Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody? - Part 2 -

Remove this Banner Ad

You're sick. Do not throw around women bashing allegations lightly, utterly pathetic.
It is possibly the most famous example of the loaded question and how people asking for a yes/no response can be entirely disingenuous. He's not calling you a wife beater, he's pointing out your bad faith argument. Don't be a snowflake and take the opportunity to learn something.

Why don't you ask that to everyone in the thread?
Because Kappa, I don't want their qualifications. I want yours.

Because when you're at large dismissing other people's posts, I want to know how you can come by such insight that renders you capable of that dismissal.
I've seen many videos of secret service having to use physical strength and speed to protect the president or ex-presidents, it's a key area. Actually THE most important one, seeing as other people are in charge of doing the tactical/positioning type decisions.
... which doesn't answer my questions at all.

I've seen special forces soldiers lose arm wrestles against a nurse. Does that mean they were battle incapable?

Why don't you ask that to everyone in the thread? I've seen many videos of secret service having to use physical strength and speed to protect the president or ex-presidents, it's a key area. Actually THE most important one, seeing as other people are in charge of doing the tactical/positioning type decisions.

You have no idea what you're talking about. These other people in charge of this are the secret service.

Not surprised you respond like this, you have no grasp of reality. This is about choosing the most elite bodyguards to protect the most important person alive, not meeting diversity quotas you keep the incredibly sharp minds like you happy. I look forward to you once again failing to respond to any of my points and rambling about how it's sexist to suggest men might be stronger than women. 😂

Trump isn't the most important person alive.

You are.

I've seen many videos of secret service having to use physical strength and speed to protect the president or ex-presidents, it's a key area. Actually THE most important one, seeing as other people are in charge of doing the tactical/positioning type decisions.
Yeah, I saw In the Line of Fire as well.

Agent Horrigan taught us all a lesson

Has Senator Babet considered that Trump might prefer and/or requested female SS?
Someone else raised this but Gaddafi had only women bodyguards, stronger protective urge or something. Kinda makes sense tbh

Common farm wisdom is you don't get between a mother and her calf(extend analogy to humans and their weird hierarchy)

Last edited:
Lol, so projection if you fire up about this

Mate you shouldn't be hitting the mrs, try cut back on the wife beating

I was gonna respond but then I saw this

Someone else raised this but Gaddafi had only women bodyguards, stronger protective urge or something. Kinda makes sense tbh

Common farm wisdom is you don't get between a mother and her calf(extend analogy to humans and their weird hierarchy)

And I realized the intelligence of the person I was responding to.

If you dont like being called a wife beater that means you are a wife beater, actual 9 year old logic. Oh and thanks for bringing up Colonel Gaddafi 😂 brilliant

Last edited:
You have no idea what you're talking about. These other people in charge of this are the secret service.

Yep, there's different roles. Perhaps leave the actually front line people who need to rely on physical strength/speed to the men, and other roles like intelligence/planning ect can be done by female agents. Just like how they do in the military and no one sooks about it.

Yep, there's different roles. Perhaps leave the actually front line people who need to rely on physical strength/speed to the men, and other roles like intelligence/planning ect can be done by female agents. Just like how they do in the military and no one sooks about it.
Within a very short amount of time, the secret service had him covered - blocking any chance of a shot getting through.

The inner circle did it's job (except for allowing Trump to expose himself - perhaps the majority male Trump coverers should be copping it for this. Pretty confident it wasn't related to gender though.)

Yet somehow some nuffies have tried to turn this into a gender issue. Just ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Within a very short amount of time, the secret service had him covered - blocking any chance of a shot getting through.

The inner circle did it's job (except for allowing Trump to expose himself - perhaps the majority male Trump coverers should be copping it for this. Pretty confident it wasn't related to gender though.)

Yet somehow some nuffies have tried to turn this into a gender issue. Just ridiculous.

So just to be clear, you dont think men would be better at providing front line, physical hand to hand protection for a President or equally important person?

If you do, then you agree with all my points.

If you don't, then you truly are just another mindless nuffie.

So just to be clear, you dont think men would be better at providing front line, physical hand to hand protection for a President or equally important person?

You've watched too many Steven Segal movies. The inner circle closes in to provide a wall and deflect limbs with martial arts moves. Weight of numbers then take anyone down.

Concentration and teamwork is much more important than strength.

Trump was a stuff up from the recky and surveillance team - nothing to do with strength at all.

There's no reason to think female secret service staff are just diversity hires. This is a silly thing to argue over - whoever is best suited to the job, male or female, should be given the task. Strength isn't the sole consideration.

"Agree with me, or you're an idiot!" Compelling conversation lol

How many attempted presidential attacks could have been stopped by physical combat? Kennedy was shot from a distance, as was Trump, and Hinkley Jr. managed to shoot several people in front of several male secret service agents before multiple of them piled up on him.

