Worsfold - very impressive and forthright

Remove this Banner Ad

About as much faith you'd have in them after you found out thy're a lieing junkie. It's a commonly known fact heavy drug users are liers, hence the saying "never trust a junkie". And if afterall your assumptions were incorrect any PI worth his job would be un detected by the player and you move on as normal.
and yet woosha has a great deal of faith in ben. i guess thats what makes him a great leader, a premiership coach even.

Re: Worsfold on TFS

Is anyone else impressed?

He's been candid and is doing a lot of things right to take the steam out of the story.

Very up front, very un Worsfold like.

Very interesting viewing.

Yes - trumps Chapmanmagic by a minute!

Could not agree more.
As a rule he is very abrasive when being interviewed but tonights FS changed my opinion of him completely.

Sam is an "entertainer" - cuz is in no life threatening condition, and although not funny to me, you can;t have a go at Sam for having a go.

As for Woosha - yeah he came across well - but I thought it was particularly important to note that Woosh reckons that he was aware of issues form July, but then was asked about the captaincy... and he pointed out that that was lost because of a prior incident - the Booze Bus incident.

To me if the club didn;t pick things up then, and not to sack as obviously no evidence, but to at least start addressing the obvious issues, then I think that was pretty piss poor, and was a case of turning a blind eye because he was playing well.

No malice maybe, but piss poor. You just can;t pretend that it took months after the booze bus incident for them to realise there was a problem. Had they acted more appropriately then, then we may still ahve a great player fronting up for season 2007.

I must say that I have been disappointed to read the willingness of many to criticise and condemn a modern day legend of our great game.

In no way can the said individuals behaviour been condoned or excused.

It is unacceptable for a worshipped member of the Perth community to be involved in those alleged activities - it has tarnished the individual, his family, the West Coast Eagles Football Club, the Perth community and the great state of Western Australia.

Quite clearly, this champion needs help - not lounge chair critics sticking their boots in at the first opportunity.

Does this reek of 'tall poppy syndrome'.

Lets all get stuck into the 'franchise' player of the most succesful club of the past 20 years.

I leave you with this:

6 times All-Australian
4 times Club Champion
Brownlow medallist
Premiership player
Club captain
Rising Star Winner

All you critics beware - the 'fish bowl' that is Perth will close ranks around our beloved club.

Right off at your peril....

I must say that I have been disappointed to read the willingness of many to criticise and condemn a modern day legend of our great game.

It is unacceptable for a worshipped member of the Perth community to be involved in those alleged activities - it has tarnished the individual, his family, the West Coast Eagles Football Club, the Perth community and the great state of Western Australia.

Quite clearly, this champion needs help - not lounge chair critics sticking their boots in at the first opportunity.

Lets all get stuck into the 'franchise' player of the most succesful club of the past 20 years.

I leave you with this:

6 times All-Australian
4 times Club Champion
Brownlow medallist
Premiership player
Club captain
Rising Star Winner

All you critics beware - the 'fish bowl' that is Perth will close ranks around our beloved club.

I've not noticed that many posts that yours could apply to? Where are these boots being stuck in?

Where the f$%# do you get 5 from? He stated the 3 a couple of times

Hutchy stated 5, as you note Worsfold corrected him with 3 a couple times.

Just one of those inconsistencies which leaves you wondering. You could for instance idly speculate that the WCE have requested targetted testing on 5 players to the AFL, but only 3 were tested (as is standard operating procedure) on Monday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

come on - what exactly do you mean. everyone knows 2 people can watch the same thing and describe it differently.
Worsfold satated quite clearly that he had suspicions since he joined the club - what he lacked was proof.

For those willing to criticise from the beginning in regards to Worsfold's demeanour as coach, I guess that's your choice to make, but tonight he showed what a few of us already knew - that he wasn't just a coach who didn't give a crap what his players got up to. He was a coach who was doing his best to help his players, and if the knowledge of him doing so wasn't made public, it didn't mean that it wasn't happening.

It's obvious that Woosha and Cousins have a special bond. That bond seems to have been tarnished a bit by Ben's actions, but anyone who saw the way the two embraced after last year's GF, you knew it wasn't some normal player-coach relationship, and you could tell tonight that Woosha was doing something that he didn't enjoy. By suspending Cousins, he was taking away the one stable aspect of his life, and by doing so it was a big risk, but one that needed to be taken.

Also interesting were Woosha's comments about the role of the club with regards to players off-field behaviour. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he never mentioned the term 'role model' at anytime. What he said was that he was trying his best, as was the club, to make sure that his players presented themselves in public just as any normal member of society would, not someone with higher expectations on their shoulders.

Because as we've seen with Ben Cousins, someone with those expectations is only destined to fall much harder than you or I.

Worsfold satated quite clearly that he had suspicions since he joined the club - what he lacked was proof.

Well then why not act on it? You don't need police avidence to drop a guy to reserves. You don't need evidence to tell your mate and skipper you don't believe him.

You know - we all want to believe the people we love and care for. But you can't pretend you believe them when you don't.

I leave you with this:

6 times All-Australian
4 times Club Champion
Brownlow medallist
Premiership player
Club captain
Rising Star Winner

I reckon you might be on something BS:rolleyes: What have any of your comments got to do with this thread????

We are talking about JOHN WORSFOLD, you know, the coach of your club.;)

Worsfold should have had the courage of his convictions and confronted the issue.

yes he should have - but we've all probably been in similar situations in the past - you want to believe you are being told the truth. Maybe woosha was too close...

Remove this Banner Ad

Worsfold - very impressive and forthright

Remove this Banner Ad

Back