WRFL Div. 2 Season 2008 and Beyond Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laverton have pick up two new recruits a 6.foot 4 chf at about 125kgs
and a 6.foot 3 chb at 105 kgs its looking good for next year.
come on 2009.:)

FOOTY CHAT WEAPONS AND KARIM NO NEED TO HERE ABOUT UR WICKETS AND RUNS WE HEAR ENOUGH ABOUT YOUR SKILLS AND HOW U BOTH DONT GET BEATEN ALL YEAR IN FOOTY SO SPARE US THE SUMMER STORIES:thumbsu:

MATTY NAPIER ISNT THAT GOOD SIZE DOESNT COUNT FOR ANYTHING AND I AM YET TO HEAR THAT HE SIGNED HIS OLD CLUB WANT HIM SO I DOUBT HE WILL BE AT LAVO AND UR SECOND PICK UP ARON J??? COULD IT BE ARON JAMES :eek::eek:PLEASE

Laverton have pick up two new recruits a 6.foot 4 chf at about 125kgs
and a 6.foot 3 chb at 105 kgs its looking good for next year.
come on 2009.:)

mate the top 3 teams last year didnt have big guys... they have quick ones with good skills.. and boys that run all day long.. 125 kgs and 105 kgs dont move that well.. and if they did.. you need small guys to HIT TARGETS.. dont think by spruiking about recruits this time of year anyone gets worried... look at parskside on here last year.. :thumbsu:

mate the top 3 teams last year didnt have big guys... they have quick ones with good skills.. and boys that run all day long.. 125 kgs and 105 kgs dont move that well.. and if they did.. you need small guys to HIT TARGETS.. dont think by spruiking about recruits this time of year anyone gets worried... look at parskside on here last year.. :thumbsu:
I surely agree with that i remember there were about 10 Parkside blokes saying they would be untouchable and look what happened...

Premiership favourites = North Footscray and nobody else has the right to say they are better at this time

com on hells mate ive seen them play and they are pretty ordinary i think they average 2-4 wins per year since they have started and thats against the likes of jacana and moonee valley wouldnt beat brunswick power:eek:

having played in both comps and against all these teams i can tell you edfl is a mile better than wrfl, there would not be 1 wrfl team come close to making finals in edfl! im pretty sure sydenham pushed deer park in a pracy 2

having played in both comps and against all these teams i can tell you edfl is a mile better than wrfl, there would not be 1 wrfl team come close to making finals in edfl! im pretty sure sydenham pushed deer park in a pracy 2

yer they did..........i think 10 goals was the final margian.........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I played in both as well man and you cant say EDFL is THAT much better... depending on the talent pool in the top 4 teams each year they are much of a muchness... The year marby park won it your right no one would come close to them.. but Sunny Hieghts would of beaten Airport West by 5-10 goals this year.. they are much of a muchness dude:thumbsu:

I played in both as well man and you cant say EDFL is THAT much better... depending on the talent pool in the top 4 teams each year they are much of a muchness... The year marby park won it your right no one would come close to them.. but Sunny Hieghts would of beaten Airport West by 5-10 goals this year.. they are much of a muchness dude:thumbsu:

This was my first year in WRFL after playing the past 10 years in EDFL DIV 1 and 2, and sorry Mint i would have to disagree. I think the top 3 or 4 teams would win the flag in WRFL.

The last 2 years Tullamarine have played North Footscray in Practice matches, and yes i know they are just Praccy's but they did win both games by 15 goals plus.

It does depend on the year i agree, but the budgets of the top B grade teams is around the 50 K - 80 K mark and i would think that is alot more significant than the WRFL.

Everyone is entilted to there own opinion though :thumbsu:

This was my first year in WRFL after playing the past 10 years in EDFL DIV 1 and 2, and sorry Mint i would have to disagree. I think the top 3 or 4 teams would win the flag in WRFL.

The last 2 years Tullamarine have played North Footscray in Practice matches, and yes i know they are just Praccy's but they did win both games by 15 goals plus.

It does depend on the year i agree, but the budgets of the top B grade teams is around the 50 K - 80 K mark and i would think that is alot more significant than the WRFL.

not saying that the EDFL is no good they are a great leauge and have been way ahead of the WRFL for a few years now... i just think the wrfl has caught up to them thats all..

last year when we played tulla we had a grand total of 6 senior players and the game was a 6 quarter match on a 40 degree day.. praccy matches dont count for sh*t

Totally agree with you there the top 4 edfl teams would of def won the flag ..

