Will you be booing Gary Ablett at Skilled Stadium?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gold Coast's performance as far as percentage of matches won and for and percentage is the worst after their first 17 matches of any team that joined the League after 1897. So its not as if Ablett transferred to Collingwood or Hawthorn.

Geelong supporters could be generous and give Ablett some credit for helping to further nationally the cause of Australian Football or perhaps not begrudge him too much for seeking to consolidate his financial future.

With the passing of the late great, Bob Davis, something not mentioned was his effort to dessert Geelong in early 1952 to captain-coach SANFL basket-case, South Adelaide. Davis believed that he could secure his 'financial future' by taking the South Adelaide offer.

Players at the time were in effect bonded slaves. There were no contacts and Geelong refused to 'clear' Davis to play for South Adelaide. There was much wrangling and toing and froing between Adelaide and Geelong with Davis missing the first 5 games of the 1952 season before giving up his campaign for a clearance and returning to playing for the Cats. (After vowing he would never play for them again.)

There were no recriminations and certainly no booing on his return and the rest as is said, is history.

Geelong supporters may not feel like applauding Ablett on his return to Kardinia Park (as was the custom long, long ago to welcome all visting teams to Geelong) but could consider that refraining from booing may put them in a league above a certain type of football follower.

Meh, wont matter anyway - he can get as many touches as he likes, if we are on it like last weekend we may obliterate the all time record!!

I fear the planets have aligned one week too early.....

Captain Crunch weighs into the debate - http://www.geelongblog.com/wp/?p=3322

The point at which the author claimed the great deceiver made his decision to defect while holidaying on a Queensland island post the footy season was the point at which I realised this was a work of fiction. As I'm not into fiction that was the point I moved on.:cool:

I know this is really unlikely to happen, but it would be pretty awesome if Geelong beat GC by, say, 200 points AND kick 40 goals in a game. New records, captain of the defeated team = G. Ablett. There's a record for you, you two-faced AFL shill. As for booing him - negative. Got better things to use oxygen on than that.

The point at which the author claimed the great deceiver made his decision to defect while holidaying on a Queensland island post the footy season was the point at which I realised this was a work of fiction. As I'm not into fiction that was the point I moved on.:cool:

But it was a fact that Gary said himself that he didn't decide until he was holidaying with lauren on one of the Queensland Islands (stradbroke? can't remember) that he made his decision. This was after the prelim final loss he and lauren went to Queensland for a holiday on one of those islands. Whether you believe it or not is your business. But the author was only going by what Gary said.

But it was a fact that Gary said himself that he didn't decide until he was holidaying with lauren on one of the Queensland Islands (stradbroke? can't remember) that he made his decision. This was after the prelim final loss he and lauren went to Queensland for a holiday on one of those islands. Whether you believe it or not is your business. But the author was only going by what Gary said.

Yep! He did say that and apparently there is still someone who believes it.

Let me give you a quote from a story written in the Sunday Sun on 12 December, 2010, by Jay Clark headed “Ablett minor poised for major role”
In that piece Broadbeach coach Paul Rolfe - where Nathan was playing - said:

“The last seven months there was a change in him and maybe that was because he knew Gary was coming up”. Count back seven months from 12 December, 2010.

If anyone seriously believes Gaz was on Hamilton Island gazing over the ocean when he heard the word, and the word was “Suns”, and he followed the word, contact me cos I have this bridge over the Sydney Harbour I’ve got on the market and do I have a deal for you.:rolleyes:

Yeah he's gonna get booed, especially early, and every mistake he makes will get the bronx cheer but thats okay its footy and having a bit of banter at a former player, albeit a champion one, is just part of the AFL and should not be used as a reflection on the morals of Cats supporters.

Their will probably be some nasty things said by a few that perhaps goes to far but every club has those types.

From going to a few games this year and witnessing blokes swear a blue streak at the umpires, and then NOT reprimanding or perhaps even caring that their kids parrot them with "F" this and stupid "C" that, then becomes a way way way bigger problem to me.

Yep! He did say that and apparently there is still someone who believes it.

Let me give you a quote from a story written in the Sunday Sun on 12 December, 2010, by Jay Clark headed “Ablett minor poised for major role”
In that piece Broadbeach coach Paul Rolfe - where Nathan was playing - said:

“The last seven months there was a change in him and maybe that was because he knew Gary was coming up”. Count back seven months from 12 December, 2010.

If anyone seriously believes Gaz was on Hamilton Island gazing over the ocean when he heard the word, and the word was “Suns”, and he followed the word, contact me cos I have this bridge over the Sydney Harbour I’ve got on the market and do I have a deal for you.:rolleyes:

Well your usual smart arse response aside :rolleyes:, what you have said is still hearsay. I don't care what you think really or when Gary really made his decision. It's all kind of irrelevant now. But some people obviously still have a chip on their shoulder about it which just shows what losers they are.

Well your usual smart arse response aside :rolleyes:, what you have said is still hearsay. I don't care what you think really or when Gary really made his decision. It's all kind of irrelevant now. But some people obviously still have a chip on their shoulder about it which just shows what losers they are.

