Worst Supporters in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Very tough question. But I would have to say Geelong supporters.

I was at the game last season when WCE came back from 9 goals down to win. The Geelong players got clapped when they walked off the ground.

What's that all about??

Filth/scum stakes: Collingwood

Bandwagon stakes: Sydney - I suspect they only have about 20,000 genuine fans and the rest are bandwagoners who don't know the rules.

Yeah that old chestnut....always good for a laff when u hear jealous victorian fans relying on it just before they get flogged.

Sit beside Dons fans and u quickly realise they arnt even smart enough to read a rulebook....they know one word and one sentence tho...BALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL !!!! and "we were robbed"

Yepp...the effect is definitely more noticeable outside here. You get the impression most dont actually know any players from other clubs...totally insular with no idea what is going on outside the weagles.

They'll talk about whether Lynchy or Juddy or Glassy (everyone gets a nickname) will absolutely dominate this weekend but if u simply ask who they are playing many wouldnt even know that.

Whats the capital of Queensland ?....WCE fan answer: goooo juddyyyyyy !!!!
Who is the Prime Minister? ....Embers should be !!!

I've always put it down to simply living in an isolated environment.

Mate, lets take off the street, 10 random WA based West Coast fans and pit them against 10 random NSW based Sydney fans on footy knowledge.

I'd back the west coast supporters anyday of the week with no qualms.

But thats ok, you guys are new;)

Mate, lets take off the street, 10 random WA based West Coast fans and pit them against 10 random NSW based Sydney fans on footy knowledge.

I'd back the west coast supporters anyday of the week with no qualms.

But thats ok, you guys are new;)

You might...but i wouldnt..u've obviously got no idea champ coz look at what u followed it up with..."you guys are new"

In case u werent around at the time to remember...we were established in 1874...a foundation club of the VFL and AFL.

Weagles were formed about what ?...110 yrs later or so ?...as what ?...basically gifted the chance to play a state team in the expanding VFL...newbies hoping to compete against the big guys.

All we did is switched town....but by the looks of it you need to switch to a town that has a school.

carlton by the length of the straight.

While at the game their supporters are so uneducated in football, they start yelling BAAALLLL before the player has even taken possesion ( i sh!t you not )

The majority of their BF members are filled with Hatred and unrealistic views.

Adelaide- proud to be South Australian. But why??

Brisbane- arrogant to the point where they tell opposition supporters to 'quiet down'

Carlton- load and annoying and wining 16 flags is there only comeback

Collingwood- really stupid and keeping beeping there horns are a win and yelling 'Go Pies' to people who obviously have no interest in football. They also want to start fights all the time.

Essendon- REALLY REALLY arrogant. never admit that there side is hopeless. Even the players wont admit it. Hird said they would make top 4. What the hell?

Fremantle- don't have anything to brag about so there keeping quit.......for now.

Geelong- always get exited only to be let down. You think they would have learnt by now.

Hawthorn- perfect of course

Kangaroos- always seem to be those really annoying people. Band wagon supporters who don't buy memberships.

Melbourne- Snobs who get really angry in there snobby accents. Always fill the mcc members which annoys me. alot of them are ugly too.

Port Adelaide- As insane as it gets. it's like collingwoodx10. They do really bizzare things like like egg johnny plattens old house even though he doesn't live there anymore....

Richmond- Very angry, but i can sort of understand why.

St Kilda- You'd have to be very loyal to still be with this lot.

Sydney- who cares? the majority don't even understand the game anyway. They started the Mexican wave when they were loosing.......

West Coast- arrogant, but i guess at the moment they have reason to be. But still, constantly bagging other teams will mean they'll be HUGE bait once there rein is over.

Western Bulldogs- not many of them. dumb but not aggressive.

You might...but i wouldnt..u've obviously got no idea champ coz look at what u followed it up with..."you guys are new"

In case u werent around at the time to remember...we were established in 1874...a foundation club of the VFL and AFL.

Weagles were formed about what ?...110 yrs later or so ?...as what ?...basically gifted the chance to play a state team in the expanding VFL...newbies hoping to compete against the big guys.

All we did is switched town....but by the looks of it you need to switch to a town that has a school.

yeh.. you switched to a town that has no idea about football. And the only reason you switched is because you had bugger all supporters in the first place.

Collingwood by a very long way. It is amazing how they didn't have many supporters during the 90's. They seem to think that makng grandfinals and having lots of money makes you successful. I think many should shut up until they have a recent premiership.

I'll base mine purely on what i have witnessedw while at the football

Adelaide- Never been to an AFL game against the crows

Brisbane- Only been to one game agains the lions but was in sydney and there wasnt many of them around

Carlton- Hard to hate their fans in recent years. Most of their anger and frustration has been directed at their own team. But I remember them back when they were winning - One of, if not THE worst bunch of supporters around. Completely arrogant.

Collingwood- Shockingly biased, one eyed supporters. I remember going to Vic Park as a kid and being one of only about 5 or 6 hundred swans supporters. Saw objects thrown at other supporters, people spat on and worse. Have to say I feel much safer playing them at the dome for some reason.

Essendon- Probably the best of the "BIG FOUR". Arrogant but not quite as one-eyed as Collingwood, Carlton and Richmond.

Fremantle- Never been to a game against them.

