Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody? - Part 2 -

Remove this Banner Ad

So millions in the world are unable to sufficiently feed themselves of their families, or are under financial strain through cost of living stress….

But what athletes are being offered in food options over a 2 week event is what triggers some people.
Ok.

I dunno... sport is probably the biggest industry in the world that has no actual meaningful product. I dunno how it compares to other pure entertainment industries (cinema, tv, music) but I imagine it's up there.

That would seem like the perfect industry to target for demonstrating that a reduced livestock menu doesn't have to negatively impact on the Olympics. Because... after all... the Olympics are actually still great and enjoyable except for a few oddballs like yourself trying to push an anti-environmentalist agenda when no-one who matters is really complaining.

And as has been pointed out numerous times... they're not really complaining because there's STILL MEAT, there's NO OBLIGATION TO ONLY EAT VILLAGE FOOD, and VEGAN FOOD IS NOT UNNUTRITIOUS POISON it's just... you know... woke, or something? I really don't get it.
Its not an anti climate change agenda. He literally posts there are other ways to promote climate change. He aint saying the ioc should not promote climate action. Its just the way they are doing it.

A better way is to strongly promote veganism to the 1 million spectators attending the games rather than the couple of thousand athletes. It would have a far bigger climate impact. And the french diet really could use less meat so there would be health benefits to

And this issue isnt all the big. Its not like they have banned meat/diary from the village. They just make it hard to access. Its more that its just a weird act to do along with cardboard beds (does anyone even know what the link between beds and climate change is and why disposable cardboard is better then a reusable bed?).

Athletes should get exactly what they want in these two weeks. Im surprised they arent given 5 star accomodation with 24 hour butler service as they are the reason this whole event is here. I bet all the oranisers are in 5 star accomodation eating 10 course degustion dinners at fancy restaurants with 8 different animals on the one plate at night while talking about climate change at the press conferences. Its always the lower class people forced to do whats right for society while the rich (organisers and tourists attending the games) do not. For an athletic competition, for once, you think that outcome might be flipped to maximise performance. But i guess not.

Last edited:
So millions in the world are unable to sufficiently feed themselves of their families, or are under financial strain through cost of living stress….

But what athletes are being offered in food options over a 2 week event is what triggers some people.
Ok.
Your first line can be used to disregard any issue on the planet as trivial outside of war and famine.

As an example. Rent prices are 20 percent higher and now you cant go out to a cafe for lunch and need to eat pre made sandwiches from home. But you cant be triggered by this issue because 2 million people are dying from famine in the developing world. By your argument no one should complain about the rental crisis?

Its not an anti climate change agenda. He literally posts there are other ways to promote climate change.

A better way is to strongly promote veganism to the 1 million spectators attending the games rather than the couple of thousand athletes. It would have a far bigger climate impact. And the french diet really could use less meat so there would be health benefits to

And this issue isnt all the big. Its not like they have banned meat/diary from the village. They just make it hard to access. Its more that its just a weird act to do along with cardboard beds (does anyone even know what the link between beds and climate change is and why disposable cardboard is better then a reusable bed?).

Athletes should get exactly what they want in these two weeks. Im surprised they arent given 5 star accomodation with 24 hour butler service as they are the reason this whole event is here. I bet all the oranisers are in 5 star accomodation eating 10 course degustion dinners at fancy restaurants with 8 different animals on the one plate at night while talking about climate change at the press conferences. Its always the lower class people forced to do whats right for society while the rich (organisers and tourists attending the games) do not. For an athletic competition, for once, you think that outcome might be flipped to maximise performance. But i guess not.
They are promoting vegan to the spectators.

However both spectators and athletes are offered non-vegan options as well.

Anyone carrying on about this is a nutter.

It's an interesting discussion point. I don't see anyone here carrying on about it.

Well thats good to hear then. I stand corrected if that is the case.

As for the nutters comment. I dont think anyone cares enough about this issue to make a protest on it. Its just a discussion not a hill anyone is willing to die on. But i also dont think people realise how specific athletes are with their diets before events (the issue here isnt just about veganism vs non veganism but athletes getting the exact diets they want) . The richer countries and competitors are shipping in their own chefs to give them an advantage over poorer nations athletes. So obviously they think it impacts performance. Are they nutters?

Last edited:
Well thats good to hear then. I stand corrected if that is the case.

As for the nutters comment. I dont think anyone cares enough about this issue to make a protest on it. Its just a discussion not a hill anyone is willing to die on. But i also dont think people realise how specific athletes are with their diets before events (the issue here isnt just about veganism vs non veganism but athletes getting the exact diets they want) . The richer countries and competitors are shipping in their own chefs to give them an advantage over poorer nations athletes. So obviously they think it impacts performance. Are they nutters?
They're catering for 14000 athletes. They can't individualise it for all of them. All the meals are labelled with approximate nutritional info - athletes with different requirements would be expected to supplement the meals themselves.

60% of meal options are vegan. But the key word is options. It's not 60% of the meals served. As you'd expect when catering for such large numbers more popular options run out. As it was the non-vegan options running out, they upped the quantity of egg and meat meals they served.

The Olympics are an international event. Australians eat more meat and sleep in softer beds than the vast majority of the world, so unsurprisingly Australian athletes are more likely to complain that the beds are too hard and there isn't enough meat if they go with international norms. But they're not catering just for Australians. If we want things catered more individually for our athletes we're in a position to do so. You can't expect the host country to prepare individualized meals and beds for 14000 athletes.

