Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody? - Part 2 -

Remove this Banner Ad

If concentration and teamwork are the most important then why are there no 60+ year old secret service agents protecting the president? Surely their teamwork, experience and concentration would be fantastic? In fact, why don't we just have women and elderly men do the role? According to you that would be fine?

It's a team game - you need a mix of skills. It's ridiculous that rednecks have seen a women do the job of reacting quickly and getting in the way of a potential bullet and gone into rants about employment quotas without any knowledge of what skills are needed or what skills the women who was sighted brings to the job. The irony is that the idiots who claim they are anti quotas are actually demanding a quota of 100% men in a job that requires a diverse range of skills - most of them not physical.

Would you support a team of 65 year old bodyguards for the president who have really good teamwork and intelligence?

I guess with your logic you have to.

Would you support known criminals with big biceps, because they are stronger than women?

Because thats your logic.

They set standards for entry, and if want in and you meet those standards, you get in.
Pretty sure they rate each person on how many Chuck Norris's they equate to. Scale is from 0.0 to 1.0.

Nobody has ever even gotten to 0.5 let alone 1.0.

So Seal Team 6 don't handpick the best of the best?

No, they do not. And neither do the UKs 22 SAS or our own SASR.

If you want in, you simply apply for selection (or BUDS for the Seals). You first must pass the psych and physical testing.

You then attend the selection course (or BUDS).

If you pass the Selection course (and the subsequent reinforcement cycle) you're in.

Delta Force (CAG) often invite people to try out for selection (usually from the Ranger Regiments), but the above still applies to those candidates, invited or otherwise.

Would you support known criminals with big biceps, because they are stronger than women?

Because thats your logic.

Thanks for proving that you have absolutely no idea what my point is, and now I have to question your comprehension skills.

At no point did I suggest anything even remotely close to that.

I said "best of the best", which obviously discounts criminals. Your points are utterly ridiculous

Thanks for proving that you have absolutely no idea what my point is, and now I have to question your comprehension skills.

At no point did I suggest anything even remotely close to that.

I said "best of the best", which obviously discounts criminals. Your points are utterly ridiculous

So you are saying that it's not all about being the strongest and fittest?

I said "best of the best", which obviously discounts criminals.

OK, give me your criterion for who fits in the 'best of the best'?

How strong/ smart do they have to be, what are their education standards etc?

Should a woman be allowed in the secret service if she can deadlift 250kgs, has a PhD in Quantum Physics, an IQ of 200 and can run a marathon in 2:30?

Would that be enough for you? Or are you looking for a higher standard than that?

OK, give me your criterion for who fits in the 'best of the best'?

How strong/ smart do they have to be, what are their education standards etc?

Should a woman be allowed in the secret service if she can deadlift 250kgs, has a PhD in Quantum Physics, an IQ of 200 and can run a marathon in 2:30?

Would that be enough for you? Or are you looking for a higher standard than that?

The best candidates from America.

Last I heard SS was nearly entirely Ex military or SWAT personal, so basically the best of those.

Yes, a theoretical superwomen could join, however in reality men are by best the candiates to provide physical front line protection. If you had to pick 1 person to protect you from someone attacking you, would you pick a strong man or a strong women ?

So you are saying that it's not all about being the strongest and fittest?

You really have infantile arguments.

Being strong, fit and fast should be a non-negotiable.

And before you respond with dumb arguments ill preemptively reply.

No, they don't literally have to be Olympic level athletes, derp, that is obvious.

Yes, a theoretical superwomen who is stronger and faster than men could join, derp, that is obvious.

No, a mass murderer with big muscles wouldn't qualify to being "best of the best", derp, that is obvious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last I heard SS was nearly entirely Ex military or SWAT personal, so basically the best of those.

Yes, a theoretical superwomen could join, however in reality men are by best the candiates to provide physical front line protection. If you had to pick 1 person to protect you from someone attacking you, would you pick a strong man or a strong women ?

Being strong, fit and fast should be a non-negotiable.

And before you respond with dumb arguments ill preemptively reply.

No, they don't literally have to be Olympic level athletes, derp, that is obvious.

Yes, a theoretical superwomen who is stronger and faster than men could join, derp, that is obvious.

No, a mass murderer with big muscles wouldn't qualify to being "best of the best", derp, that is obvious.

It's really hard to make sense of your posts now. Let me lay out your criteria and concessions to explain why:
  1. A male Secret Service agent has to be fit, fast and strong
  2. A male Secret Service agent does not have to be as fit, fast or strong as an Olympian
  3. A theoretical superwoman who is stronger and faster than men could join the Secret Service
It's hard not to believe that you've just drawn an arbitrary line between men and women and are making up your justification on-the-go. In one breath you acknowledge that male SS aren't going to be top-of-the-line athletes, and in the next you're putting an absurdly high bar for women to qualify in the same role.

It's really hard to make sense of your posts now. Let me lay out your criteria and concessions to explain why:
  1. A male Secret Service agent has to be fit, fast and strong
  2. A male Secret Service agent does not have to be as fit, fast or strong as an Olympian
  3. A theoretical superwoman who is stronger and faster than men could join the Secret Service
It's hard not to believe that you've just drawn an arbitrary line between men and women and are making up your justification on-the-go. In one breath you acknowledge that male SS aren't going to be top-of-the-line athletes, and in the next you're putting an absurdly high bar for women to qualify in the same role.

