Review Will the Real Fremantle Please Stand Up? Freo Belt Melbourne at the G

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair, the first half v Sydney PF 2013 probably the best half ever.
But today was up there as one of our best in years. The second quarter just grinding grinding.
Lobb with a huge second goal from 50m out suddenly had us within 13. Just dominated the best midfield in clearances even centre clearances. Gawn was back to his normal self. Darcy just peppered him with tapwork.
Jlo changed the message big time. Players played on often after marking. Set us really well going forward
First half of 2012 elimination final was our best ever IMO

If you had bet your house on Freo against Gold Coast, you’d be down a house.

If you then bet your house on Freo against Pies, you’d be down 2 houses.

If you then bet your house against the Dees, you’d have won 4.7 houses and be up 2.7 houses since betting houses.
I hope you actually own a real estate empire off this one

Every single AFL showvon Foxtel and free to air, every podcast and radio station should devote this week to Freo. Endless discussion and applause for the team that killed Melbourne Demons!

If you had bet your house on Freo against Gold Coast, you’d be down a house.

If you then bet your house on Freo against Pies, you’d be down 2 houses.

If you then bet your house against the Dees, you’d have won 4.7 houses and be up 2.7 houses since betting houses.

Dale Alcock Bigfooty burner account confirmed

Banfield is a perfect Medi Sub option. Came on and impacted in Tabs absence.
Cox came off last week with a mystery illness/injury (he's playing today) because he wasn't having an impact, so Collingwood ran on some fresh, more mobile legs.

JL learns pretty damn quick.

Every single time he handballed i had to make a remark about how good they are because theyre just THAT good

I'm literally on the edge of my seat for every Freo game from start to finish, so the biggest compliment I can give Brodie is I'm suddenly calm when I see him swoop on a ball... because I know with absolute certainty that a) he'll pick it up cleanly first time, b) he'll release it to a teammate in a better position and we'll be away.

Cox came off last week with a mystery illness/injury (he's playing today) because he wasn't having an impact, so Collingwood ran on some fresh, more mobile legs.

JL learns pretty damn quick.
Nah. Tabs did hurt his back. You could see him struggling and trying to stretch his back on the far wing after a contest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm literally on the edge of my seat for every Freo game from start to finish, so the biggest compliment I can give Brodie is I'm suddenly calm when I see him swoop on a ball... because I know with absolute certainty that a) he'll pick it up cleanly first time, b) he'll release it to a teammate in a better position and we'll be away.
Martini glass emoji

That has got to be in the top handful of wins in Fremantle history.

To go over there with such an inexperienced team and knock off the unbeaten juggernaut on their own deck... to be able to minimise the damage in the second when they were at their relentless best... to be able to turn the tables so comprehensively in the third and smash them at their own game... and then to finish with such a cool and calm professional performance in the last... just magnificent!
Agreed. I was very happy the way we eventually slowed them down in Q2] and didn’t let them keep that run and gun out of the middle going. That was almost as important as the simply outstanding efforts by all in Q 3. Maybe now Freddy will trust himself a bit more to really use that pace!

Really stoked about Sonny's game today. To be honest, there was something about his absence during the Suns game that made the forward line feel very empty. Made me realise that his presence is somehow important without it being overt.

Seems like something has woken up in him since last week. Fingers crossed that those old neural pathways were given the spark he needs to finish his career with a bang!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Will the Real Fremantle Please Stand Up? Freo Belt Melbourne at the G

Remove this Banner Ad

Back