Review Will the Real Fremantle Please Stand Up? Freo Belt Melbourne at the G

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I am in shock looking at the final score.

I live in Sydney so had a family dinner booked in for 6:30 basically left home at half time for those of you in WA.

And haven't watched a minute of the 2nd half. Only saw the 1st half.

Can someone please explain what the hell happened and how a game could turn so much. We didn't even look like scoring in that 2nd quarter.

I'll have to wait tomorrow to watch the 2nd half when it becomes available. But gee it must have been one of the greatest halves of football Fremantle has ever played to not only scrape a win but smash Melbourne by 38 points.

I left home we were down by 25 points.

WTF.....

I'll have to wait tomorrow to watch the 2nd half when it becomes available. But gee it must have been one of the greatest halves of football Fremantle has ever played to not only scrape a win but smash Melbourne by 38 points.
Narrator: It was

I live in Sydney so had a family dinner booked in for 6:30 basically left home at half time for those of you in WA.

Can someone please explain what the hell happened and how a game could turn so much. We didn't even look like scoring in that 2nd quarter.

WTF.....

hulk smash GIF

Every time my Brother in Law says something good about Freo I put myself in the corner and stare at the wall for ten minutes...

Edit: BTW I was wearing purple like my kids till the middle of the second quarter. Whacked on the 2013 granny whites after binning the purples.

Freo get in the bin!

Might need to do that more often?

Last edited:

WTF.....
Freo dominated clearances in the third and rained goals from that dominance out of the bounce.

I can't wait till tomorrow to watch it once becomes available on either foxtel go or AFL website.

Was Garry Lyon squirming. He was pretty chuffed in the 1st half.
Need Kayo my friend, even to make an account for a free trial then cancel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just quietly, your crowd today has been absolutely next level. Outnumbered for obvious reasons but extremely loud - louder than our crowd.

Like your actual team, can't fault them in any way. Kudos and congrats. 🟣 :mwcirlce:
Love you man. Class act as always 👏

Interesting outcome on that toady. Just his ability to take a contested mark is def an advantage.
His enthusiasm and willingness to commit. He’s growing more and more into the clubman you’d want on your team. Defence was so much better with more run.
Walker just kept Pickett honest all game plus his run off half back. Massive

WTF.....

Darcy and our centre midfielders decided to turn up very early in the second half and went bang bang with back to back centre square goals. This lifted the whole group and the intensity that we brought for much of the rest of the third half was among the best that we have had all season. We took the lead and to be honest I reckon we shocked the heck out of them. Confidence is a great thing because we saw a range of stuff you wouldn't have expected; a fake and run around the man then goal for 45+ from Frederick, and some other completely audacious things that, when we are in our shell, you just don't see us doing.

WTF.....
To be fair, the first half v Sydney PF 2013 probably the best half ever.
But today was up there as one of our best in years. The second quarter just grinding grinding.
Lobb with a huge second goal from 50m out suddenly had us within 13. Just dominated the best midfield in clearances even centre clearances. Gawn was back to his normal self. Darcy just peppered him with tapwork.
Jlo changed the message big time. Players played on often after marking. Set us really well going forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Will the Real Fremantle Please Stand Up? Freo Belt Melbourne at the G

Remove this Banner Ad

Back