Will you be booing Gary Ablett at Skilled Stadium?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
what reaction will you be giving garry ablett at skilled stadium?

Its stupid to boo a legend of the game regardless of what club he has, did play for or is..even if it was for example a Judd or Pendlebury ect.

I do however think we need to give him 1 BIG boo and then move on...just so he knows again of what we think, however will then move on...if everyone can give him 1 boo it will get it out of our system and help the grieving process.

First time into this thread.

The title is all wrong. The OP isn't asking a question, he is demanding it happen.

12 posts in the first 37 says it all.
We've got ourselves a one man crusade.

Sadly, now in AFL as just about anything its all about the money. I doubt if even Mother Theresa would have been able to resist the offer he was given
Throw in his 'tainted' relationship with Bomber and I dont blame him at all.

Love to get a lend of him for the finals though

And No, I would never boo him - He is a champion

Re: will you be booing garry ablett at skilled stadium?

only at geelong would this happen, to be frank i reckon pendleburry swan or thomas wouldnt have the guts to walk out on collinwood like ablett did because of the clubs reaction, he would get spat on that many times in public and abused, their are three superpower clubs ahead of us in the history of the AFL, and every one of them would give their players hell if they ever had the guts to do it to their side

Is this the sort of culture you are condoning? If this is what is being part of your big 3 is then you had better mandate an IQ of < 80 as well. I certainly won't be jeering Gaz but I won't be cheering either. His decision was counter GFC culture but he has a right to personal choice and performed admirably for us till the end. We are Geelong and our brand is unique , let this be forever so !!

what reaction will you be giving garry ablett at skilled stadium?

at first i wasnt as annoyed about it, but since watching the events unfold after with GWS chasing names, it seems the only superstar player who is going to take the cash and run is ablett.

is thomas going to take the money and run? is pendleburry or swan? murphy gibbs or franklin? not a single other big name is going to take the big pay rise and run, so what does this tell us about ablett? being the only player to take the big dollars and head for the valey, it proves to all of us what we saw every time this man got up and spoke infront of the media, that he is a very hollow headed individual with shallow thinking capabilities and nothing more

i know the majority of you respect him and will disagree with booing him and showing him little respect, but the fact is if this was carlton collingwood or hawthorn who lost their star player, they would be letting him know about it till the day he died what they think of his decision to walk out, when it comes to an assertive dominant nature our club is passive, its shows on the trade table and its going to show with the way we react to ablett at skilled stadium also.

like i said, if this was lance franklin or dale thomas, the fans would be ripping his head off each time he touched the ball.

i say let the hollow headed bloke have it

I can see with what you are saying and do agree about how none of the other stars have taken the money and ran ect and this "it proves to all of us what we saw every time this man got up and spoke infront of the media, that he is a very hollow headed individual with shallow thinking capabilities and nothing more" I see what your saying....and i agree...but we dont need to really Boo him for the rest of the year like a Collingwood ect would do, cos we know they are bogans..so why be one ourselves...

It also sucks he was not only a star but a Ablett..so sucks hed leave the club with the name ect...also it appears the "passion" in football has gone...go back to the 80s and 90s and he would of coped a huge BOO, just the people who watch football now are not the grass roots stuff it used to be....You get people who really have got no idea and just like to watch....and its funny cos if they were coaching or had anything to do with footy they would be crap cos taking no risk is the biggest risk of all.

Everyone can deal with it the way they chose....Who cares what others think... I applaud you for going against the grain and saying Ablett is a ass for leaving...about time! Its like the old cleeshay in local sport " we don't play to win", we do we keep score then? and bull crap....its sport, its competitive.

Dont boo peoples!!!!!!

Remember Leigh Colbert said it made it play better if anything.

DO NOT BOO.

I would rather hear the sounds of tumbleweeds float thru KP when Gary goes near the ball. Would be much more effective imo. (unfortunately it just wont happen tho).

Ablett did well for the club so I will support him along the lines of Jim Boy's sentiments, even though I will not be there (well most likely). **** Leigh Colbert, as he is the biggest Judas **** going around but he got his just desserts with North turning to shit.

there are 2 distinct camps

Given he said that if he won a premiership with Gold Coats it would mean more than the two at GFC he can stay there and piss off.

He did not win the 09 flag by himself. He didn't even win the norm smith.

As for 2010 he did derail our season in parts.

He chose the gold, and he can piss off to his fake mates.

As for the most skillful, another load of crap. Polly was more skillful.
As for his loyalty, well he did sell every piece of merchandise whilst he could to rip off everyone as much as possible and wanted 100% of the profits.

This player is a shit bloke.

When did he say that?

If that's true, then that's it:mad:

No won't boo Gary, he is a champion player, used to be ours and now isn't. LIke may others, Wade, Andrews , Bews , Burke, Scott he went to another team for opportunities. Colbert went for the same reason but made the stupid remark about wanting to playing for a premiership team.