Pardon me for expressing an opinion with which you disagree. Good to see you've got your angry edge back though.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the end, it's a game... Nothing more, nothing less, and Gary is going to be remembered as one of the best players that played this game, especially if his maturity and leadership continues to grow as it has this season. So who cares if you boo or you don't? I really don't think he will?

this is the same gary that wrote an article mid season last year about "his mate bomber" when they werent even talking?

this is the same gary that wrote an article mid season last year about "his mate bomber" when they werent even talking?

FFS get over it. Gary Ablett doesn't owe you or Geelong anything. The fact people like you and ammo and forest still bleet on about it like whiny little girls just says more about you than Garry.

I couldn't give stuff really about what happened last season. I am more interested in the next 6 weeks. Captain Crunch was writing an article on the humorous side. Whether you liked it or not good on him for having a go. But I can tell you some of his articles are the most read on the blog. So he must be doing something right.

But typical of people like you 3 it's easier to tear down other ppl's efforts rather than actually contribute something to this world.:rolleyes:

I tell you this, if you 3 ran out onto the oval next Saturday I will be more than happy to boo you.

FFS get over it. Gary Ablett doesn't owe you or Geelong anything. The fact people like you and ammo and forest still bleet on about it like whiny little girls just says more about you than Garry.

I couldn't give stuff really about what happened last season. I am more interested in the next 6 weeks. Captain Crunch was writing an article on the humorous side. Whether you liked it or not good on him for having a go. But I can tell you some of his articles are the most read on the blog. So he must be doing something right.

But typical of people like you 3 it's easier to tear down other ppl's efforts rather than actually contribute something to this world.:rolleyes:

Your're right...he doesn't owe anything to anyone. He had a right to go and good on him...the financial incentive was too much.

Nevertheless, he was clearly duplicitous in his off field conduct throughout the season and its reasonable for those who see it that way to point that out.....whether you believe it or not.

I tell you this, if you 3 ran out onto the oval next Saturday I will be more than happy to boo you.

You have a long record of personally denigrating people on here when you're under the pump CF. I'm disappointed to have to say that about someone who has contributed so much to developing our board.

However your repeated disloyal and pejorative comments calling one of our own a 'spud' was a disgrace. As was your attempt to humiliate David the Cat by renaming him David the Brat. And now you've set about denigrating df and me.

The sad thing is you can't see that your playing the man says way more about you than any of those you attempt to put down. Your lack of maturity and lack of respect for posters here by playing the man when you're under the pump does you no credit.

You have a long record of personally denigrating people on here when you're under the pump CF. I'm disappointed to have to say that about someone who has contributed so much to developing our board.

However your repeated disloyal and pejorative comments calling one of our own a 'spud' was a disgrace. As was your attempt to humiliate David the Cat by renaming him David the Brat. And now you've set about denigrating df and me.

The sad thing is you can't see that your playing the man says way more about you than any of those you attempt to put down. Your lack of maturity and lack of respect for posters here by playing the man when you're under the pump does you no credit.
Namecalling is par for the course with Catmanforever sadly, since he doesn't seem capable of winning any kind of debate with logic and/or reason.

CatmanForever said:
Your choosing to look at those events with certain perspective. Adding 1+1 to get 3. Your welcome to your view I couldn't care less what you think. Bomber laughing with his life long friend Tim Watson...oooh conspiracy theory. Bomber blaming the players for no plan B...ooooohhh another conspiracy theory. The Club choosing to trust a man who brought them 2 flags...ooooooh those naive fools.

You are a piece of work to be sure. I think your tunnel vision has turned you into a cone head. Dumbass!

I think someone needs a little break from the internet, it's making him angsty.

Let's get one thing straight Scablett is a self-serving lying mercenary steaming piece of shit who owes his entire football career to the Geelong Football Club, it's staff and players.

I'm so sick of hearing disrespectful imbeciles claim the 2 Premierships won in the last 5 years would never have happened without him. RUBBISH. There are 18 players running onto the field and yes ablett did his job just like everybody else.

But given how the club has performed this year I think it's fair to assume he would've quite easily been covered by other Geelong mids if he hadn't been there in those years.

Prior to 2007 he was a nothing player, an average small forward who would not have amounted to much had he been plying his trade at clubs like Richmond and Melbourne. But thanks to encouragement of our coaches and playing group he was able to turn around his mediocre destiny.

Taking all this into account he can consider himself lucky if all he cops on Saturday are boos from the crowd because the little boring no-personality money-grabbing prick deserves much worse.

Fancy idiots ripping into supporters for not becoming members but are prepared to fawn incessantly over this ingrate who got PAID in excess of half a million dollars to do something many supporters would jump at the chance to do for free.

Is it any wonder that this club went without a flag for over 4 decades? With so many 'older' supporters with a meek sad loser mentality willingly letting themselves get walked over by all and sundry, it's all starting to make sense. Here's hoping the new Gen Y who'll lead the club in the future don't acquire these despicable character traits and don't tolerate this nonsense from anyone ever again.

ha ha:D I love how whenever I beat you in an arguement you always resort to this kind of trolling Ammo. I have seen to many posts like this from you and I think you have a real problem mate. Always have to have the last word, always resorting to saying it's not me it's you, and accusing me of being the bad guy.

According to your logic it seems everyone else is entitled to have an opinion around here except me. It seems all these people are entilted to go me and I have no right of reply. If I do reply then I am the big bad immature man. Go play your games with the other children.

This will be my last word on this matter. But I bet for sure you wont be able to help yourself with another post after this with another zinger about me. That will just prove me right.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back