Geelong- Total ****ers - One team town syndrome. I absolutely hate travelling to that shithole stadium to watch a game. Its sickening hearing their nicknames and constant praise for their own players. One good mark and its "Your killing him scarlet", "Your giving him a bath mooney".
Dicks!

Hawthorn- One of the better groups of supporters, even in the 80s they were tollerable. Obviously theres always going to be the odd few that piss you off but on the whole they're pretty good.

Kangaroos- Probably the most amount of bogan supporters after Collingwood and the doggies. Hearing "GO NORF!!!!" from the back of the stands always cracks me up. Hated them in the mid-late 90s but not a bad bunch.

Melbourne-Generally faily subdued and more concerned with their own players/team. A tolerable bunch.

Port Adelaide- Never been to a game against them.

Richmond- See, Carlton.

St Kilda- Used to identify with this lot and being from Ballarat there are a lot of saints supporters here. However I lost a lot of respect for them during the 05 prelim when several of their supporters were less than gracious in defeat.

West Coast- Considering my hatered for their team I don't actually mind their supporters. Most of them wish you good luck before a game and congratulate you after a win.

Western Bulldogs- A lot of bogans, can get feral in a close game but not bad supporters overall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

edited for accuracy
  • WCE fans Booo everything.. They boo an oppostion player being carried off the ground on a stretcher..
  • There cheer squad even does chants promoting sponsors...... singing product endorcements!! sell out drug addled morons...
  • What about fat daniel hanging over then fence only to shitbomb his undies when O'Loughlin manwailed in his face Vs Sydney last year. Classic footage - Classic example of a loud mouth weasel supporter.
  • WCE fans worst trolls on BF.
  • You'd think brown should've been charged with something with the whole eye gouging thing this week the way they carried on. Sustained drug addiction will do that to you though.......
And Freo fans don't

At the games I would say the Bulldog supporters. There are only one time I left the game early as a result from the oppisition supporters abusive behaviour. There was also another time when I came close to leaving early from the supporters behaviour. Both times were from Bulldog supporters.

The other thing is how many Bulldogs supporters were celebrating when Brown broke his leg.

Geez, i think my tongue may have gone right through my cheek when i made that comment:rolleyes:

FWIW, I was actually referring to the fact that most of your fans are new, apart from the diehard few thousand that used to show up to watch you get pumped in the early/mid nineties.

Drawing rather a long bow to say the majority of swans fans have been on the team longer than a few years.

But don't let that get in the way of a good rant;)

I just found it chuckleworthy a sydney fan calling any other team, ignorant of aspects of the game. If it came from a vic based fan maybe it'd have a modicum of credibility, it'd still be wrong, but i wouldn't have laughed...

At Games

Collingwood - Worst especially Vic Park days
Essendon - Biggest ferals esp during Windy Hill days
Carlton - Arrogant
Richmond - Also ferals, If they can get success happening, they will be hated just as much as Collingwood...

Interstate

Port - See Collingwood x 2
West Coast - See Carlton

On the footy boards

Hawthorn - Just smartass, arrogant supporters who try very very hard to be included with the bigger clubs...but they just simply dont rate in everyone's eyes :thumbsdown:

At the games I would say the Bulldog supporters. There are only one time I left the game early as a result from the oppisition supporters abusive behaviour. There was also another time when I came close to leaving early from the supporters behaviour. Both times were from Bulldog supporters.

The other thing is how many Bulldogs supporters were celebrating when Brown broke his leg.
Yep, the Footscray women I used to see in the outer at the western oval were fat, toothless, tracky pant wearing old scrags and mouths on them like filth. You gotta love 'em

At Games

Collingwood - Worst especially Vic Park days
Essendon - Biggest ferals esp during Windy Hill days
Carlton - Arrogant
Richmond - Also ferals, If they can get success happening, they will be hated just as much as Collingwood...

Interstate

Port - See Collingwood x 2
West Coast - See Carlton

On the footy boards

Hawthorn - Just smartass, arrogant supporters who try very very hard to be included with the bigger clubs...but they just simply dont rate in everyone's eyes :thumbsdown:

Not bad when you don't have the stones to put up which team you support.

Gutless dweeb.

Thank God we are still the most hated, we must be doing something right. :thumbsu: This is the best thread i have read in ages. Seriously. If you aren't hated for being one eyed, rude, loud, aggressive or any thing else then just sit at home and watch it on Foxtel. Thanks everyone for the vote of confidence. :)

Yeah, what the hell is Joffa doing at Victory games. Idiot. But he did say he thought the atmosphere was amazing :)

Plus to guy who said North supporters without a membership - suck me, im saving up for a Victory membership

Although I live in Sydney, I would rather poke my eyes out than go to a game at the SCG.

I love football.. Not because of my team, but just for the love of the game. I love everything about it and can actually watch any team play (apart from what has been said on this board, I can probably actually name players from other teams), but the Swans fans have no idea.

I love it when you go to a game in Melbourne and you can wear your colours even if your team isn't playing. The clapping fools over the border aren't quite sure about loyalty to your team when they aren't on the ground in front of you.

It is a shame, cos when you do meet a Swans supporter who actually does have a clue, they are generally quite nice. But they are hard to find...

Then again, I could be a bit bitter after the Swans supporter tried to hit me after they won the Grand Final in 2005.
I am a girl.

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst Supporters in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back