Firearms training, threat-detection, logistics, and many other things are way more important that hand-to-hand fighting. We're not living in a kung fu movie.

Kappa

What is wrong with a service (including a military service) simply setting a physical threshold/ test (carry x weight over y distance, perform Z number of deadlifts etc) and then simply recruiting anyone who passes those, and any other tests set, regardless of gender etc?

Like; that's how we recruit for our own Special Forces in the military.

If you're a woman, and you're capable of passing Selection, Reinforcement training and so forth, you're selected.

To date, no woman has been selected (but there have been a few that have qualified as Reservist Commandos).

No diss to the Secret Service, but I assure you their physical requirements for entry are nowhere near as tough as our Commandos (even the reservists), and our SASR are on a completely different level again.

Kappa

What is wrong with a service (including a military service) simply setting a physical threshold/ test (carry x weight over y distance, perform Z number of deadlifts etc) and then simply recruiting anyone who passes those, and any other tests set, regardless of gender etc?

If you're a woman, and you're capable of passing Selection, Reinforcement training and so forth, you're selected.

To date, no woman has been selected (but there have been a few that have qualified as Reservist Commandos).

No diss to the Secret Service, but I assure you their physical requirements for entry are nowhere near as tough as our Commandos (even the reservists), and our SASR are on a completely different level again.
I tell ya why
giphy.gif

Kappa

Because you're looking at it the wrong way. You're looking at it from a perspective of "as long as you meet the minimum requirements who cares", when you should be looking at it as "we absolutely must handpick the best of the best for this critical role".

There's a reason you don't see any 65 year old secret service agents protecting the President, it's because speed and strength is highly important.
"Agree with me, or you're an idiot!" Compelling conversation lol

How many attempted presidential attacks could have been stopped by physical combat? Kennedy was shot from a distance, as was Trump, and Hinkley Jr. managed to shoot several people in front of several male secret service agents before multiple of them piled up on him.

Firearms training, threat-detection, logistics, and many other things are way more important that hand-to-hand fighting. We're not living in a kung fu movie.

If you're arguing that women are equally as capable as men physically then yes, that is an appropriate response.

Attacks on the president are super rare, that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be covering every possible threat constantly. Do you remember when Trump was campaigning to be president originally and someone jumped the barricade and tried to rush him on stage? Secret service had to use speed and strength to restrain him.

How about when a man walked onto stage with President Reagan?
You've watched too many Steven Segal movies. The inner circle closes in to provide a wall and deflect limbs with martial arts moves. Weight of numbers then take anyone down.

Concentration and teamwork is much more important than strength.

Trump was a stuff up from the recky and surveillance team - nothing to do with strength at all.

If concentration and teamwork are the most important then why are there no 60+ year old secret service agents protecting the president? Surely their teamwork, experience and concentration would be fantastic? In fact, why don't we just have women and elderly men do the role? According to you that would be fine?

Because you're looking at it the wrong way. You're looking at it from a perspective of "as long as you meet the minimum requirements who cares", when you should be looking at it as "we absolutely must handpick the best of the best for this critical role".

There's a reason you don't see any 65 year old secret service agents protecting the President, it's because speed and strength is highly important.

If you're arguing that women are equally as capable as men physically then yes, that is an appropriate response.

Attacks on the president are super rare, that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be covering every possible threat constantly. Do you remember when Trump was campaigning to be president originally and someone jumped the barricade and tried to rush him on stage? Secret service had to use speed and strength to restrain him.

How about when a man walked onto stage with President Reagan?

If concentration and teamwork are the most important then why are there no 60+ year old secret service agents protecting the president? Surely their teamwork, experience and concentration would be fantastic? In fact, why don't we just have women and elderly men do the role? According to you that would be fine?

Do you think a background check is important? How about intelligence?

Dude, the worlds special forces don't go around handpicking people, and neither do the secret service.

They set standards for entry, and if want in and you meet those standards, you get in.

These 26 women can deadlift 300 odd Kilos each:

https://www.joe.co.uk/fitness-health/uks-strongest-women-sexist-abuse-285227

300kgs translates into 2 Donald Trumps.

Is that strong enough for you?

Last edited:

I'm not arguing that women are as physically capable as men, I'm arguing that one-on-one physical combat isn't the most important skill for the Secret Service to have because their actual day-to-day tasks are far more complex. A life saving tackle of a politician is something that the average Secret Service agent doesn't do, or probably even witness during their entire career.

I made the point in another thread that MMA fighters can beat up Navy SEALs. I'd even bet that I'd personally outwrestle a lot of the Secret Service, and have personally outwrestled a US Marine. So if we're already established that Secret Service aren't the top fighters in the world even amongst men, why is it such a sticking point for you that men are stronger than women when 99.9% of their work doesn't involve overpowering someone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody? - Part 2 -

Remove this Banner Ad

Back