With Judd, where do Carlton fans expect to finish in 2008?

Remove this Banner Ad

With a pretty good forward line, extremely promising midfield, weak backline it will be interesting to see how the Blues play next year.

I think anywhere between about 6th and 10th is what the Blues can shoot for next year.

I would expect somewhere between 9 and 12.

Stevens back, insert Judd........either Whitnall will be up to scracth or won't play. 4 wins this year and a couple of close losses, have shown they can score, but leak goals at the back. Improved centre line should see the ball headed their way more often that the other which will protect the back line a little more. Need an improved return in the ruck to get the most of this better midfield though.

we'll make the 8. stevens back and judd in is huge for murphy, gibbs, carrazzo, simpson etc etc. backline is suspect still, maybe once cloke is back and possibly kruezer in the ruck we can leave setanta at full back - which is still questionable, but better than what we've had

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forward line - Very strong (Waite, Fisher, Fevola) as key targets.
Rucks - Developing. Hampson will be a gun. Kreuzer needs time. Cloke will be ok.
Onballers - Best in the comp IMO. Judd, Scotland, Carruzo, Murphy, Gibbs, Stevens, Simpson. Brilliant 7.
Backline - Needs work. Thornton, O'Hailpin and Walker will need solid years. Need some of the tall youngsters from last 2 drafts to improve.

2008 - Anywhere from 4th-10th
2009 - Top 4, maybe flag
2010-2015 - Scary for opposition teams

Carlton will now have one of the best midfields (Judd, Stevens and Murphy) however with only one key forward (Fev) they will still struggle. They are also short down back. I would expect them to improve (10th perhaps) but losing Kennedy will hurt them over the next few years until they find a replacement.

given the amount of money they have invested in judd surely the blues are expecting top 8? i reckon they will struggle to achieve that agreeing with the above and will ultimately lose players and not be able to recruit due to salary cap restraints (unless they cheat). the judd situation is a fine line i thought with respect to my own club - could be the greatest thing ever but at the same time investing so heavily in one player could easily bring the downfall of the club.

I would say between 14-12, they have Judd who will make sure they dont tank after round 10, their mid is strong but everything else is 16-14th ranked in the comp, especially their ruck stocks.

I guess it all hinges on Judd if his OP and shoulders go, which i bloody hope not then they will be set back another 5 years. Good luck to the blues next year, i hope they dont give up again,their fans and members deserve better.

cant believe all this talk about finals just cause judd. as good as judd is, he is only one player.
we will see how well he goes without big coxy tapping the ball to him and cousins and kerr backing him up!
stevens, murphy and co have nothing on benny and his crew!

having said that, like most people i think 9-12?

Originally Posted by Moss Rocket
Onballers - Best in the comp IMO. Judd, Scotland, Carruzo, Murphy, Gibbs, Stevens, Simpson. Brilliant 7.
A potentially great midfield, but ours, Geelong and Hawthorn's are still better comfortably.

Remove this Banner Ad

With Judd, where do Carlton fans expect to finish in 2008?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back