Wrestling on Australian TV

Remove this Banner Ad

I really wish Aussie TV showed more wrestling. I remember a few years ago, I asked Fox8 whether they're playing on showing ROH in the near future and they said that they were 'seriously considering' showing it, but never ended up showing it. Which is a real shame! Also I really would love to see NJPW! Now that would be awesome. I remember 7TWO showed NWA: On Fire, which I found random that they would show it but it was a welcome surprise. They no longer show it though. Does anyone know if there is wrestling on Aussie TV other than WWE and TNA??

I really wish Aussie TV showed more wrestling. I remember a few years ago, I asked Fox8 whether they're playing on showing ROH in the near future and they said that they were 'seriously considering' showing it, but never ended up showing it. Which is a real shame! Also I really would love to see NJPW! Now that would be awesome. I remember 7TWO showed NWA: On Fire, which I found random that they would show it but it was a welcome surprise. They no longer show it though. Does anyone know if there is wrestling on Aussie TV other than WWE and TNA??

I got in touch with Main Event about 3 weeks before ROH's live PPV debut a couple of weeks ago to ask if they'd look into it. I checked the box asking for a response. I never got one.

Disappointing. I wouldn't even have been able to watch it live, but I would've happily paid 25 bucks to support something different on Australian TV.

Wrestling isn't a hot product. MMA is a hotter product than wrestling.

many of the wrestling weekly tv shows, you can watch on the internet anyway.
That's not really an excuse not to show 1 or 2 more wrestling promotions! There are plenty of wrestling fans here in Australia that would love to see something different other than the mainstream WWE and TNA!

I got in touch with Main Event about 3 weeks before ROH's live PPV debut a couple of weeks ago to ask if they'd look into it. I checked the box asking for a response. I never got one.

Disappointing. I wouldn't even have been able to watch it live, but I would've happily paid 25 bucks to support something different on Australian TV.
I hate when they don't reply! It's fairly disappointing. If they can show TNA PPVs then surely they can show ROH PPVs. After all I doubt that many people order TNA PPVs on mainevent, so the same number would order ROH PPVs IMO!

define 'plenty'.
Well around 40k tune in to watch RAW on Fox8 everyweek. If at least half (or even a quarter) of that audience tuned into ROH or some other wrestling promotion then that would be great tv rating figures. Anyway it's not like there isn't channels full of shit that nobody watches!

Well around 40k tune in to watch RAW on Fox8 everyweek. If at least half (or even a quarter) of that audience tuned into ROH or some other wrestling promotion then that would be great tv rating figures. Anyway it's not like there isn't channels full of shit that nobody watches!
I think you're overestimating the amount of people who would actually watch ROH or any japanese wrestling. Japanese would be turned off straight away by 99% of people due to the japanese commentators (it's a shame but it is what would happen) and most people would glance over ROH because it doesn't have the mainstream production like WWE and it's not something that a lot of people would watch. There's a reason why WWE is so much bigger than it, and it's due to the mainstream marketability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caught OCW on channel 31 again last night. Special guests were Carlito and Chris Masters. I actually quite enjoy the show even though there's no storylines televised. There are a couple of genuinely good workers on the roster, along with some really slow, really shit workers.

Not sure if anyone is interested in this, thought I'd share. It's off the OCW facebook page.

StsTna2.jpg

I used to love watching Wrestling on Ch 10 when I was growing up it was only highlights of the week but was really good.. Now there is nothing..

I used to love watching Wrestling on Ch 10 when I was growing up it was only highlights of the week but was really good.. Now there is nothing..
Up until the end of last year, OCW was on Tuesday nights at 930 I think on CH31. Production of it was pretty shitty, but still wrestling and good for a laugh. Not sure if it's still on or not I haven't been home much on Tuesdays for some reason.

I think they also had snakepit wrestling on ch 31. but Im sorry I'm not sure which day or time that is a local wrestling promotion here.. but I miss being able to watch it on free to air

Anybody watching Outback Championship Wrestling on Channel 31 right now? I think tonight might be the first episode. I'm going to try to be nice because it's great to have an Australian promotion on TV . This guy just did a vignette and a promo about being angry about fans cheering him which was kind of funny. It looks like they've got some fairly big names lined up down the track so hopefully it works out for them.

Main event was pretty enjoyable. It was a triple threat for the heavyweight title that included Briley Pierce (ziggler's brother who has been pretty vocal about the Demott situation) and Rob Terry. Certainly worth giving a look.

Hopefully I can convince a mate to come along with me for their big show on the 20th. Always been a fan of Mr Anderson

Anybody watching Outback Championship Wrestling on Channel 31 right now? I think tonight might be the first episode. I'm going to try to be nice because it's great to have an Australian promotion on TV . This guy just did a vignette and a promo about being angry about fans cheering him which was kind of funny. It looks like they've got some fairly big names lined up down the track so hopefully it works out for them.

That was episode one of season 2. I've been banging on about it for ages. Season one was great. That vignette was from a dude named Krakerjack, I've not seen much Australian wrestling, but from what I have, he's easily the most entertaining, in and out of the ring.

Unfortunately I fell asleep before the main event... whoops.

What time and channel is Impact on now?

It's on Main Event... I think it's on Saturday evening/night some time, then there's sometimes a replay on either Monday or Tuesday night.

It's certainly not prioritised thought - they bump it in a heartbeat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrestling on Australian TV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back