They're catering for 14000 athletes. They can't individualise it for all of them. All the meals are labelled with approximate nutritional info - athletes with different requirements would be expected to supplement the meals themselves.

60% of meal options are vegan. But the key word is options. It's not 60% of the meals served. As you'd expect when catering for such large numbers more popular options run out. As it was the non-vegan options running out, they upped the quantity of egg and meat meals they served.

The Olympics are an international event. Australians eat more meat and sleep in softer beds than the vast majority of the world, so unsurprisingly Australian athletes are more likely to complain that the beds are too hard and there isn't enough meat if they go with international norms. But they're not catering just for Australians. If we want things catered more individually for our athletes we're in a position to do so. You can't expect the host country to prepare individualized meals and beds for 14000 athletes.
The question here is whether the diet, inclusive of 60% vegan options, is suited to an international array of athletes.

Nobody is expecting an individualised meal plan, rather something that meets the needs of the athletes.

Performance matters more than global warming impact when it comes to dietary needs of athletes.

The question here is whether the diet, inclusive of 60% vegan options, is suited to an international array of athletes.

Nobody is expecting an individualised meal plan, rather something that meets the needs of the athletes.

Performance matters more than global warming impact when it comes to dietary needs of athletes.

Do you think the weight lifters may have vastly different dietary needs than the marathon runners, sailors, etc...?

Many athletes will have to supplement their meals.

I assume that you understand that they could serve 99% non-vegan meals, yet have 60% vegan options? The only reason this is being discussed is the terror of the word vegan and media outlets like sky using it to trigger people and the meat industry tying to flip vegan promotion to meat promotion. And to get to the 60% vegan options there is a fair bit of Green washing - sides are separate options. So meat and 3 veg involves 75% vegan options.

Last edited:
Do you think the weight lifters may have vastly different dietary needs than the marathon runners, sailors, etc...?

Many athletes will have to supplement their meals.

I assume that you understand that they could serve 99% non-vegan meals, yet have 60% vegan options? The only reason this is being discussed is the terror of the word vegan and media outlets like sky using it to trigger people and the meat industry tying to flip vegan promotion to meat promotion. And to get to the 60% vegan options there is a fair bit of Green washing - sides are separate options. So meat and 3 veg involves 75% vegan options.

Yes, I'm aware of that.

If there was no directive to provide environmentally friendly food to athletes, how do you think the menu would differ?

Yes, I'm aware of that.

If there was no directive to provide environmentally friendly food to athletes, how do you think the menu would differ?
No idea.

There would be vegetarian and vegan options, as well as meat, egg and dairy options - like there are now.

Tokyo Olympics got slammed for the amount of food wasted. That's probably the bigger reason behind complaints of meat running out (which will be exaggerated due to the meat lobby and media outlets looking for "woke" clicks) - The percentage of options that are vegan is just a marketing stat - not necessarliy linked to the amount of vegan meals or meat consumed.

Meat industry are flipping the vegan marketing effectively - with heaps of articles about elite athletes, meat and protein. Herald Sun are running with a load of rubbish about the Olympics having been warned a month ago about vegan options - the warning was from the meat industry.

Last edited:

I heard on the radio that our super heavyweight Teremoana got served two lamb chops for a meal before his fight the other day. Not sure that's sufficient for a 6 foot 6 110kg boxer that's for sure!

I heard on the radio that our super heavyweight Teremoana got served two lamb chops for a meal before his fight the other day. Not sure that's sufficient for a 6 foot 6 110kg boxer that's for sure!
I weigh 73 and that's barely enough for me. Also supplementing with whey protein.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

would you think the same if she had refused a Russian who wanted a Russian newspaper article about the Ukraine invastion laminated ?

It's pretty obvious that it wasn't because they were Jewish, rather that it was a Zionist piece
She works at Officeworks. Laminate whatever you given and stfu. It’s not for you to police and push your personal beliefs especially in Elsternwick a heavily Jewish suburb of Melbourne...

would you think the same if she had refused a Russian who wanted a Russian newspaper article about the Ukraine invastion laminated ?

It's pretty obvious that it wasn't because they were Jewish, rather that it was a Zionist piece
Yeh seems like the customer was looking for an altercation with that one. I wish people were more honest with their intentions behind this stuff.

For someone who's 'anti cancel culture', you seem to love the idea of cancelling people who you disagree with.

Officeworks employee was an idiot, they farked up, the job is to laminate unless the article unless it contains something that breaches the law, not sure what this has to do with woke though. Is not wanting Palestinians murdered woke? What about not wanting Jews murdered by Hamas, is that anti-woke?

For someone who's 'anti cancel culture', you seem to love the idea of cancelling people who you disagree with.

Officeworks employee was an idiot, they farked up, the job is to laminate unless the article unless it contains something that breaches the law, not sure what this has to do with woke though. Is not wanting Palestinians murdered woke? What about not wanting Jews murdered by Hamas, is that anti-woke?
Ah yes how bad of me to want people fired to refuse to serve Jewish people.

Think he was wanting a person cancelled for cancelling someone else due to nationality/religion. He wasnt asking for them to be cancelled simply because they had pro palestine views.

It was very poor from the Officeworks staff member.

This was the article.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody? - Part 2 -

Remove this Banner Ad

Back