Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody? - Part 2 -

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think the vote is purely based on culture wars? I'd say there's a lot more to it than that.

It doesn't help that Biden is well past his use by date. He looks ready for an old folks home.
Why else are poor people voting for Trump? Its not because of his economics policies of low taxes for the rich and reduced government services now is it. In fact its despite those policies

Why else are poor people voting for Trump? Its not because of his economics policies of low taxes for the rich and reduced government services now is it. In fact its despite those policies
Economic nostalgia. Remember Trump presided during far better economic conditions than Biden, and cost of living pressures are affecting the poor more significantly than the wealthy.

Also, there's nothing particularly inspiring about Biden. Someone like Obama drew people to his vision while the main inspiration to vote in someone like Biden is as a protest vote against Trump.

Most voters care more about their jobs and the economy than LGBTQ and race issues. Rightly or wrongly, Trump seems to elicit more trust than Biden in areas that count. I feel a stronger candidate would have Trump covered.

Economic nostalgia. Remember Trump presided during far better economic conditions than Biden, and cost of living pressures are affecting the poor more significantly than the wealthy.

Also, there's nothing particularly inspiring about Biden. Someone like Obama drew people to his vision while the main inspiration to vote in someone like Biden is as a protest vote against Trump.

Most voters care more about their jobs and the economy than LGBTQ and race issues. Rightly or wrongly, Trump seems to elicit more trust than Biden in areas that count. I feel a stronger candidate would have Trump covered.

The world ran out of toilet paper during Trump's reign.

Us economy is going great under biden. Stock market booming and unemployment still at low rates. The cost of living issues hasnt been anywhere near as big in the US as Australia as their house prices started off lower and every mortgage over there is on 30 year fixed loans with the rates locked in at record lows pre covid. Plus Biden has been giving away money such as reducing student debt.

Trump is running on border issues and being anti woke (and not being sleepy joe). Not the economy.

This isn't just weaponised cringe, this is war crimes now...

Extremely over the top language. Isnt that woke?

As we all know you understood what I was saying.

1. Are you genuine in saying that using the term 'war crimes' as a comedic device in language upsets you, and you'd like me to not do it again. In which case I'm sorry and I won't.

2. You're trying to shame me. And insisting I hold myself to an imagined standard you view of 'all progressives', that you don't hold yourself to, in the trite 'hypocrisy' call out?

So it's a vibe?

Just listen would they say about Barack Obama when interviewed at tRump rallies, which resemble 1930's Nazi rally's
That's not evidence, that's assuming poor white american folk are racist, what they 'would' say, you're speculating from a 'vibe' that by and large, poor white americans are racist, just coz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty of uneducated red necks at tRump rally's, and when they are interviewed they come over as uneducted.
Again, not evidence, that they're all poor white folk who are racist just coz.

Do you think this is widespread? If so, can you link some figures to support your view?

1. Are you genuine in saying that using the term 'war crimes' as a comedic device in language upsets you, and you'd like me to not do it again. In which case I'm sorry and I won't.

2. You're trying to shame me. And insisting I hold myself to an imagined standard you view of 'all progressives', that you don't hold yourself to, in the trite 'hypocrisy' call out?
It devalues what war crimes are when using the term war crimes in a serious context for actions that arent actual war crimes. Comedic exceptions are fine, but it wasnt obvious to me that it was for comedic purposes. If it was then no problem. :)

Have you got the numbers?
Look you are obviously a fan of draft dodging Donny, and nothing will change you mind.
Just to remind you that Australians were killed in Vietnam, why draft dodging Donny came up with complaing that nobody had heard of before, but it didn't stop him playing American football and Baseball.

Extremely over the top language. Isnt that woke?
1720593274678.png

It devalues what war crimes are when using the term war crimes in a serious context for actions that arent actual war crimes. Comedic exceptions are fine, but it wasnt obvious to me that it was for comedic purposes. If it was then no problem. :)

So you were trying to shame me.
Sorry if my use of language upset you. I will be more careful from now on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody? - Part 2 -

Remove this Banner Ad

Back