The line between men and women for a physical role is not arbitrary, to suggest as much is utterly ridiculous. That's why we never let women compete against men in sports, because there is a line between the two genders that is the exact opposite of arbitrary.
Because he's probably an insecure incel

Amazing how you point out basic facts like men are better at physical protection and you have multiple people calling you an incel and a wife beater.

What a pathetic joke you are. Shutdown discussions with childish insults. This attitude is literally so damaging to society and many people much much more intelligent than anyone in this thread have already proven that.

I was gonna respond but then I saw this

And I realized the intelligence of the person I was responding to.

If you dont like being called a wife beater that means you are a wife beater, actual 9 year old logic. Oh and thanks for bringing up Colonel Gaddafi 😂 brilliant
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaded_question
The traditional example is the question "Have you stopped beating your wife?" Whether the respondent answers yes or no, they will admit to having beaten their wife at some time in the past. Thus, these facts are presupposed by the question, and in this case an entrapment, because it narrows the respondent to a single answer, and the fallacy of many questions has been committed.

Here ya go, gotta keep adding to this intelligence you speak of

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaded_question
The traditional example is the question "Have you stopped beating your wife?" Whether the respondent answers yes or no, they will admit to having beaten their wife at some time in the past. Thus, these facts are presupposed by the question, and in this case an entrapment, because it narrows the respondent to a single answer, and the fallacy of many questions has been committed.

Here ya go, gotta keep adding to this intelligence you speak of

So asking if men or women are better at providing physical protection from threats is a loaded question because there's only 1 answer and it proves my point?

Thanks for pointing that out.

The line between men and women for a physical role is not arbitrary, to suggest as much is utterly ridiculous. That's why we never let women compete against men in sports, because there is a line between the two genders that is the exact opposite of arbitrary.

But you accept that the men won't be the fittest and the strongest, as per your earlier post. So when your qualification for men is that they're reasonably fit, and your qualification for women is that they're superhuman then, yeah, I do think the line you're drawing is arbitrary.

And this is all aside from the fact that 99% of the role is non-physical. As you'll read from the SS themselves - their goal is to provide "incident-free protection", which means logistics, clearances, radio comms, etc. Quite frankly, I think you have very little understanding of what the Secret Service do and your desire to die on this hill is making you look a bit stupid.

Last edited:

Last I heard the Secret Service dont like being called that.

And you heard wrong:

Meet the Qualifications​

To get into the Secret Service, candidates must meet several requirements relating to their physical fitness, citizenship status and education level. Each aspiring special agent must be a U.S. citizen aged 21 to 37 and possess a valid driver’s license.

Secret Service agents cannot have any visible tattoos or body markings and must qualify for Top Secret clearance, which requires a thorough background investigation. Candidates must also pass drug screenings, complete polygraph tests and agree to work anywhere in the world.

Each applicant needs to possess firearm proficiency and the legal right to possess a firearm. Individuals with domestic violence convictions will not qualify.

Education Requirements​

Prospective Secret Service special agents must also meet education and experience requirements. To become a Secret Service agent, a candidate must qualify for the GL-07 or GL-09 government pay scale levels.

For the GL-07 level, an individual must meet one of the following qualifications:

• Possess a criminal justice bachelor’s degree or a similar credential from an accredited university with a qualifying GPA and class standing.
  • Complete 18 credits of graduate-level studies.
  • Have one year of relevant experience.
  • Be able to act as a leader or partner with collaborators to complete relevant missions.
To meet GL-09 standards, a candidate must possess one of the following requirements:

• Possess a master’s in criminal justice or a similar subject, a doctoral degree or two full years of relevant higher-level graduate education.
  • Hold one year of relevant specialized education.
  • Complete specialized experience and one year of graduate-level education.

Meet All Fitness Standards​

Secret Service special agents must have strong physical and mental health. Secret Service requirements stipulate that all candidates must pass physical exams for hearing, vision and general fitness standards. The applicant physical abilities test (APAT) evaluates individuals based on how many push-ups and sit-ups they can complete in a minute, along with agility and distance running tests.

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/education/law/become-a-secret-service-agent/

Just like SEAL team 6, you need to pass a number of minimum fitness and education standard to apply.

Unlike SEAL tean 6, there is not as exhaustive of a selection program (BUDS).

Cut that out.

You're literally applying a bizzaro and unspecified standard to selection. 'Pick the best'. How do I assess 'the best'? The best at what exactly?

I'll ask you again. What should the fitness, educational and qualification standards be for recruitment?

And also, how do you think our SASR select new members?

Amazing how you point out basic facts like men are better at physical protection

Considering most aspects of physical protection are 'locate and identify threats', 'jump in front of your VIP and take a bullet for them' or 'shoot someone' I'm really not sure where being a meathead comes into it, other than having to physically restrain someone violent.

In case you were not aware, 'physically restraining someone' likely amounts to a tiny fraction of what a Secret Service agent does.

Just so you know some of the best operators in the SASR were the smaller blokes. We had our fair share of meatheads, but they were more often then not the trouble makers who couldn't add 2 and 2 together, and were basically toxic dickheads.

Ben Roberts Smith being a prime example.

So asking if men or women are better at providing physical protection from threats is a loaded question because there's only 1 answer and it proves my point?

Thanks for pointing that out.
A bullet doesn't care if you're a man or a woman, a president or a pleb

Americans have been doing it since 1865, try to keep up

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody? - Part 2 -

Remove this Banner Ad

Back