Mint ive seen alot of EDFL esp APW and id have to say APW would of beaten Sunny Heights by 5-10 goals just to much leg speed .. no one would be able to hold Pappa and APW's big men Fisherden and Maccalister would run amok .....McBride would take Mallia and apw's young blokes like McVeigh,Godden,Rogers would easily match up on any of Heights onballers ..:thumbsu:....

I know they are only praccy matches but they are the only guide we have and APW did only lose to Glenorden this yr by 1 pt ....

Would be a cracker of a game though!! but i do think your right WRFL div 2 is catching EDFL div 2 .....tougher harder hitting footy over in the western region ..

Totally agree with you there the top 4 edfl teams would of def won the flag ..

Mint ive seen alot of EDFL esp APW and id have to say APW would of beaten Sunny Heights by 5-10 goals just to much leg speed .. no one would be able to hold Pappa and APW's big men Fisherden and Maccalister would run amok .....McBride would take Mallia and apw's young blokes like McVeigh,Godden,Rogers would easily match up on any of Heights onballers ..:thumbsu:....

I know they are only praccy matches but they are the only guide we have and APW did only lose to Glenorden this yr by 1 pt ....

Would be a cracker of a game though!! but i do think your right WRFL div 2 is catching EDFL div 2 .....tougher harder hitting footy over in the western region ..

All valid points.... Also definately agree that the WRFL has caught up over the last few years and is improving every year, just think at this stage EDFL is probably 7 or 8 goals better standard.

Also different footy though, WRFL a bit harder close in footy and alsot more pace and leg speed in EDFL.

Mint at Roxy you were a more of a forward player and at Nth Footscary a midfielder.... Fair indication of the pace of the game.

Coming from EFDL i have difinately noticed that the pace is slower, which i am really enjoying.... as i push 30 next year....LOL;)

All valid points.... Also definately agree that the WRFL has caught up over the last few years and is improving every year, just think at this stage EDFL is probably 7 or 8 goals better standard.

Also different footy though, WRFL a bit harder close in footy and alsot more pace and leg speed in EDFL.

Mint at Roxy you were a more of a forward player and at Nth Footscary a midfielder.... Fair indication of the pace of the game.

Coming from EFDL i have difinately noticed that the pace is slower, which i am really enjoying.... as i push 30 next year....LOL;)

:thumbsu: Spot on i think !! would prob be 7-8 goals better and def alot quicker ...

mate you cant go on praccy matches ive played in games where we have been beaten by a 2div club & that year we went on to win the A grade flag

yeah i was more a forward player but that was due to injuries and a few other things.. i didnt find it that much faster although the ball moved a little more fluently whereas the WRFL is a bit more of a inclose battle.

kind of like the Ammos..

yeah i was more a forward player but that was due to injuries and a few other things.. i didnt find it that much faster although the ball moved a little more fluently whereas the WRFL is a bit more of a inclose battle.

kind of like the Ammos..

Yeah fair point...

How are you blokes looking this year.... Should be a good game to kick off the season round 1...........:thumbsu:

Merry xmas all !!

Some good new at Districts came thru just before Chrissy !!

Signed , Sealed & Delivered

The Club is please to advise that last years top 3 players in the Allan Chandler Medal , Ricky Elkins, Leigh Irons & Wes Broad, have confirmed their playing agreements for season 2009.

Good to see the boys all on board hope they all have another ripper yr !!..

Merry xmas all !!

Some good new at Districts came thru just before Chrissy !!

Signed , Sealed & Delivered

The Club is please to advise that last years top 3 players in the Allan Chandler Medal , Ricky Elkins, Leigh Irons & Wes Broad, have confirmed their playing agreements for season 2009.

Good to see the boys all on board hope they all have another ripper yr !!..

Have you lost many players Hellsbells.

I heard that a 6 foot 8 ruckman has left and gone to Albanvale. :confused:

Have you lost many players Hellsbells.

I heard that a 6 foot 8 ruckman has left and gone to Albanvale. :confused:

We've lost a few to Morang like ,Gomez,Howarth,Bentley and a couple others but players signed will likely cover those gone ..

Yes the ruckman i believe has left but couldnt tell u where he is going ?? Albanvale and Romsey were both keen....

A 6ft 8 ruckman is a loss no doubt but with Brad Kite from Glenroy on board and Wes signing on again he should be well covered ...:thumbsu:

I know the 3 boys above who have signed were all chased by other clubs so its good to see them all staying :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back