C Davies Johnson O'Keefe
HF Grant Cloke Reid
F Skipper Little Rose
R Cordy Callan Jolley
Int Lockwood Joyce Gotch
Roughead Meyer Langlands
Stretton Sherlock

Likely to be broadcast on 3SER 97.7FM www.3ser.org.au

Not entirely sure as I couldn't find the details on the VFL website, however, I think it depends on which team you're playing. Against stand alone VFL teams (Port and Franskton), I believe it's a max of 12 AFL listed players but that might not apply against affiliated teams or AFL reserves teams (Geelong and Collingwood).

Will look for more details.

EDIT: It still seems somewhat fuzzy but from what I find (still can't find official rules) it looks like the 12/10 rules applies for affiliated teams against stand alone vfl teams and other affiliated teams. Geelong and Collingwood don't appear to require the 12/10 rule.

WILLIAMSTOWN V GEELONG BURBANK OVAL 2PM Saturday, JUNE 20

B Everitt Williams Addison
HB Tiller Wight Stack
C Davies Johnson O'Keefe
HF Grant Cloke Reid
F Skipper Little Rose
R Cordy Callan Jolley
Int Lockwood Joyce Gotch
Roughead Meyer Langlands
Stretton Sherlock

Likely to be broadcast on 3SER 97.7FM www.3ser.org.au

Is that a record from recent times

8 players in our second side over 6ft ?

Not entirely sure as I couldn't find the details on the VFL website, however, I think it depends on which team you're playing. Against stand alone VFL teams (Port and Franskton), I believe it's a max of 12 AFL listed players but that might not apply against affiliated teams or AFL reserves teams (Geelong and Collingwood).

Will look for more details.

EDIT: It still seems somewhat fuzzy but from what I find (still can't find official rules) it looks like the 12/10 rules applies for affiliated teams against stand alone vfl teams and other affiliated teams. Geelong and Collingwood don't appear to require the 12/10 rule.

It would seem silly to have a "depending on who you play " type rule, as there are stand alones, Sole AFL/VFL affiliations, Multi AFL/VFL affiliations (Kangas), and of course AFL only. Perhaps with the Cats & Maggies now in, that rule has been discontinued.

hooroo....

Is that a record from recent times

8 players in our second side over 6ft ?

Fred, I think all bar O'Keefe and Callan are over 6 foot so that's about 10 players for tomorrows game.

Missing through injury or the fact that played last week include Boumann (196cm) and Wood (184cm)

It would seem silly to have a "depending on who you play " type rule, as there are stand alones, Sole AFL/VFL affiliations, Multi AFL/VFL affiliations (Kangas), and of course AFL only. Perhaps with the Cats & Maggies now in, that rule has been discontinued.

hooroo....
I'm pretty sure the other poster is right, some teams like Port Melbourne are not affiliated with an AFL club at all.

I'm pretty sure the other poster is right, some teams like Port Melbourne are not affiliated with an AFL club at all.

I am aware of that mate, (re-read), I am suggesting that because there are stand alone teams (Port et al) sole affiliations (WB-Will) Combined affiliations (Kang- with 2 VFL clubs) and AFL (Coll & Geel) that it would be awkward to set a rule regarding max no. of AFL listed players each week, so I am assuming that rule (max 12 listed p[layers), no longer applies as we have named 13 listed players for Willy this w/e.

hooroo....,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 qu time willy 15.16.106 to cats 2.10.22!
Callan and addison been good. Roughie has shown signs. Cordy still a little lightly framed. Williams off injured and little - non bulldog but been dominant!

Williamstown by 61pts:thumbsu: Cordy injured neck in heavy fall in marking contest! Gone to hospital as precaution:eek: Not sure with Williams. Came off half way through 3rd qtr! Callan also copped heavy knock but came back on.

2009 VFL Seniors

Williamstown 5.6 8.9 15.16 20.16 (136)
Geelong 1.3 2.8 2.10 10.15 (75)

GOALS:
Williamstown: Little 6 Rose 3 O'Keefe 2 Jolley 2 Grant 2 Langlands Reid Gotch Johnson Roughead

BEST:
Williamstown: Little Reid Callan Rose Stretton Gotch

Remove this Banner Ad

Williamstown vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back