No purpose in it, you will sound like the yobbo Hawthorn, Essendon, Richmond and just about every other team supporters who seem to boo at everything these days, including a legitimate mark and kick at goal.
Boring and stupid.
Reserve your boos for dirty players on the day and dumb umpiring decisions.

When did he say that?

If that's true, then that's it:mad:

GOLD Coast captain Gary Ablett says winning a premiership with the Suns will be more satisfying than either of the two he played in with his former club Geelong.
"If we can win a premiership down the track, I think that would be even more satisfying than the 2007 and 2009 Grand Finals."
http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=115308

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is either a dumb ass or he is not. He says what he thinks he is supposed to say according to whoever/whatever is going on. What he says now and does now are irrelevant to us today.

As a Club and as a supporter base we are better than to boo him or disrespect what he did with and for the mighty Cats.

No won't boo Gary, he is a champion player, used to be ours and now isn't. LIke may others, Wade, Andrews , Bews , Burke, Scott he went to another team for opportunities. Colbert went for the same reason but made the stupid remark about wanting to playing for a premiership team.

No purpose in it, you will sound like the yobbo Hawthorn, Essendon, Richmond and just about every other team supporters who seem to boo at everything these days, including a legitimate mark and kick at goal.
Boring and stupid.
Reserve your boos for dirty players on the day and dumb umpiring decisions.

Don't get me started on this crap...... Was disgusted at the bombers game the other week to hear their halfwit supporters booing EVERY set shot we had at goal..

To reply to the actual topic, No i won't boo..... Hopefully we smash them and he has a dirty day and really just wants to be anywhere but at Skilled in that uniform, that will be enough for me

This.

If you had achieved pretty much everything possible in your current job, and were offered twice the money to do a very similar job at another firm, also involving a new and eciting challenge - would you take it? I ****ing would in a heartbeat.

There is as good as no loyalty from clubs to players now, so why do people expect different from players to clubs? Don't get me wrong, I love it when we see it, but I could never blame a player for taking up an offer lke that Gaz was offered.
Well for me it might make a difference if it was your father's firm, he had parts of company HQ named in his honour, your family name was a household one in your market, further greatness was entirely possible and you had the chance to turn you and your name in to an untarnished legend that would last as long as the game of footy itself.

None of the critics of Ablett on this board put that tarnish on, he did.

Quote:
GOLD Coast captain Gary Ablett says winning a premiership with the Suns will be more satisfying than either of the two he played in with his former club Geelong.
Quote:
"If we can win a premiership down the track, I think that would be even more satisfying than the 2007 and 2009 Grand Finals."

pretty sure he got paid to say that;)
doesn't he have to support young Nathan and his sis who have fallen on hard times?
The ultimate irony would be to see Geelong rebuild as it's started to already and then be in a position to challenge the Suns in 5 years time and snatch one from Gary:D Now that would be something to talk about

I won't be at the game, but I wouldn't 'boo' him and I would encourage people not to. He doesn't deserve the satisfaction of communication from previous fans and his relationship with the club should remain neutral. We were grateful for his services while at the club, but now he has become the opposition, and I hope our boys treat him that way in front of the home ground fans this weekend.

As long as he's not cheered and applauded constantly by the crowd then I'll be satisfied.

For all the club did for him, he left for more money, pure and simple. He needs to be reminded we don't appreciate that. Well I don't, especially when many of our stars remained loyal and accepted big pay cuts to stay.

As long as he's not cheered and applauded constantly by the crowd then I'll be satisfied.

For all the club did for him, he left for more money, pure and simple. He needs to be reminded we don't appreciate that. Well I don't, especially when many of our stars remained loyal and accepted big pay cuts to stay.

I don't think even the Ablett tragics are sufficiently disturbed to cheer and applaud him during the game. Methinks most of us will be focused on how our loyal-to-the-club players are going.

I must say there is a sneaking wish that Maxie was still there so I could see him split Ablett right up the centre leaving him with a lasting memory of his return to Kardinia Park in the all red. Is that so wrong?;)

This game will be the very first time that I actually go to Geelong, and with it, the first time that I get to see a game at Kardinia Park. I leave my home here at 4:40am to go to the game, and will get home again at 11:45pm.

I'm making that pilgimage to the Holy Town primarily to see my club's base, to meet my fellow Catters, and to cheer my team. Nothing else.

I respect all of the Gold Coats for being good enough to be there -even Campbell Brown - but I doubt that I'll be cheering them at any time. And I certainly won't be booing any of them. They are but bit players in my beloved Cats' march towards yet another inevitable ascension to absolute glory, nothing more.

At the end of the match, The March of the Toreadors will play out across Kardinia Park, and my atonal, flat voice will be lost in a glorious anthem of triumph, sung by a choir several thousand strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back