective 'dead-ending' remaining clusters of infection.

Social distancing/lockdown works in a remarkably similar way except the viral infection clusters we wish to isolate are actual human beings - by cutting off most human-to-human contact the remaining clusters of infection (infected people) are 'dead-ended'. This is the long game though. Lower death rate but a larger immediate and medium-term impact on society.

Two schools of thought at play.

nearly 700 dead.

It’s not just about valuing human life.

It’s about making sure our children have a future once this is over.

I personally don’t want them living in an economically collapsed police state, but maybe that’s just me?

It’s not just about valuing human life.

It’s about making sure our children have a future once this is over.

I personally don’t want them living in an economically collapsed police state, but maybe that’s just me?
It's in for 6 months minimum. So put on your big boy pants and adapt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Will the people rise?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back