Review Will the Real Fremantle Please Stand Up? Freo Belt Melbourne at the G

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win yesterday guys, I actually had a sneaky suspicion you might cause the upset but awesome to watch it happen. Don't think Melbourne are as far away from the pack as the media makes out and you guys seem to be showing up for the bigger matches. Thoroughly enjoy the way you guys play at the moment, would love to see you go all the way this year.

Since you guys have been rebuilding for a while I just thought I might ask a question or two.

1) What were these boards like over the last couple years eg were most of you here bullish about what was emerging or were you feeling doom like the rebuild wasn't going to plan because of failing to make finals etc? I'm curious just to gauge sentiment to compare to what's going on over at the Crows board.

2) What do you think is the biggest change between last year & this year that's seen you rocket up the ladder & just playing such strong football most weeks?

1) Up and down depending on the weekends results!

2)
  • Will Brodie
  • Close to leagues worst injury list each year for the last 4-5 years kept us lower on the ladder / higher in the draft than we naturally would otherwise have been. Coupled with astute drafting we now have a sensational young list that are finally getting on the park. The future looks bright

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You guys are hilarious. Melbourne would have lost to any team incl North and Eagles yesterday. They barely had a 100% fit player out there even Petracca was ill on Sat morning.
Loads of key players missing so Swans will likely beat Melb next Saturday as well even without Buddy.
Freo had19 points at half time.The game should of been over.
You got very lucky.
Freo best dry weather side?😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
17 wins in a row including a premiership and you’re going to come over here with that salty crap?

Learn to lose with some grace and humility and until then fcuk off from our board you piss ant troll.

17 wins in a row including a premiership and you’re going to come over here with that salty crap?

Learn to lose with some grace and humility and until then fcuk off from our board you piss ant troll.
It's sad that some unintelligent slobbering goondick pissface has to come in and slather junket bong-induced trolling w***ery, but the more we rise to it, the more these muppets crack their fingers.....until mum calls them down for their meatloaf and tea

Will Ferrell Movie GIF by filmeditor

Everyone's raving about Brodies handballs (which are elite) but geez he is good off both feet.

Can distribute the ball bloody well.

I think what makes him good is he knows his limitations. Doesn’t go for grass cutter passes, just takes the options by foot he knows he can hit. Weights the ball well

Sexual chocolate! "I've traced the call Melbourne, and it's coming from inside your house!"
GREAT LINE!
too true, I don't normally like Dwayne but that was a classic! Luckily we had Huddo and even Lyon was emphatic about the way we dismantled the reigning Premiers...despite the fact I'm typing on a desktop I'm struggling to sit still, been like it for the past 3 hours. I haven't felt this good for many many a moon :)

I know J-lo preaches a "cool head", and I get why that's necessary for the club - but who says it has to apply to us fans?! Hahaha.....it's hard to come down from such a high when it's THAT good....and yet we still have business to attend to, we're only half way there. heck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win yesterday guys, I actually had a sneaky suspicion you might cause the upset but awesome to watch it happen. Don't think Melbourne are as far away from the pack as the media makes out and you guys seem to be showing up for the bigger matches. Thoroughly enjoy the way you guys play at the moment, would love to see you go all the way this year.

Since you guys have been rebuilding for a while I just thought I might ask a question or two.

1) What were these boards like over the last couple years eg were most of you here bullish about what was emerging or were you feeling doom like the rebuild wasn't going to plan because of failing to make finals etc? I'm curious just to gauge sentiment to compare to what's going on over at the Crows board.

2) What do you think is the biggest change between last year & this year that's seen you rocket up the ladder & just playing such strong football most weeks?
The boards were a bit ugly.

The biggest changes have been on the fitness side, especially getting rid of players with long term injuries and figuring out how not to create more of them. But many things are going well.

Drafting having a focus on character has been a huge positive especially the Vic boys. Sure Cerra left (there is a case to be made that we have improved our list every time someone has left apart from Neale) but the others look happy and committed.

The optimism we have is because we are aware of the talent coming through that is yet to develop; Amiss, Erasmus, Johnson, Henry, Treacy and O'Driscoll in particular.

You guys are hilarious. Melbourne would have lost to any team incl North and Eagles yesterday. They barely had a 100% fit player out there even Petracca was ill on Sat morning.
Loads of key players missing so Swans will likely beat Melb next Saturday as well even without Buddy.
You got very lucky.
You seem like a dumb campaigner

Nice rational and balanced post, thanks.
My advice for the Crows would be to trade some of those young guys you've recruited recently. From memory there's a tallish guy and a smallish guy, both taking up space in the forward line.

We could give you some experienced players to help you out. Tucker for example, and Banfield is coming into his prime.

Tuned into ABC radio on the way home this morning they were “analyzing” our game.
It’s like they didn’t watch it or are just stupid.

When asked what JL had switched at half time to change things They seriously couldn’t think of one reason Freo got on top in the middle after half time. It’s just the vibe of the thing apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My advice for the Crows would be to trade some of those young guys you've recruited recently. From memory there's a tallish guy and a smallish guy, both taking up space in the forward line.

We could give you some experienced players to help you out. Tucker for example, and Banfield is coming into his prime.
Banfield for Thilthorpe. Fair trade. I mean, you're getting Adam Cerra for free!

Was the third quarter yesterday our best quarter ever or does it remain the second quarter in the 2013 prelim v Sydney?

Can't think of a better

You got very lucky.
Join date June 2021.

Candidate for worst ever "supporter"?

Got to give Freo some kudos for pulling a "feel good" PR with the Youngy signing too, it lifted everyone's spirits and we got back on track with a positive-inducing performance....got to back it up now chaps. It's crucial going forward if we're to seriously challenge :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Will the Real Fremantle Please Stand Up? Freo Belt Melbourne at the G

Remove this Banner Ad

Back